Week 15 GDT - Cross Country to Miami

Deadpulse

Week 15 @Miami  

13 members have voted

1. 1. This is a near MUST WIN for Miami's playoff hopes. Is this the first spoiler we play?

• Yes, we sweep the phins
    • No, we split the season series and give Miami a clear playoff path
  2. 2. Tua has been GREAT the last few weeks. Does he fall to the BB rookie QB buzzsaw?

• Another strong day from Tua (At least 300 yards, 60%+ completion, at least 2 TDs)
    • Average outing (200-300 yards, 50-60%, at least 1 TD)
    • Poor outing (under 200 yards, no scores)
    • Straight awful (under 100 yards, no scores, one or more TOs)
  3. 3. Who has the best day?

• Damien Harris
    • N'Keal Harry
    • Jakobi Meyers
    • Damiere Byrd
    • James White
    • Sony Michel

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2020 at 06:00 PM

Ok This might shock everyone but Harry might fair better with a real QB. You might be able to use him over the (curls and hooks) middle. Maybe a QB that can throw will help him out. Someone  that can throw it to a spot to lead him away from the defender. 

I'm not talking star but serviceable.  Get a game breaker will also  help as well.

As pathetic as the offense has looked I really don't think they are THAT far from being above average and playoff worthy. 

Having a good offensive line helps A LOT .. and having Damien Harris solidifies the RB position as well. You've got a lot of decent WR.. but you lack a great one. Sign a #1 in free agency and you'll see everyone else on this team get dramatically better. 

If they signed a good WR in free agency, drafted a good TE like Kyle Pitts who everyone seems to believe BB will take.. and even got a decent QB like Jacoby Brissett you'd have a playoff caliber offense imo. Cam just can't throw the ball.. we see him have sooo many batted balls or balls thrown at receivers feet . This is not even counting the fact that teams half the time know what they are going to call before they do it given how basic the offense has had for him.  

• Like 1

There were at least a few high points

-Michel actually looked really good in this game. Quicker through the hole than we'd seen from him since his rookie year. I'd hang onto him for 2021. He and Harris can be a 2-headed beast taking pressure off whomever the QB will be.

-Meyers continues to impress. He's reminding me of a rich man's Jabar Gaffney. Should be the incumbent #2 receiver going into next season.

-Josh Uche continues to make the most of his limited snaps. He looks very instinctive and can definitely win one-on-one battles against blockers.

-JC Jackson is gonna get PAAAAIIIIIIIDDDDDD

This team has the holes that have been apparent the whole year. Need a revamp along the defensive front, at QB, and in the receiving corps. But unless Belichick completely craps the bed this coming offseason, the rebuild shouldn't take THAT long. 

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

There were at least a few high points

-Michel actually looked really good in this game. Quicker through the hole than we'd seen from him since his rookie year. I'd hang onto him for 2021. He and Harris can be a 2-headed beast taking pressure off whomever the QB will be.

-Meyers continues to impress. He's reminding me of a rich man's Jabar Gaffney. Should be the incumbent #2 receiver going into next season.

-Josh Uche continues to make the most of his limited snaps. He looks very instinctive and can definitely win one-on-one battles against blockers.

-JC Jackson is gonna get PAAAAIIIIIIIDDDDDD

This team has the holes that have been apparent the whole year. Need a revamp along the defensive front, at QB, and in the receiving corps. But unless Belichick completely craps the bed this coming offseason, the rebuild shouldn't take THAT long. 

1.Sony, I would ship him out and get what you can. He's not part of the future. He can't be a 1/2 punch he doesn't have different skill set, waste sitting him while Harris plays. Crazy to take Harris out. You need RB, power RB and catching RB.

2.  Defensive front. The defensive line is not that big of a problem, Need one fat guy,  IMO its the LBs, they are backup that have to start. Today's game Guy, Adams and Stewart did there job however the LB were the major problem. They stunk couldn't fill there gap to save there life. Also the Defensive coaches got out coached. Fins were running because we had in pass defense with only  one fat guy Butler out there. They did this every time.

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

1.Sony, I would ship him out and get what you can. He's not part of the future. He can't be a 1/2 punch he doesn't have different skill set, waste sitting him while Harris plays. Crazy to take Harris out. You need RB, power RB and catching RB.

