• New Orelans Saints
    • Miami
    • Tennessee Titans
    • LV Raiders
    • Themselves only
    • Nothing will stop them
    • Another team (specify)

The more i think about it.

I could see Raiders, Steelers, Bills, Colts and Titans.

I dont think Mia, Cleveland or Baltimore can.

Raiders - Division rival, proved they can.

Colts - elite defense, good running game and veteran qb who has been playing well. Who is familiar with KC. Hasn't bode well against them recently.. but that might be more a Chargers issue.

Titans - had them beat last year. I can't think of a better QB/RB tantum in the AFC.

Steelers - most equipped team to get constant pressure with 4 and a deep passing game that might be able to take advantage of KC's secondary.

Bills - prolly most rounded team in AFC outside of KC. Though their first game vs KC gives me pause. They were out gained by twice the yards.

I'm on the fence on Browns because they have 2 headed monster. I just think Baker would struggle alot vs that defense.

In NFC prolly just GB and LAR. 

KC is the favorite though and can have 4 turnovers and still be up 20 points on a 8 win team. 

3 hours ago, DannyB said:

I think there's an important distinction between what's listed in the poll (nothing WILL stop them) and saying they CAN'T be a stopped.

I think they've got some minor flaws that theoretically some teams could take advantage of. But if I really had to put my money on one specific team to do it? Nah, I don't think so.

That’s fair. I don’t view them in the same light I did the 18-1 Patriots or even Seattle in 2013. But yeah, if I was a betting man, it would be the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is the issue though...they haven't faced Mahomes...

I think Rams are one of the top candidates, but I do think Mahomes lights them up a few times. McVay would also cook them up something though. This is why I want this to be the SB

One thing I will say is that it will feel so good to be on the opposite side of the narrative. The Rams have been on the wrong side of the narrative where the unstoppable offense gets shutdown by the great defense. If the Chiefs v Rams happen it will be the Chiefs unstoppable offense, can the Rams great defense shut them down? And there will be most people saying like usual that the unstoppable offense will prevail but there will be others that again on the biggest stage the great defense will prevail over the unstoppable offense. 

If the Rams got out of the NFC, I'd rather play the Chiefs than the Steelers.

Goff is a concern, and we saw the damage he can do against Miami. Rams should have blown them out, instead Goff turned it into a win for Miami. This is what I think would happen against the Steelers.

But the Chiefs won't bother Goff. Their defense is mediocre, and their run defense is bad - the Rams would be able to score all day.

The Rams defense would be the best to face the Chiefs offense. The Chiefs OL is average with the players out this year, and they struggle to run the ball consistently. We would be able to apply pressure and have the best secondary in the NFL - the Chiefs would score, obviously, but I think we could contain their offense. I'd actually expect to win honestly if we played them.

It's all about Goff - if we play a team that lets him look like a top 10 QB, were not going to lose. We spotted the Bills a 25 point lead and ended up in great position to win that game, just couldn't get it done - that's the only game we've lost this year with good Goff.

Packers, then Rams.

KC's D isn't spectacular. A tuned-in Green Bay offense would have a field day. 

LA can move the ball, and that D is beginning to look nasty again. I had a dream the other night that Kenny Young Minshew'd Mahomes. 

Outside of those two, I don't see a real threat to them that can get it done on both sides of the balls. Maybe the Steelers? Bills? Bucs? We'll get an answer on the Saints this weekend. 

KC isn't immortal, they've won close games, and they've done so against far inferior competition. So at that, I suppose every team in the playoffs is the biggest threat to KC in a win-or-go-home situation. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Goff is a concern, and we saw the damage he can do against Miami. Rams should have blown them out, instead Goff turned it into a win for Miami. This is what I think would happen against the Steelers.

But the Chiefs won't bother Goff. Their defense is mediocre, and their run defense is bad - the Rams would be able to score all day.

