Who do you WANT and NOT want to meet in the playoffs?

Tk3

26 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Honestly I'm not afraid of any team in the NFC. Rams match up really well against anyone in the NFC outside the 9ers. 

But I am afraid of a player. Playing the Bucs is worse case for the Rams. Because of a Brady.

I think Saints and Bucs would be the toughest match ups, but I generally agree.

Weirdly when it comes to the Super Bowl, I'd rather play the Chiefs than the Steelers - their pass rush and defense is the kind that would dominate our offense, whereas I think we would score all over the Chiefs. Tougher challenge for the defense obviously but I'd feel more confident.

I'd love to play the Cardinals in the playoffs, and if we could get the game in LA I'd feel pretty stress free about playing the Packers. I'd LOVE to get the Ravens in the Super Bowl if possible for last year

Here's the funny thing about the Bucs:

1.  They are awful in the 1Q since October started.    Something like 3-and-outs for the entire quarter for 1/3 of their games.   And I think maybe they led once.    A big part of that is Brady learning the Arians O.

2.  Their D matches up terribly with NO's O (at least with a traditional pocket passer at the helm) - their pass rush can't generate pressure on the outside vs. the excellent OL, and playing zone is a matchup in heaven for Brees.    Losing Vea really changed that D, because before then they had inside and outside pressure, and you couldn't run anytime against them.   They're still a top 5 run D - but as Cook showed, they can be beat there.  Their secondary is still young, and learning.  They really need a shutdown corner, Davis as the 2 and Dean as the 3, that would be a helluva secondary, but as it is, they're that 1 piece short.

Having said all the above - they're the team that can beat any other team.  I don't see them beating the Saints with Brees back, however.   They're also uneven enough to get bounced in week 1, but they pose matchup problems with everyone..but NO.

On the AFC side, IND & CLE are the 2 teams that you don't want to face as a favorite - because if their D can hold your O, then that run game can really lean on the opponent's D.   CLE isn't quite as good as IND on D given their CB's lack of depth, and the LB's are not good.  But their front 4 is fearsome, whereas IND relies on Buckner up front, and some Houston, and a lot of great play from Leonard & a ball hawking zone based secondary.

The CW says it's KC & NO facing each other - but honestly, either team getting upset (KC by IND/CLE/BUF, not by PIT IMO - NO by any team but TAM), it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I dont want to see the Rams. 

too many playmakers on defense, and their offense is good enough

I actually dont want the Smith led WFT either.

Washington is underrated IMO. That D-line is a problem. 

As a Ravens fan I will be happy with whoever we play because it means we made playoffs when it looked hairy for a bit

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

Dont - Rams.  They're the typical team to knock the Packers out of the playoffs. Good defense with a really good d-line, plus the secondary to play tight coverage.  Offense is also plenty good enough to put points up on the Packers.  And the NFC West is just always that team....

Do - Chiefs.  Only because it means super bowl appearance. 

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

Dont - Rams.  They're the typical team to knock the Packers out of the playoffs. Good defense with a really good d-line, plus the secondary to play tight coverage.  Offense is also plenty good enough to put points up on the Packers.  And the NFC West is just always that team....

If the Cardinals have to face the Rams in the playoffs I can't really see them winning. I would love for us to face the Seahawks or Bucs though. (At some point)

• Like 1

i would rather not run in to the bills

i think the steelers can top KC, and i am probably in the minority there, but i just don't think we could get past buffalo - especially in a snow game, if they were to have the higher seed than us given they have the tiebreaker after last week

On 12/16/2020 at 12:36 PM, KFP7 said:

The Bucs would be another NFC opponent I have no desire to see in the postseason.

Colts

In the AFC, I'd like to face the Titans or Browns. We'd shut down the run and feast on their leaky defenses. I'd want to avoid Chiefs (obviously). Even though we beat them in the regular season last year, I don't like our chances of doing it again. The Steelers also doesn't seem like a good matchup. The Steelers ALWAYS beat us in big spots. 

NFC - Packers since we already beat them. Avoid the Bucs; we're not running on them and Brady vs Rivers sounds destined to go badly for us.