NBA Season Predictions Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Voter fatigue, I think your collapse in the playoffs will also sway it away from him as well. 

For MVP yeah definitely but no award gets less voter fatigue than DPOY. Giannis has only won it once and clearly deserved it. This is the award that gets won back to back damn near every season.

Bucks will be elite defensively, have a top-3 record, and Giannis will put up bananas block/steal/rebound numbers while rotating all over the court. With Jrue locking down the perimeter I think Bucks defense will be insane. 

MVP: Luka Doncic

MIP: Michael Porter Jr

Finals: Lakers over Bucks

East:

1. Bucks

2. Celtics

3. Heat

4. Nets

5. Raptors

6. Sixers (*unless they get Harden then I definitely think higher)

7. Pacers

8. Wizards

Bucks over Wizards in 5, Celtics over Pacers in 4, Heat over Sixers in 7, Nets over Raptors in 6

Bucks over Nets in 7, Celtics over Heat in 7

Bucks over Celtics in 5 (I said I'd never trust Bud's Bucks again but then they traded for Jrue, last chance dammit)

West:

1. Nuggets

2. Lakers

3. Clippers

4. Mavs

5. Blazers

6. Jazz

7. Suns

8. Rockets if no Harden trade, Pelicans if there is one

Nuggets over Rockets/Pels in 5, Lakers over Suns in 5, Clippers over Jazz in 6, Blazers over Mavs in 7

Nuggets over Blazers in 6, Lakers over Clippers in 6

Lakers over Nuggets in 6

Lakers over Bucks in 6, AD Finals MVP

A lot of Bucks finals predictions, I like it! 

If Steph stays healthy, he's going to put up monster numbers and the Warriors don't have much expectations right now so he can certainly win the MVP or be in the hunt should they even just make the playoffs, let alone be a top 5 seed.

• Like 1

MVP: Anthony Davis

MIP: Christian Wood

6th man: Lou Williams 

ROY: Issac Okoro

east:

1. Bucks
2. Heat
3. Celtics
4. Nets
5. raptors
6. Indiana

7. Orlando
8. Washington
9. Atlanta
10 Chicago 

washington and Atlanta advancing 

bucks over hawks
nets over raptors 
heat over wizards
celtics over pacers 

nets over bucks
celtics over heat

nets over Celtics 

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Nuggets
4. Jazz
5. blazers
6. Mavs

7. Suns
8. Rockets
9. Pelicans
10. Spurs 

Rockets and Pelicans advance 

lakers over pelicans
clippers over rockets
nuggets over mavs 
jazz over blazers 

lakers over jazz
clippers over nuggets

clippers over lakers

NBA Finals

Nets over Clippers. 

1st team all NBA

Doncic
Harden
Durant
Giannis
AD

2nd Team

Lillard
Beal
Leonard 
Tatum
jokic

3rd team

Irving
butler
lebron
Siakim
embiid 

Edited by Pastor Dillon

Getting straight to the point I want to see Nets v Lakers in the Finals because of all the storylines involved. I have Nets in 6 with KD winning Finals MVP.

Now the Bucks are going to keep being the team people ride or die with in the East but they have that "fool me once, fool me twice" feel. Yall can keep are like Charlie Brown who kept getting tricked by Lucy with the football. Giannis is great but come playoffs there is a reason the Bucks dont get to the Finals and Giannis struggles. Until my eyes see any differently Im not picking the Bucks, I dont care how many games they win in the regular season and I dont care how Giannis look in the regular season. The Celtics I like but they dont have a true superstar. Tatum is developing into one but I want to see him go wire to wire in the playoffs and play like a superstar. The Raptors dont have a superstar, the Heat has a superstar in Butler so its going to be interesting to see how they can build off last years season. The Sixers are alot of people favorites and I can see them in the ECF against the Nets. The thing that will hold them back is once again Embiid inability to stay healthy and Simmons inability to shoot the ball or just flat out not wanting to shoot the ball. 

Over in the West the Clippers have to show me after the type of season they had last season plus they lost some key pieces. Maybe they come out motivated and if so I could see them in the Finals instead of the Lakers. I hope people arent sleeping on the Nuggets. Just like the Heat I want to see if they can build off of last season. We saw the Trailblazers two seasons ago get to the WCF only to barely make it into the playoffs the next season. It wouldnt shock me if the Nuggets made the Finals so Ill keep my eye out for them. Outside of the Lakers, Clippers, and Nuggets the rest of the West will be interesting to fight for 4-8 seeds but thats about it. I dont think none of the teams will beat the Lakers, Clippers, and Nuggets. If I had to pick one though that I wouldnt be surprised if they did it would be the Pels. If Zion really does get the full go with no minutes restriction and stays healthy. If Ingram can continue to play like he did last season where he really broke out. Obviously Lonzo has to play like he was playing right before covid hit and the season was put on pause. He has to stay healthy too. I really like the Adams acquisition. The Pels can really make some noise in the West. I think they have a ton of upside. 

I think Luka will win MVP just because he will be a one man show especially if there is no KP due to him seemingly always hurt. LaMelo Ball will win ROY. He is already showing flashes in the preseason and he will also be a one game show in Charlotte. COY will be Nash. The Nets will either have the best record in the East or the 2nd best record in the East. Their offense is going to be unstoppable and whether you will give the credit to Nash or D'Antoni either way Nash is the head coach so he will get the award. DPOY Ill say Giannis. If not Giannis Ill keep my eye on AD because I dont recall him ever winning that award. With the Lakers its going to come down to how many games and/or minutes will AD and LeBron play throughout the season considering they just won a championship and had a brief offseason in what will be a condensed season. 

On 12/18/2020 at 8:23 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Steph stays healthy, he's going to put up monster numbers and the Warriors don't have much expectations right now so he can certainly win the MVP or be in the hunt should they even just make the playoffs, let alone be a top 5 seed.

A lot of people are sleeping on the Warriors. Curry is still a top 5 player, I expect Wiggins to take a leap this year, and Wiseman adds a different dynamic to your team. The only two question marks are if you guys have enough shooting outside of Curry and enough depth. 

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A lot of people are sleeping on the Warriors. Curry is still a top 5 player, I expect Wiggins to take a leap this year, and Wiseman adds a different dynamic to your team. The only two question marks are if you guys have enough shooting outside of Curry and enough depth. 

The main question is health. Can Curry hold up for 72 games with a serious lack of help? I tend to doubt it.

26 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The main question is health. Can Curry hold up for 72 games with a serious lack of help? I tend to doubt it.

I wouldn't say he has a serious lack of help though. Oubre/Wiggins both averaged 19 ppg last season and Wiseman will probably be a 12-14 ppg scorer this year too. 

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't say he has a serious lack of help though. Oubre/Wiggins both averaged 19 ppg last season and Wiseman will probably be a 12-14 ppg scorer this year too. 

There’s a lack of shooting and play making on the team. The team is going to have to win a lot of 100s types of games where they play strong defense and Steph brings them home. They have solid potential defensively though with Looney back and Draymond in what looks to be in phenomenal shape. That's why I like Steph in the MVP race. Dude is going to put up monster stats and have plenty or signature moments down the stretch throughout the season.