2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't see my STUD WR, but it is hard not to like this draft. 

Agreed. I tried finding one. But the reality is we are probably 2 years away from any WR drafted being put front and Center with Dez still under contract, Twill re-signing. We have Cole's replacement in Switz. 

I think - depending on how Rico develops - with this draft our biggest need going into 2019 would be WR1 to compliment & eventually replace Dez.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Post Week 1 Mock-Draft:

• Round 1: Malik Jefferson*, LB, Texas 
  • Round 2: Marquis Haynes*, DE, Ole Miss 
  • Round 3: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan 
  • Round 4: Duke Dawson, CB, Florida 
  • Round 4 (comp):  Larry Allen Jr., G, Harvard 
  • Round 5: TRADED -- Xavier Woods
  • Round 5 (comp): Bentley Spain, OT, North Carolina 
  • Round 5 (comp): Damien Harris*, RB, Alabama 
  • Round 5 (comp): Ethan Wolfe, TE, Tennessee 
  • Round 6:  Quinton Flowers*, QB, South Florida
  • Round 7: TRADED -- Jayrone Elliott

Free Agents:

Timmy Jernigan, DT

While I don't really know the college players any more my only problem with this is I see LB as being a more important need going into next year then D Lineman. We have a lot of young depth and while none of them are premier pass rushers we do have some quality and it will be interesting to see over this year how they develop, I expect they will improve and will work well with our also young and improving secondary..     I have hopes that Smith will work into a Von miller like pass rusher as he develops and gets healthier and healthier he had that potential before..   but I doubt he will return to that level, so that type of rusher play maker is really what I want to add to this team and he doesn't need to be a EVERY down type rusher. 

as far as WR..  I do agree that is a need, but just how much depends upon how much Butler improves his route running skill... if he remains a post option only then we really do need to add a high quality No 1 type WR, though I think rolling the dice on Dez having one more year is not a bad choice. BUT also let us see how Switzer works out.

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Post Week 1 Mock-Draft:

Free Agents:

Timmy Jernigan, DT

I love Jefferson, but I'm thinking if Dallas goes LB in rd 1, something very bad happened. It's outside the top 3, but I'd have an issue with CB being next off the board still. It's too early to tell, but right now really think DE, WR, and personally I'd put a RB as top 3 needs.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I love Jefferson, but I'm thinking if Dallas goes LB in rd 1, something very bad happened. It's outside the top 3, but I'd have an issue with CB being next off the board still. It's too early to tell, but right now really think DE, WR, and personally I'd put a RB as top 3 needs.

Unless your assuming EE will be suspended, I don't see how a RB would/should be drafted in the top 3. Though a sleeper in the later rds would be ideal.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Unless your assuming EE will be suspended, I don't see how a RB would/should be drafted in the top 3. Though a sleeper in the later rds would be ideal.

I agree with this. Which is why I went with Damien Harris, who also plays Special Teams! Allows us to move on from Morris and Run DMC. 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not too worried about suspension, but there is now some doubt in my mind about Zeke taking off the field stuff seriously. At least until he proves otherwise. And, while it's entirely too early to be concerned about DMC/Morris/etc, someone has to share the load and come next year, I think current 3 are likely on the outs. I'm ok with a mid/late rder, but if the right guy falls into place in rd 3, I'd have no issue with Dallas taking him.

On 9/12/2017 at 8:28 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Post Week 1 Mock-Draft:

Free Agents:

Timmy Jernigan, DT

1- Sam Hubbard     DE     Ohio St.- Heres the one I really hope we pick up. Kind of a poor man's Bosa, but this guy could be a very solid pass rusher and solidify our line. 
2- Mark Andrews    TE     Oklahoma- Our future replacement for Witten. I think he is only a 2nd right now cause he has a weakness for blocking. It's not huge but it's something that will knock him from being a complete TE heading into the draft.
3- Ike Boettger    OT     Iowa- Here is a guy I could see actually shoot up the draft boards big time. He's athletic, light footed, he has mechanic issues. But this guy I think could be a starter day one and could fill in for Tyron should God forbid something happen that keeps him out a little while.
4- Quin Blanding   SS     Virginia- Another pick that could raise his stock, he is more of a SS, but is athletic enough to play a center fielder and could cover TE's in space.
4- Cameron Smith   ILB    USC- I've heard some say he has first round talent. That kind of talent stands out with obvious athletic traits. None of which he really does. But this guy is solid, solid when it comes to playing the middle.
5- L.J. Scott      RB     Michigan St.- Scott could be a 3rd rounder or even 2nd depending on how he does this season and his combine. Im guessing he really measures in at 6-0 220. But he is someone who could help take alot of pressure off Zeke in the future. And even has some catching ability which Redball should like.
5- KC McDermott     OL    Miami- Heres a guy I really like, May go higher then this. But could play both Guard and Tackle. I think could replace Collins as RT if Bottger weren't drafted. This guy would provide great depth for us if anything.
5- Antonio Callaway WR    Florida- May end up biting us but dude is a multi purpose Percy Harvin type threat. We could have alot of fun with him in our offense for the limited number of games he plays for us until he probably gets himself kicked out of the league.
6- Da'Shawn Hand    DL    Alabama- I know people will say this is way to low for Hand. But I don't see the production to justify drafting him any higher right now. And personally I would just consider moving him inside to help out with Irving.

Heres my list. Mind you this is obviously subject to change. There are a few prospects that could definitely shoot up the boards, but this is just how I see where they are right now. A couple are even overreaches.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

1- Sam Hubbard     DE     Ohio St.- Heres the one I really hope we pick up. Kind of a poor man's Bosa, but this guy could be a very solid pass rusher and solidify our line. 
2- Mark Andrews    TE     Oklahoma- Our future replacement for Witten. I think he is only a 2nd right now cause he has a weakness for blocking. It's not huge but it's something that will knock him from being a complete TE heading into the draft.
3- Ike Boettger    OT     Iowa- Here is a guy I could see actually shoot up the draft boards big time. He's athletic, light footed, he has mechanic issues. But this guy I think could be a starter day one and could fill in for Tyron should God forbid something happen that keeps him out a little while.
4- Quin Blanding   SS     Virginia- Another pick that could raise his stock, he is more of a SS, but is athletic enough to play a center fielder and could cover TE's in space.
4- Cameron Smith   ILB    USC- I've heard some say he has first round talent. That kind of talent stands out with obvious athletic traits. None of which he really does. But this guy is solid, solid when it comes to playing the middle.
5- L.J. Scott      RB     Michigan St.- Scott could be a 3rd rounder or even 2nd depending on how he does this season and his combine. Im guessing he really measures in at 6-0 220. But he is someone who could help take alot of pressure off Zeke in the future. And even has some catching ability which Redball should like.
5- KC McDermott     OL    Miami- Heres a guy I really like, May go higher then this. But could play both Guard and Tackle. I think could replace Collins as RT if Bottger weren't drafted. This guy would provide great depth for us if anything.
5- Antonio Callaway WR    Florida- May end up biting us but dude is a multi purpose Percy Harvin type threat. We could have alot of fun with him in our offense for the limited number of games he plays for us until he probably gets himself kicked out of the league.
6- Da'Shawn Hand    DL    Alabama- I know people will say this is way to low for Hand. But I don't see the production to justify drafting him any higher right now. And personally I would just consider moving him inside to help out with Irving.

Heres my list. Mind you this is obviously subject to change. There are a few prospects that could definitely shoot up the boards, but this is just how I see where they are right now. A couple are even overreaches.

If we draft a TE in RD2, he damn better be a good one. Still no STUD WR, but all others are good. Maybe there is a young quality WR Dallas could sign next year as a FA?? 

Aren't we going to be in a good cap situation next season. So we don't have to force a draft on a position.

13 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

If we draft a TE in RD2, he damn better be a good one. Still no STUD WR, but all others are good. Maybe there is a young quality WR Dallas could sign next year as a FA?? 

Aren't we going to be in a good cap situation next season. So we don't have to force a draft on a position.

You should go watch Andrews play then. He is a really nice pass catcher.

JMO, but I would strongly consider taking a RB somewhere between round 2-3. Zeke's 6 games are likely going to be pushed into next season, and aside from Morris and McFadden being JAGS, their contracts are also expiring. Having a legitimate back up not only helps plug the hole while Zeke's out, but would also lessen the wear on him while he is available. Plus, there's a REALLY good crop of backs in this class.

Archived