The Rams defense would be the best to face the Chiefs offense. The Chiefs OL is average with the players out this year, and they struggle to run the ball consistently. We would be able to apply pressure and have the best secondary in the NFL - the Chiefs would score, obviously, but I think we could contain their offense. I'd actually expect to win honestly if we played them.

It's all about Goff - if we play a team that lets him look like a top 10 QB, were not going to lose. We spotted the Bills a 25 point lead and ended up in great position to win that game, just couldn't get it done - that's the only game we've lost this year with good Goff.

Honestly this whole Goff cant be trusted narrative is blown way out of proportion. Yes he struggles against the Niners. The Niners have the Rams number in the same way Wilson struggles against the Rams the Rams are (9-4) since 2014 and under McVay (5-2). The Niners are a matchup problem for the Rams yet 2 of the last 3 times the Rams played the Niners it came down to the Niners last second FG so its not like the Rams are getting blown out by them every time. 

Then we look at outside of the two losses by the Niners the Rams only lost twice. Both times was traveling a long distance east coast to Buffalo and Miami. We can all say Buffalo is a top 5 team. The Rams shouldve won that game. When Goff left the field the Rams were up. The defense gave up a 3rd and long and then got called for a bad DPI that wouldve ended the game and the Rams complete the comeback. The Dolphins game Goff was bad but as we've seen the Dolphins defense has made many QBs look bad including Mahomes. Goff turned the ball over 4 times, Mahomes turned the ball over 3 times. Goff still threw for over 300yds. In the 4th quarter Goff at one point was 9/9 starting to get into a rhythm leading the team down the field but Everett then dropped a key 3rd down that wouldve been a 1st down had he caught it. The Rams had to settle for a FG and Sloman missed it. We dont know what wouldve happened had Everett caught that 3rd down. Maybe the Rams score to make it 28-24 with over 3 minutes to go. The Dolphins offense wasnt doing anything all game long. Maybe the Rams get the ball back quick with still 2 minutes to go and the Rams can go down and score another td to win. Who knows? Plus I still say that if McVay committed to the run instead of allowing Goff to throw it 61 times the Rams wouldve won. I dont care who the QB is, you throw the ball 61 times the team is going to lose especially on the road against a very good defense. 

To me Goff isnt the question mark imo. Its whether or not McVay will stick to running the ball with Akers and Henderson. Going into the playoffs Akers is one of the most important players in the entire playoffs. To me he is what James Starks was to the Packers in 2010 when they went (10-6) got a wildcard then got hot in the playoffs and won the Superbowl over the Steelers. The Packers was sitting at (8-6) and managed to win 6 straight games and James Starks was a big reason why they got hot. The next season it carried over because the Packers went (15-1). My point is that Niners loss was a blessing in disguised because Akers was the lone bright spot in that game one offense that almost helped the Rams win. Then the Cards game he was really good then the Pats game he was special. Moving forward I expect Akers to be a huge factor and if McVay can keep using him the Rams will be a scary team for anyone to deal with including the Chiefs. So Im putting this all on McVay to not have Goff drop back 45+ times when you have a stud back in Akers and then possibly another stud back at the very least a very talented back in Henderson. And this isnt a knock on Goff its for one the way this offense operates. Run the football and let everything play off of it ala Kyle Shannahan and even Mike Shannahan back in the day. Kyle and McVay learned from Mike. Then the greatness of the Rams defense it allows the offense to run and just have Goff make a couple of plays and the Rams will be fine because this will be playoff football. This isnt going to be a track meet where teams are going to be scoring 35+ points a game. Run the ball, play great defense, and the QB make a few key throws and that team should be the Superbowl champs when its all said and done. 

Edited by stl4life07

It’s going to be a team that passes well out of their base offense.   I.e one that doesn’t allow us to play sub packages. 

Our base defense is good against the run,  our sub packages are good against the pass.    Teams that keep our starting front 7 on the field and pass,  tend to give us the most struggles. 

43 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Packers, then Rams.

KC's D isn't spectacular. A tuned-in Green Bay offense would have a field day. 