I do not agree with this. You don't need to be a change of pace to the lead back to back him up. Having a guy with Sony's ability behind Harris is going to keep Harris healthier and fresher while not having to completely change the running scheme when he is in there. 

• Like 4

IF you could get something for Sony I would be all for it.. but anything short of a 2nd round pick, why bother? I would rather keep him around given how banged up RB's get in this league. Damien Harris has had one year where we expected him to take over for Sony .. and he had a hand injury to start the season and the ankle injury this week. If you get rid of Sony you would need to sign/draft his replacement anyway. 

James White is gone after this year ( I have a feeling to Miami to be closer with his mom would make sense) .. getting a 3rd down back will need to be a priority this offseason given Burkheads injury history. JJ Taylor caught the ball a bit in college, it will be interesting to see if the team grabbed him this past season anticipating White leaving. 

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I do not agree with this. You don't need to be a change of pace to the lead back to back him up. Having a guy with Sony's ability behind Harris is going to keep Harris healthier and fresher while not having to completely change the running scheme when he is in there. 

Ok  So are you signing him to his next contract. Next year a building year, you want the asset just to walk out when his contacts up. BB not going to sign him and Sony going to ask for to much,

Sony's ability behind Harris is going to keep Harris healthier.  Ya that works with teams that have 2 backs doing the bulk of the work such as Browns. However this doesn't work with the Patriots. You would not have enough carries for both Sony and Harris. What are going to do give Sony what 5 to 10 carries, Harris broke 20 carries once this season. The closest he had to 20 carries in the other games 16!!!

Run Sony to death next two weeks than trade him.

Edited by m haynes

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Ok  So are you signing him to his next contract. Next year a building year, you want the asset just to walk out when his contacts up. BB not going to sign him and Sony going to ask for to much,

Sony's ability behind Harris is going to keep Harris healthier.  Ya that works with teams that have 2 backs doing the bulk of the work such as Browns. However this doesn't work with the Patriots. You would not have enough carries for both Sony and Harris. What are going to do give Sony what 5 to 10 carries, Harris broke 20 carries once this season. The closest he had to 20 caries is 16!!!

Run Sony to death next two weeks than trade him.

This is a run first team for the foreseeable future. How can you dispute that? What makes you think they won't continue to focus on the run? Sony is under contract through 2022 and a UFA in 2023. You dont resign him, but now is not the time to trade him either unless you get, like @Crimmage said, a 2nd round pick. At best, we are gonna see a 4th round pick return. Keep him. 

I believe BB will need to decide if he wants to pick up his 5th year option this offseason.. i'm not sure how much it would be but it will more than likely be declined. We will have one more year of Sony then that will be it .. wouldn't be surprised if they even draft a RB/WR combo type player in the 4th to help supplement the position as well. 

Unless Sony shows major improvement next season he will end up being a pretty cheap 1 yr deal RB for the remainder of his career. If this were the NBA, I feel like a trade could happen.. but the NFL has so few trades as it is that I can't imagine who would really want to trade for him. Joe Judge to backup Barkley? but even then.. why not just grab a 3rd rounder in the draft? 

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is a run first team for the foreseeable future. How can you dispute that?

I don't, but we have had run teams in the past and BB always had a range of backs on the roaster. Your words running team. Team roster Burk, White, Sony and Harris and JJ in the wings. We always have a stable. What happen to Sony or Harris if Burky wasn't hurt.  You cut Sony in 2021 you save 2 mil on the cap. Bye Sony

https://overthecap.com/player/sony-michel/6916/

Edited by m haynes

8 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I believe BB will need to decide if he wants to pick up his 5th year option this offseason.. i'm not sure how much it would be but it will more than likely be declined. We will have one more year of Sony then that will be it .. wouldn't be surprised if they even draft a RB/WR combo type player in the 4th to help supplement the position as well. 

Unless Sony shows major improvement next season he will end up being a pretty cheap 1 yr deal RB for the remainder of his career. If this were the NBA, I feel like a trade could happen.. but the NFL has so few trades as it is that I can't imagine who would really want to trade for him. Joe Judge to backup Barkley? but even then.. why not just grab a 3rd rounder in the draft? 

I'll give it a shot. Just like you want a FA WR. coaches want a guy ready to take the load that knows what he's doing. Whoever draft a QB this year needs a proven NFL RB to help him out.

Sony 2 mil savings 2021

Edited by m haynes