Biggs: Robert Quinn - Nerve Issue in Foot?

G08

So what’s the deal? One source said in early September that the two-time Pro Bowl performer had a nerve issue affecting a foot. Another source said Quinn told teammates he was battling drop foot, which is defined as difficulty in raising the front part of the foot and can be caused by a nerve issue. Obviously something has prevented Quinn from performing anywhere close to the level the Bears expected when they outbid others to land him. The Bears have offered zero explanations, but two unconnected sources mentioned the possible nerve issue and something doesn’t add up when you watch Quinn down after down and week after week.

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Biggs was on the radio and said it was arguably the worst free agent signing he has seen since he started covering the team... hard to argue.

It is looking like it but a little context helps sometimes Windy.

Something is up with why the guy isn't performing to nearly the capability he was a year ago and I doubt it's simply because he mailed it in after getting paid. 

23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It is looking like it but a little context helps sometimes Windy.

Something is up with why the guy isn't performing to nearly the capability he was a year ago and I doubt it's simply because he mailed it in after getting paid. 

We can make excuses for every failed move. JAFXN pretty much does it as a side business.

The Bears are getting a horrendous return on investment from Quinn. When you sign older players and they get injured you do not get a pass for that. When you sign already injury prone players [McPhee] you do not get a pass for that.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We can make excuses for every failed move. JAFXN pretty much does it as a side business.

The Bears are getting a horrendous return on investment from Quinn. When you sign older players and they get injured you do not get a pass for that. When you sign already injury prone players [McPhee] you do not get a pass for that.

You know Windy both things can be true. I know that's scary. He can be dealing with something and it can also be a bad signing as of now. If what Biggs said is true it's not a black and white issue. People thought he was mailing it in. 

15 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

You know Windy both things can be true. I know that's scary. He can be dealing with something and it can also be a bad signing as of now. If what Biggs said is true it's not a black and white issue. People thought he was mailing it in. 

I think both are true.

I just love how when a guy doesn't live up to his contract we always hear about an injury that wasn't being disclosed. It is a lot of team CYA.

I think that Quinn is probably hurt. But if he is too hurt to play, shut him down, because what we are seeing right now is embarrassing and a waste of a roster spot. Also, stop signing 30+ players to big money deals and then being surprised when they physically breakdown.

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think both are true.

I just love how when a guy doesn't live up to his contract we always hear about an injury that wasn't being disclosed. It is a lot of team CYA.

I think that Quinn is probably hurt. But if he is too hurt to play, shut him down, because what we are seeing right now is embarrassing and a waste of a roster spot. Also, stop signing 30+ players to big money deals and then being surprised when they physically breakdown.

I was asking that yesterday in the Pace thread.  Is it his agent floating info out there to protect his clients image?  Is the team floating it out there to protect paces signing of him initially?  Or is it an actual injury limiting his ability?

If he really is injured and that’s the cause of him being so ineffective why is he still suiting up each week?  Let him rest up for next year.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:43 PM, CBears019 said:

If he really is injured and that’s the cause of him being so ineffective why is he still suiting up each week?  Let him rest up for next year.

It's most likely something that will heal, even if he keeps playing on it. And the Bears are still hoping to reach the playoffs. Also, who knows? Maybe he's seeing improvement in it, week to week. If that's the case, you pretty much have to play him, and hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

It's most likely something that will heal, even if he keeps playing on it. And the Bears are still hoping to reach the playoffs. Also, who knows? Maybe he's seeing improvement in it, week to week. If that's the case, you pretty much have to play him, and hope for the best. 

Even if it is slow healing maybe he will be at a better level next year. I'm not holding my breath on it but I hope so. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Even if it is slow healing maybe he will be at a better level next year. I'm not holding my breath on it but I hope so. 

No reason to think he won't get better, really. What's going on with him is obviously not scheme-related, although folks continue to argue otherwise. 🥴

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

No reason to think he won't get better, really. What's going on with him is obviously not scheme-related, although folks continue to argue otherwise. 🥴

I'm just hoping the benefits derived from the nerves healing aren't countered by age causing other declining abilities/durability. He's 30 so it isn't out of the question.

Seems like one of the following is true:

1.  The Bears examined him thoroughly, he checked out, and he suddenly developed this neurological condition over the course of a few months.
  2. The Bears did not thoroughly examine him.
  3. Both the Bears and Quinn want to throw out an excuse for his poor play. There would be mutual interest to leak a story like this to Biggs. It helps protect both Quinn's and Pace's reputations around the league.