LA can move the ball, and that D is beginning to look nasty again. I had a dream the other night that Kenny Young Minshew'd Mahomes. 

Outside of those two, I don't see a real threat to them that can get it done on both sides of the balls. Maybe the Steelers? Bills? Bucs? We'll get an answer on the Saints this weekend. 

KC isn't immortal, they've won close games, and they've done so against far inferior competition. So at that, I suppose every team in the playoffs is the biggest threat to KC in a win-or-go-home situation. 

Its funny you mentioned Kenny Young. All I kept hearing was that the Rams dont really have linebackers. Kiser was playing well when he was healthy, Reeder came in one game and had 3 sacks as the starter filling in for Kiser and then we saw what Young did in the Pats game. Rams linebackers arent household names but they do make plays. The best part is they are getting paid peanuts compared to what we see from lets say Jaylen Smith of the Cowboys.

I also agree that KC can be beaten. Did anyone see them in the postseason actually this calendar year? They shouldve lost to the Texans. How many teams blow a 24-0 lead in the playoffs? Maybe if a great team is playing a crappy team but the Texans were supposed to be good. Then the Chiefs were down to the Titans by double digits. Then the Chiefs were down to the Niners by double digits in the 4th quarter. So the Chiefs arent invincible. They are never out of any game its obvious to see but they are playing with fire by continuing to get behind because I can see them getting down again by double digits in the playoffs but this time not being able to come back. Its not a one off thing its a trend. We know coaches always preach to start fast and finish strong. The Chiefs need to start fast more consistent because if not that will be their downfall this season and moving forward for them winning multiple championships. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

You're crazy, man. The Steelers have a great defense, but I'm still taking my chances with them. Our defense has the talent and the tactician to limit that Steelers offense. From there, the question is if our offense does enough to win. Against the Chiefs, you have Mahomes. He's an equalizer. Big Ben doesn't look like the same QB this year.

• Like 2

The Raiders are one of the best because we've literally been built to stop the pass and the Chiefs. Unfortunately, running teams have shredded us in recent weeks. 

Respectfully to Miami, even though they played a close game and forced a ton of turnovers, they just lack firepower. It's a bad matchup for them.

But the shortlist has to be teams that can score points:

Off the top of my head teams that COULD beat KC:

GB, Seattle, Indy, Buffalo, LV, Titans, Rams, Saints, Bucs, Cardinals, Browns (albeit with a healthy secondary), steelers .

That's 12 teams that could beat them. I don't really give anyone else a great chance to win. Baltimore got numerous stops and couldn't do anything. I think they are a good team but need more weapons. Bad matchup for them.

The teams that could give them the best run for their money are probably seattle, green bay, new orleans, rams, buffalo, and tennessee. If the Raiders sneak in, they could do it. Again if you lack the ability to score, you won't beat this team.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Its funny you mentioned Kenny Young. All I kept hearing was that the Rams dont really have linebackers. Kiser was playing well when he was healthy, Reeder came in one game and had 3 sacks as the starter filling in for Kiser and then we saw what Young did in the Pats game. Rams linebackers arent household names but they do make plays. The best part is they are getting paid peanuts compared to what we see from lets say Jaylen Smith of the Cowboys.

I also agree that KC can be beaten. Did anyone see them in the postseason actually this calendar year? They shouldve lost to the Texans. How many teams blow a 24-0 lead in the playoffs? Maybe if a great team is playing a crappy team but the Texans were supposed to be good. Then the Chiefs were down to the Titans by double digits. Then the Chiefs were down to the Niners by double digits in the 4th quarter. So the Chiefs arent invincible. They are never out of any game its obvious to see but they are playing with fire by continuing to get behind because I can see them getting down again by double digits in the playoffs but this time not being able to come back. Its not a one off thing its a trend. We know coaches always preach to start fast and finish strong. The Chiefs need to start fast more consistent because if not that will be their downfall this season and moving forward for them winning multiple championships. 

LA might currently lack household names, but certainly not talent at linebacker. 

