2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

His recurring back issues are due to chronic worry?

Worry and stress about having to handle both inside job and the outside pass rush. I have seen him many times getting out of his stance and giving the lb or DT a quick shove before focusing on the edge guy. And in a few trying to fight off two at once if they were dumb enough to both go straight at him. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

No. Sprained knee

I think his first injury (that kept him out of the Falcons, Eagles, Chargers game) was the groin sprain, then later the knee.  Either way, his back didn't play any part in him missing games but it sure doesn't stop people from talking about it..

And on the record, I don't want this  "Leighton Vander Esch" kid, especially not in the first 50 picks.  I guess I just don't see what a few people are seeing in him.

What don't you like exactly? He is 6'4" 240 lbs. And expected to workout well. So it's not physical. His best attributes seem to be his motor, tackling, and tenacity. So it can't be mental. He led the team(who won their bowl game against the ducks) in interceptions, forced fumbles, and had more tackles than any Boise State player since 1988. He also won his Conferences DPoY. So it can't be production that you don't like....

I'm just trying to think what more you need to be a good LB prospect?

I'd understand if we were talking about some 6'1" 236 pound LB with a lot of heart and limited athleticism. But LVE looks like the total package. My biggest(only) concern is that all of his production has come during this year.

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Come to Dallas!

That's not actually good news. 

Considering his size his coverage should be a plus instead of a minus. B3cause if he gets dinged up which he undoubtably will. We will want to be able to stick him some on nickel duties and not have to worry about him being a liability. Naturally you don't have to worry about this as much with bigger guys. But with safety size Lbs then yea you do. 

Archived