Weak 15: Jalen Hurts our Draft position

EaglesPeteC

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Gotta love this forum: either a player is an all-pro stud or they are garbage and should be cut. Nobody is ever in the middle lol 

I guess this is aimed towards me and to that I say pshhhh. I’m one of the more level headed posters in here. And my posts on the matter are nothing that you described. I don’t think Barnett is trash. He’s ok. Not a 1st round producer for sure. He’s oft injured and going to be expensive. I just think we’re in a lose-lose proposition with his new contract. I didn’t say he needs to be cut of whatever off the handle reaction you had.  The problem with giving him any type of contract is that you’re allowing someone to be just ok at a premium position.  If you give him a 5 year deal you’re telling me you’re good with him at that position. Isn’t the point each year to improve your roster? People complain now about the OL and why we haven’t put draft resources into it but we’ve had just about 4 all pro quality guys there for 5, maybe more, years. That’s a position group the Eagles nailed. You didn’t have to go find better. But at DE if we don’t look for better talent it’s going to be bad in a year or two. DB will probably be expensive to keep for marginal production, BG will fall off a cliff any year now and Sweat, who I like, is great in a rotational role but unproven to start. Sweat is pound for pound a better player than DB. I’d just resign Sweat instead. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah you guys are pretty godawful at judging your own unless they are truly terrible. I like you all, but its pretty clear -

~75% of your roster you hate with the fire of thousand suns

~25% you of your roster you think walks on water and should be etched on mount Rushmore**.

** until they have enough bad games to move over to the hate side. 

I find this to be horse-ish. 

5 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I do think some of you are falling prey to the "they are pointing out their issues, so they hate everything about them". Yeah some of the posters here are reactionary as ****, but at the same time some people are just giving their current opinions of the current results. Which in a down year should be expected to be negative. Like what are you supposed to expect them to say when hargrave was a literal ghost until a few weeks ago. It wasn't that he was coming off an injury but showing a flash here and there while he was getting up to speed, he was a LITERAL nonfactor until recently. 

On Barnett, I don't think people are rightly saying "he isn't living up to his first round hype, cut him", I think people are more along the lines of "he isn't good enough to command the money he would want that we literally don't have next season". 

This.

I don’t know why it’s difficult to understand. 

Why would we just accept mediocrity at a premium price? 

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah you guys are pretty godawful at judging your own unless they are truly terrible. I like you all, but its pretty clear -

~75% of your roster you hate with the fire of thousand suns

~25% you of your roster you think walks on water and should be etched on mount Rushmore**.

** until they have enough bad games to move over to the hate side. 

This is where you lost me

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I guess this is aimed towards me and to that I say pshhhh. I’m one of the more level headed posters in here. And my posts on the matter are nothing that you described. I don’t think Barnett is trash. He’s ok. Not a 1st round producer for sure. He’s oft injured and going to be expensive. I just think we’re in a lose-lose proposition with his new contract. I didn’t say he needs to be cut of whatever off the handle reaction you had.  The problem with giving him any type of contract is that you’re allowing someone to be just ok at a premium position.  If you give him a 5 year deal you’re telling me you’re good with him at that position. Isn’t the point each year to improve your roster? People complain now about the OL and why we haven’t put draft resources into it but we’ve had just about 4 all pro quality guys there for 5, maybe more, years. That’s a position group the Eagles nailed. You didn’t have to go find better. But at DE if we don’t look for better talent it’s going to be bad in a year or two. DB will probably be expensive to keep for marginal production, BG will fall off a cliff any year now and Sweat, who I like, is great in a rotational role but unproven to start. Sweat is pound for pound a better player than DB. I’d just resign Sweat instead. 

We are basically saying the same thing here.....haha

On 12/15/2020 at 5:14 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

DB has been good this year but he is too friggin expensive and Sweat has been better. Makes more sense to try and trade him and draft some players over the next couple seasons to be Sweats running mate. BG and Sweat is a good pair over the next season or two 

On 12/15/2020 at 7:31 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Point being, Barnett has played well but Sweat can play more snaps and you can draft or sign someone cheap someone to rotate and save 10 mill. 

I think Barnett has taken up enough of this thread's life at this point........

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Mills is gonna shadow him? lol

Well at least Hop is kinda slower and works in the midrange. Actually a better matchup for Mills than most. That said we all know this will probably be a situation where Hop triples his averages for the season against us.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Well at least Hop is kinda slower and works in the midrange. Actually a better matchup for Mills than most. That said we all know this will probably be a situation where Hop triples his averages for the season against us.

I just think of him turning the wrong way in like a slow twirl during the steelers game earlier this year.

44 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I just think of him turning the wrong way in like a slow twirl during the steelers game earlier this year.

Yeahhhhh.... I’m sure he’ll be fooled into jumping those quick outs Hop always does and get burnt on the double down the sideline.