Week 6: Packers (4-1) at VIKINGS (3-2)

swede700

Game 6

NFL_Packers-1.gifat NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif

When: 12:00 PM CDT October 15th

Where: US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Thom Brennaman, Troy Aikman

Coverage Map Link:  http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=6

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: S Andrew Sendejo (groin), Doubtful: None, Out: QB Sam Bradford (knee), WR Stefon Diggs (groin), OG Nick Easton (calf)

Packers - Questionable: RB Ty Montgomery (ribs), T David Bakhtiari (hamstring), T Bryan Bulaga (ankle), CB Davon House (quad), Doubtful: LB Ahmad Brooks (back), CB Kevin King (concussion), Out: S Morgan Burnett (hamstring), LB Joe Thomas (ankle)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

thielenn.0.gif

This will be a very very tough game to win.

Keenum is going to have the game of his career for the Vikings to win, or the defense is going to have to shut down the Packer's offense. Now, I tend to think that the defense can slow it down pretty well, it will depend on if the Vikings can score enough to win the game. With Keenum in there last night the answer seemed to be probably not but maybe, and Bradford it was a big solid nope.

Keenum needs to start. He seems much more effective than Bradford at this point.

Vikes DL must dominate their depleted OL if MN is to have any chance in this game.

my gut tells me this one will be ugly but it feels like a must win since we've already lost to one divisional opponent at home.

Tell Keenum he's playing Tampa Bay and not Green Bay all week and watch him light em up! Haha

GB is better than Chicago but we're playing at home. Should be interesting.

Trae Waynes needs to play better. Rodgers typically stays away from Rhodes so much of their passing attack will focus on one side of the field, or to their Tight Ends. 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Keenum needs to start. He seems much more effective than Bradford at this point.

Vikes DL must dominate their depleted OL if MN is to have any chance in this game.

my gut tells me this one will be ugly but it feels like a must win since we've already lost to one divisional opponent at home.

Not really true in its current form. We really only have one person not playing there natural position at this point in the season and there is a pretty good chance that we will have everyone back on the O line this week.. 

4 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Has Rhodes been shadowing receivers or sitting on one side of the field?  I thought I heard the announcers implying he's been following other team's top receiver...and still shutting them down.

He's shadowing WR's, maybe not against the Bears because of their WR's.

It'll be Jordy. Rhodes and Smith cut the field in half. They sit back and watch Waynes and Sendejo get torched.

On a different note: it'd be wise to spread Green Bay out and attack their #3 and #4 CBs. Michael Floyd, Jarius Wright and Laquon Treadwell might literally have their hands full.

Elflein needs to play better. He's getting there, but Mike Daniels can destroy an interior offensive line.

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It'll be Jordy. Rhodes and Smith cut the field in half. They sit back and watch Waynes and Sendejo get torched.

I'm not sure why you continue to blast Waynes and Sendejo.  They both have their faults and make mistakes, but I believe are better than you give them credit for.  It's not like the days of Asher Allen and Tyrell Johnson in the secondary.   I think, arguably, the 4 of them constitute one of the top 5 secondaries in the entire NFL.  

Maybe we're just spoiled then by having 2 unquestionably great defensive backs on our team and I've just set the same standards for the other 2. I realize other teams have it a lot worse.

Trae Waynes can be up and down. There are times that he's seriously impressive and other times you wonder why he's even on the field.

I'm not a fan of Sendejo. He's improved since first starting but still very replaceable.

Anyways, both of them will be heavily tested on Sunday. Same with Alexander facing Cobb.

Archived