Jump to content

Weak 15: Jalen Hurts our Draft position


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I feel like the Eagles love Barnett. Wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to overpay him.

He’s a nice player and with BG’s advanced age it would be nice to have him but they gotta do some WORK to shed 60+ million to just have no cap space. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He’s a nice player and with BG’s advanced age it would be nice to have him but they gotta do some WORK to shed 60+ million to just have no cap space. 

Not sure what you’re seeing in DB. He’s been average at the very best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Not sure what you’re seeing in DB. He’s been average at the very best. 

Looking at him independent of where he was drafted, he’s a good player. Not every player needs to be a Superstar. He is a valuable member of a DE rotation. 
 

if all things were equal, I’d like him on the team but his 5th year option and the Eagles dreadful cap situation makes that pretty unlikely 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jalen vs the guy he succeeded at OU. Too bad we don't play Miami in week 16. I'm hoping Hurts can hit 250ish passing yards and 2 td's. Expect him to run for around 80. Kyler should  throw for about 420 on us and run for another 50. We have nobody that can hope to contain Hopkins without Slay, and this will probably be the 2nd good game Andy Isabella has this year or the first good game Larry Fitz has this year. One of the 2, possible both. Want to see Reagor, Goedert, and Sanders score. Those 3, plus Hurts, are likely our offensive core until we can afford free agents again in 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Jalen vs the guy he succeeded at OU. Too bad we don't play Miami in week 16. I'm hoping Hurts can hit 250ish passing yards and 2 td's. Expect him to run for around 80. Kyler should  throw for about 420 on us and run for another 69. We have nobody that can hope to contain Hopkins without Slay, and this will probably be the 2nd good game Andy Isabella has this year or the first good game Larry Fitz has this year. One of the 2, possible both. Want to see Reagor, Goedert, and Sanders score. Those 3, plus Hurts, are likely our offensive core until we can afford free agents again in 2022.

FTFY

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Looking at him independent of where he was drafted, he’s a good player. Not every player needs to be a Superstar. He is a valuable member of a DE rotation. 
 

if all things were equal, I’d like him on the team but his 5th year option and the Eagles dreadful cap situation makes that pretty unlikely 

He’s got that 1st round label though. Can’t ignore it. Maybe it’s happened more than I think but if you were to forgo the option and sign a player long term I think you’re saying to the player that we value you as a good starter in this league and are going to pay you a premium. I don’t think you can take that player and pay him at a discount because he’s not exactly a world beater but you still want to keep him. It’s either walk or give him a big contract. And in DB’s case, walk or give him a contract way over his value. I don’t want to pay a premium for an ok play. He’s 24, still very young. But I just don’t see it with him. He’ll make a play here and there. You certainly can do worse I suppose but unless he understands that’s he’s going to be apart of a rotation and not get starters snaps or money then I’m fine keeping him. But you have to be able to recruit over him if need be. A big expensive contract doesn’t allow for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Looking at him independent of where he was drafted, he’s a good player. Not every player needs to be a Superstar. He is a valuable member of a DE rotation. 
 

if all things were equal, I’d like him on the team but his 5th year option and the Eagles dreadful cap situation makes that pretty unlikely 

This has to be the FO motto.

Not every player has to be, but when was the last time we had one, let alone drafted one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s got that 1st round label though. Can’t ignore it. Maybe it’s happened more than I think but if you were to forgo the option and sign a player long term I think you’re saying to the player that we value you as a good starter in this league and are going to pay you a premium. I don’t think you can take that player and pay him at a discount because he’s not exactly a world beater but you still want to keep him. It’s either walk or give him a big contract. And in DB’s case, walk or give him a contract way over his value. I don’t want to pay a premium for an ok play. He’s 24, still very young. But I just don’t see it with him. He’ll make a play here and there. You certainly can do worse I suppose but unless he understands that’s he’s going to be apart of a rotation and not get starters snaps or money then I’m fine keeping him. But you have to be able to recruit over him if need be. A big expensive contract doesn’t allow for it. 

Barnett would be a really good 3rd DE problem is he's getting paid like a first DE.

Edited by ninjapirate
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Barnett would be a really good 3rd DE problem is he's getting paid like a first DE.

Exactly. What is he going to do take a 2M a year contract? It’s a big deal or walk. 
 

Same sorta situation with Agholor. If he played well on that option year making 9M, he’s not signing for much less than that. But he played bad and got like 500k instead. But he’s a 3rd WR at best. He should be around 4-5M maybe. Nelson is a decent WR if he’s concentrating well. So, he’ll parlay this year into the contract that fits him. However, DB isn’t going to take a pay cut to stay here. He’s going to make 9.5M. He’s not worth that. Even for one year. Should just trade him. My guess is the Eagles keep him and he has a DB year and gets resigned to a dumb contract because the Eagles have no other options. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Exactly. What is he going to do take a 2M a year contract? It’s a big deal or walk. 
 

Same sorta situation with Agholor. If he played well on that option year making 9M, he’s not signing for much less than that. But he played bad and got like 500k instead. But he’s a 3rd WR at best. He should be around 4-5M maybe. Nelson is a decent WR if he’s concentrating well. So, he’ll parlay this year into the contract that fits him. However, DB isn’t going to take a pay cut to stay here. He’s going to make 9.5M. He’s not worth that. Even for one year. Should just trade him. My guess is the Eagles keep him and he has a DB year and gets resigned to a dumb contract because the Eagles have no other options. 

i actually think he is tradeable for like a 5th round pick and that would help the eagles cap wise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

This has to be the FO motto.

Not every player has to be, but when was the last time we had one, let alone drafted one?

Barnett can be a disappointing 14th pick and a good and valuable player. These two things can be true at once 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Barnett can be a disappointing 14th pick and a good and valuable player. These two things can be true at once 

I don´t disagree. But valuable players is what we get at best with this team´s draft.

As for Barnett his 5th year option might price him out of his production.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...