Will Arch Manning become most hyped prospect ever?

dll2000

I watched Arch Manning play a HS game other day on youtube.   It's just HS, but he looks legit good.  

I think its likely for obvious reasons he will become most hyped QB ever when it is his time to be eligible for NFL draft.

Right now its Elway, Luck and Lawrence in kind of a 3 way tie for expectations in my living memory.

Manning has size, ability and bloodline + name recognition to make him a crazy get for college and pro team.

He is going to be so hyped that people will start rooting for him to fail like they did for Tebow.   Human nature is weird.

Maybe. 

A lot of kids of "the greats" play with little fanfare. Jerry Rice's kid plays at Colorado, for example. 

Some go on to be drafted mid- Draft.

Some get massive publicity from name recognition, like Clay Matthews.

Some wind up like Brett Rypien and their lineage becomes a footnote. 

Some Nick and Nate Montana and sporadically play but never make a career out of football. 

Others, like Dylan Favre, buy into their own hype and flame out into selling used cars and hocking insurance. 

That said, Arch will only be "the most hyped prospect ever" by people enamored with his name and that allow hype trains to blind them. He's talented for a high school QB. In 4 years he could be on the road to 1st round pick or he could be washed up, back in New Orleans, probably as a manager-in-training at a Bobby Hebert's. 

He'll have to be All-American level, in college, for that to happen, but if he is, than he'll be in that tier.   He is probably going to be a much more hyped college prospect than  Lawrence was, and definitely more than Luck (I'm not old enough for high school Elway).   He's going to be covered ad nauseum,  if he's a solid to elite college QB.  He looks really good, right now. 

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As someone who witnessed the hype for both Luck and Lawrence, I don't think it's even fair to compare those two. Luck was hyped to a level I've never seen before.

And he lived up to as much of it as his broken body could.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As someone who witnessed the hype for both Luck and Lawrence, I don't think it's even fair to compare those two. Luck was hyped to a level I've never seen before.

Really? People were saying Lawrence could have played in the NFL as a 19 year old right after the beating gave Alabama. 

It will be super fun to watch him progress and with the coaching I am sure he gets from his two Uncles he will be very well schooled no doubt about it.  Awesome family and no reason why he should not be great as well.  Then again both of his Uncles won multiple Super Bowls so not sure that will happen, that is a crazy high bar to set.  Will be really interesting though because he is only a SOPH currently and should get better and bigger with time.  

The name is everything though and who he is related to, that is why so many are talking about him.  That along with his high production at a young age but oddly enough that is not all that rare I do not believe if the kid can play.