2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Is that gonna be the Dallas tradition going forward? 

It's not just Jaylon Smith. It already is a tradition. Sean Lee was one of those guys too, as was Bruce Carter, remember him? All 2nd rounders, all LBs that may have been firsts if not for ...something. it's not always injuries either. Randy Gregory was our 2nd rounder the year he came out.

It's pretty clear that Dallas wants a starter with the first pick, like all teams. In the 2nd they are extremely prone to taking a guy that may have been a 1st if not for.... something. It's not every year, but there's to many examples for it to not be in their philosophy. Basically in the 2nd round they are some gambling mother ******'s.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

It's not just Jaylon Smith. It already is a tradition. Sean Lee was one of those guys too, as was Bruce Carter, remember him? All 2nd rounders, all LBs that may have been firsts if not for ...something. it's not always injuries either. Randy Gregory was our 2nd rounder the year he came out.

It's pretty clear that Dallas wants a starter with the first pick, like all teams. In the 2nd they are extremely prone to taking a guy that may have been a 1st if not for.... something. It's not every year, but there's to many examples for it to not be in their philosophy. Basically in the 2nd round they are some gambling mother ******'s.

Ahhhh ok now I remember. The Eagles went that route this year with Sidney Jones. It's just a cool thing to do.

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Ahhhh ok now I remember. The Eagles went that route this year with Sidney Jones. It's just a cool thing to do.

I hated the Jaylon Smith pick, and loved the Randy Gregory pick. I thought surely getting someone to quit smoking was going to be easier than a nerve regeneration. Seems I was wrong.

Latest mock:

Sign: OT Cam Fleming, LB Michael Wilhoite, S DeShawn Shead 

Re-Sign: C/G Jonathan Cooper, DE DeMarcus Lawrence, DE/DT, David Irving, LS L.P. Ladouceur 

DRAFT:

1st Round, 19th Overall Pick: Will Hernandez OG, UTEP
2nd Round, 50th Overall Pick: Jerome Baker OLB, Ohio State
3rd Round, 81st Overall Pick: Kendrick Norton DT, Miami
4th Round, 118th Overall Pick: Cedrick Wilson WR, Boise State
4th Round, 138th Overall Pick: Akrum Wadley RB, Iowa
4th Round, 139th Overall Pick: Tyler Conklin TE, Central Michigan
5th Round, 174th Overall Pick: Joe Ostman DE, Central Michigan
5th Round, 176th Overall Pick: Genard Avery MLB, Memphis 
6th Round, 196th Overall Pick: Brett Toth OT, Army
7th Round, 236th Overall Pick: Henre' Toliver CB, Arkansas 

ROSTER

OFFENSE

QB: D. Prescott | C. Rush 
RB: E. Elliott | R. Smith | A. Wadley
FB:
K. Smith
WR: D. Bryant | T. Williams | C. Beasley | R. Switzer | C. Wilson | N. Brown | L. Lenoir 
TE: J. Witten | G. Swaim | T. Conklin  | R. Gathers | B. Jarwin 
LT: T. Smith | C. Fleming 
LG: W. Hernandez
C:
T. Frederick | J. Cooper 
RG: Z. Martin
RT: L. Collins | B. Toth 

DEFENSE

LDE: D. Lawrence | C. Tapper | 
3T: M. Collins | T. Crawford | L. Neal
1T: D. Irving | D. Ash | K. Norton
RDE: T. Charlton | J. Ostman | R. Gregory
SLB: M. Wilhoite | D. Wilson 
MLB: J. Smith | G. Avery
WLB: S. Lee | J. Baker
CB: B. Jones | C. Awuzie | M. White
FS: D. Shead | K. Frazier
SS: X. Woods | J. Heath
CB: J. Lewis | A. Brown | H. Toliver

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: D. Bailey
P: C. Jones
LS: L.P. Ladouceur 

On 10/9/2017 at 1:10 AM, Tony7188 said:

Since this isn't a strong LB class and Derwin James will be long gone, my list goes:

1. DT: A DT like Da'Ron Payne would help the DL.

2: WR: We need someone new opposite of Dez Bryant because Terrance Williams sucks.

3. S: We need a playmaker back there at safety. Byron Jones and Jeff Heath are not the answer.

You need to scrap Dez Bryant because he doesn't work with Dak. Brice Butler is actually a good WR from what I've seen of him in my limited viewing.

EDIT: IDK why it took me immediately to that post in this thread lolwhoops.

What does everyone consider to be the deepest parts of this class?

I think DT is the obvious one.

I think a role playing WR (IE not a #1) - I consider last years class more top heavy. 

RBs are insane in terms of starting potential. 

Interior OL also seems really deep. 

There are also a ton of QBs that will likely go round 1. I am curious if this will be one of the drafts with the most number of total QBs drafted. 

LOL:

19: R1P19

S DERWIN JAMES
FLORIDA STATE
50: R2P18

G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
81: R3P17
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
118: R4P16

DL NATHAN SHEPHERD
FORT HAYS STATE
138: R4P36
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
139: R4P37

EDGE KEMOKO TURAY
RUTGERS
174: R5P35

TE DURHAM SMYTHE
NOTRE DAME
176: R5P37

RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
196: R6P19

OT GREG SENAT
WAGNER
236: R7P18

CB KAMERON KELLY
SAN DIEGO STATE

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What does everyone consider to be the deepest parts of this class?

I think DT is the obvious one.

I think a role playing WR (IE not a #1) - I consider last years class more top heavy. 

RBs are insane in terms of starting potential. 

Interior OL also seems really deep. 

There are also a ton of QBs that will likely go round 1. I am curious if this will be one of the drafts with the most number of total QBs drafted. 

I think you nailed it with that list. There’s not a ton of depth in any other area.

QBs - Weak class

WRs - Weak at WR1

TE - Average class

DE - Weak class

LB (OLB and ILB) - Top heavy with little depth

CB - Weak class

S - Top heavy with little depth

If history is any indicator, we can assume that teams will overdraft those weaker positions due to the fear of “losing out”. Basically, it will probably mean that we’ll have the pick of the litter at OT, OG, and DT because the decent LBs, WRs, and Safeties will be gone coupled with at least 3 (if not 4) QBs taken in the top 18.

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I think you nailed it with that list. There’s not a ton of depth in any other area.

QBs - Weak class

WRs - Weak at WR1

TE - Average class

DE - Weak class

LB (OLB and ILB) - Top heavy with little depth

CB - Weak class

S - Top heavy with little depth

If history is any indicator, we can assume that teams will overdraft those weaker positions due to the fear of “losing out”. Basically, it will probably mean that we’ll have the pick of the litter at OT, OG, and DT because the decent LBs, WRs, and Safeties will be gone coupled with at least 3 (if not 4) QBs taken in the top 18.

You think the CB class is weak?

Archived