If Staley got the chance to use Young against Mahomes the way he did last against Newton, it could get ugly. We did a similar thing with Arden Key to great success, without a pass rush. With the Rams D-line, it coule pose a huge problem for KC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

LA might currently lack household names, but certainly not talent at linebacker. 

If Staley got the chance to use Young against Mahomes the way he did last against Newton, it could get ugly. We did a similar thing with Arden Key to great success, without a pass rush. With the Rams D-line, it coule pose a huge problem for KC. 

I dont know really anything about Young other than the Ravens through him in the deal for Peters that many said was a bad deal for the Rams. I do know Key has talent from his time at LSU and I followed him. I think the Raiders matchup well with the Chiefs too. They shouldve swept them if it wasnt for them leaving too much time for Mahomes in that last meeting. You are right though the Rams have a pass rush and dont have to blitz Mahomes. The Raiders didnt blitz Mahomes and that through him off a bit. I will say that if Young and even the other linebackers play well against Mahomes if they meet in the Superbowl they will definitely become household names after that night. 

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont know really anything about Young other than the Ravens through him in the deal for Peters that many said was a bad deal for the Rams. I do know Key has talent from his time at LSU and I followed him. I think the Raiders matchup well with the Chiefs too. They shouldve swept them if it wasnt for them leaving too much time for Mahomes in that last meeting. You are right though the Rams have a pass rush and dont have to blitz Mahomes. The Raiders didnt blitz Mahomes and that through him off a bit. I will say that if Young and even the other linebackers play well against Mahomes if they meet in the Superbowl they will definitely become household names after that night. 

Young's got overachiever potential. Has some tape of hin blitzing to pretty solid success.  

I'd take him over Key in a heartbeat. Key hasn't developed, and one of my concerns about him (and others) was the amount of sitting out he did at LSU. I get the whole "preserve your body" bit from the player perspective, but I start to question a player's heart and love for the game. I felt like Key got lazy and complacent and stunted his own growth. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was cut loose tomorrow. 

Either way, Young is considerably faster than Key, so if he's used to shadow Mahomes, he isn't going to have as much time to run around in the backfield. The Dolphins showed what speed and solid coverage can do to them lol.

Idk if Young is even a weekly starter, admittedly, but he certainly jumped out to me last week so I'm making the educated guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Young's got overachiever potential. Has some tape of hin blitzing to pretty solid success.  

I'd take him over Key in a heartbeat. Key hasn't developed, and one of my concerns about him (and others) was the amount of sitting out he did at LSU. I get the whole "preserve your body" bit from the player perspective, but I start to question a player's heart and love for the game. I felt like Key got lazy and complacent and stunted his own growth. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was cut loose tomorrow. 

Either way, Young is considerably faster than Key, so if he's used to shadow Mahomes, he isn't going to have as much time to run around in the backfield. The Dolphins showed what speed and solid coverage can do to them lol.

Idk if Young is even a weekly starter, admittedly, but he certainly jumped out to me last week so I'm making the educated guess.

Thats the one thing about Key is his heart and love for the game. I saw him at LSU when he is on he can be a force. Some players just have it and some dont. Those who have that heart but doesnt have the full blown talent can like you said overachieve vs those who has the great talent but doesnt that heart. Im starting to question Fournette. No reason he shouldve been a healthy scratch on Sunday. He his talent he should easily be the best back on the Bucs. He should easily be a top 5 back in the NFL. But again maybe he doesnt have the heart or truly the love for football.

I think though with the Rams linebackers Kiser usually is the steady one when he is healthy and on the field. Outside of him its different players flashing weekly. One game its Reeder another game its Young. One thing for certain is the Rams linebackers give it everything they have within the scheme because they know they will have an easier job because of Donald up front and then the secondary locking things up. Just make sure the backs dont go off in the running game and go to the football and make tackles. The Rams had one bad tackling game and that was the first meeting against the Niners. Outside of that the Rams defense usually are flying to the ball and making tackles.