Week 6: Packers (4-1) at VIKINGS (3-2)

swede700

On 10/10/2017 at 10:40 AM, Spartacus said:

Not really true in its current form. We really only have one person not playing there natural position at this point in the season and there is a pretty good chance that we will have everyone back on the O line this week.. 

Just because a player is playing in their natural position doesn't mean they're good. Justin McCray is a practice squad player starting at LG. This showed in the Dallas game when Linsley blew a few assignments on the right side because he was trying to help out McCray as much as he could. LG Lane Taylor playing LT had a solid game against Chicago but played pretty bad against and average pass rush in Dallas. Griffen is easily a top 10 pass rusher and will own Taylor most game. Rodgers had the quickest release time last week of all the QBs. That is not Packers or Rodgers play style. They were forced to play that way because of the oline. Packers were able to run on Dallas terrible defense to help slow that pass rush but Packers aren't going to have that success against this Vikings Defense. If Bakhtiari misses the game(likely), then the Packers offense will struggle.

1 hour ago, Kenrik said:

Just because a player is playing in their natural position doesn't mean they're good. Justin McCray is a practice squad player starting at LG. This showed in the Dallas game when Linsley blew a few assignments on the right side because he was trying to help out McCray as much as he could. LG Lane Taylor playing LT had a solid game against Chicago but played pretty bad against and average pass rush in Dallas. Griffen is easily a top 10 pass rusher and will own Taylor most game. Rodgers had the quickest release time last week of all the QBs. That is not Packers or Rodgers play style. They were forced to play that way because of the oline. Packers were able to run on Dallas terrible defense to help slow that pass rush but Packers aren't going to have that success against this Vikings Defense. If Bakhtiari misses the game(likely), then the Packers offense will struggle.

Linsley had a poor game in Dallas but normally he holds his own.  Our regular starting LT was a second team All-Pro last year so Griffen might have a tougher time against Bakhtiari if he can play and Taylor can go back to LG.

1 hour ago, Kenrik said:

Generally true but we gave very little help to him last week as well. This week I expect if Taylor plays that there will be a lot more help. McCray was not the issue last week. It got ugly on one drive where Linsley and Evans had a miscommunication but that had nothing to do with McCray. If Bak can't go the gameplan for both offenses I expect to be pretty similar. Run the football and lots of short passes. The difference being the Packers have Aaron Rodgers while the Vikings have the better secondary. Its going to be interesting to see which one plays better.

2 hours ago, disaacs said:

Diggs, Easton, Bradford, and Sendejo did not practice today...if it continues to tomorrow, we could see Treadwell, Sirles, Keenum (that's a certainty) and Kearse starting on Sunday.  

Would Treadwell start over Floyd. I hope Diggs can go.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:53 AM, swiss_vike said:

It's going to be the best Offense we faced until now this year.

And the best DL.

By far not the best Offense. Best QB yes, by a long shot. Outside of that we are still playing against a beat up offensive line, a RB/WR thing that has broken ribs, Cobb who isn't as special as he once was, and even Jordy sat on the sideline at the end of the game last week for some reason which I thought was odd, Rodgers is great, but very beatable, which we have proven and held him to under 21 previously.

The DL is not the best we have seen. Daniels is good when healthy, Clark is decent, but outside of that it's not like they are outstanding. Steelers and Lions still get the nod of better DL from me. Even the Bears defensive line is right there if they would be healthy.

Very win-able game for us this weekend. We have to find a way to pick on this defensive backfield. Key still is to win the time of possession and establish some sort of a running game with McKinnon and Murray. One thing Rodgers is really good at is wearing out Linebackers and Defensive Lines the way he can move around. We won't win this game without our offense controlling the clock.

Of course it's the best offense because of Rodgers. Who judges an offense without its most important element? Duh.

DL is arguable. But I've watched Packers defense in 3 games this year. Maybe I should have said front 7, but at the LOS, they are better than anything we have faced this year. Great get off, good gab recognition, good push-back. Keenum won't have more than 2-2.5s per drop-back. And running on them inside will be tough.

We can win this game, but only with a very good game plan and excellent execution. Can't affort too many errors and penalties.

Stefon Diggs, who leads the Vikings with 395 yards receiving and fell out of the NFL lead after a groin injury limited him to one catch for 4 yards on Monday, has also missed the last two practices. Diggs said he has been spending “a lot more” time in the training room this week trying to return to health. He missed three games last year, one with a groin injury and two with a knee injury.

Diggs: “It’s a short week, so every team has its little short-week problems. It’s a quick turnaround, so you usually get an extra day off but you don’t. You kind of have to approach it a little more aggressively on how you take care of your body with a limited amount of time.”

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Stefon-Diggs-Sam-Bradford-among-4-starters-still-not-practicing--108805877

3 hours ago, swiss_vike said:

Of course it's the best offense because of Rodgers. Who judges an offense without its most important element? Duh.

DL is arguable. But I've watched Packers defense in 3 games this year. Maybe I should have said front 7, but at the LOS, they are better than anything we have faced this year. Great get off, good gab recognition, good push-back. Keenum won't have more than 2-2.5s per drop-back. And running on them inside will be tough.

We can win this game, but only with a very good game plan and excellent execution. Can't affort too many errors and penalties.

Excellent run down of the Packers defense. It really has been an enigma this year. They are extremely good on the front 7 both in the run and pass game. Dallas is a really tough nut to crack and I thought the front 7 outplayed them for 3 quarters of the game  (Gassed). We had Dak sacked on a couple huge plays just for him to barely slip out. I don't expect that same pocket awareness from Keenum. The biggest issue is the Packers secondary is just not very good and really hides just how good our front 7 has been. HaHa and our corners have had a down year so far however they have improved with Kevin King playing (He most likely will be out against the Vikings). Perry, Matthews, Brooks, Daniels, and Clark all provide a plus in both the run and the pass. They are running a lot of 3 safety sets that allow for Morgan Burnett and Blake Martinez to fly to the football and it is also a much better scheme for covering TE in the middle of the field. Blake Martinez is having a really really underrated season. This is NOT the same defenses of the last few years. 

10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

This is NOT the same defenses of the last few years. 

i'll grant you that, but still your D is giving up points. teams are beating their offensive point scoring averages against the Packers.

you're winning games not because of your D, but because of Rodgers' abilities.

Archived