Week 15 GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

No need to break down this awful match up, let's just get to the offseason with the least amount of injuries. Damn near entire team is already on IR, and Deebo will be added to the list and who knows if Warner plays this week. Hope the rooks ball out but yeah, I'll end it there.

Dallas 20 SF 17 

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Dallas Def will outscore Nick Mullens.

27-21

I think Beathard gets the start. Even though he is even worse, you just cannot go with Mullens after he single handily gave up 14 points and was so inept. The man has like 13 or 14 turnovers in 8 starts, it's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I don't think we smash Dallas, but they're a winnable game. I just think our defense is going to have some issues with  in the passing game. Though I have no doubts Zeke  will get locked up. 

Of course it is a winnable game because the Cowboys suck, but we don't often times when these types of games without Jimmy. Seriously, go back to 2017, 2018 and even this year. Look at all the tight games with guys like CJB or Mullens and see how many we have lost. They just find ways to lose close games. Expect CJB to do the exact same thing on Sunday.

As for them killing us in the passing game? It is possible, but I doubt it. Their OL isn't as good as the Bills and Dalton isn't nearly the athlete Allen is. It's going to be a relatively low scoring game which is kind of embarrassing and speaks volumes to the state of our offense right now. 

Well, we did lose to the Eagles, so there is a pretty decent possibility we crap the bead on this one too. Personally I hope we just lose out so we can get our franchise QB without having to give up a bunch of draft capital to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Well, we did lose to the Eagles, so there is a pretty decent possibility we crap the bead on this one too. Personally I hope we just lose out so we can get our franchise QB without having to give up a bunch of draft capital to do so. 

The one thing I will say to this, even though I did perpetually remind people of that loss in the around the NFL thread, is that the Eagles actually still have a very capable defense. I'ts pretty good. It's gotten run over a bit because of the inefficiencies of the offense, but it's still good enough to do damage, and the one thing with a guy like Mullens is that if the defense isn't very good, he's fine. If the defense is even remotely competent with a good pass rush, I think he's horrific. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

The one thing I will say to this, even though I did perpetually remind people of that loss in the around the NFL thread, is that the Eagles actually still have a very capable defense. I'ts pretty good. It's gotten run over a bit because of the inefficiencies of the offense, but it's still good enough to do damage, and the one thing with a guy like Mullens is that if the defense isn't very good, he's fine. If the defense is even remotely competent with a good pass rush, I think he's horrific. 

Mullens will be able to move the ball well but he's going to make costly turnovers or mistakes at the opponent's territory. Him getting a false start on a QB sneak and then throwing a pick a few plays later describes him perfectly. 

But it will be a moot point since CJB will start and we know he just doesn't win period. 

5-11 and we will have a top 5 pick. 2018 all over again lol. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mullens will be able to move the ball well but he's going to make costly turnovers or mistakes at the opponent's territory. Him getting a false start on a QB sneak and then throwing a pick a few plays later describes him perfectly. 

But it will be a moot point since CJB will start and we know he just doesn't win period. 

5-11 and we will have a top 5 pick. 2018 all over again lol. 

I had family who asked me why isn't CJB starting after his Eagles appearance but I told him well he isn't any better and Philly at that point was playing prevent def....

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is exactly right, and its why so many people are so confused about how good or bad our team is. The defense is the same way.

Offense:

Deadly pass rush, we look incompetent 

Bad pass rush and/or bad run defense, we look phenomenal 

Defense:

Mobile QB, we look like a bottom 10 defense

Non Mobile QB, we look like a top 10 defense 

This week we play a team with a bottom 5 defense, hardly any pass rush, and mediocre corners. Not to mention its MIKE NOLAN as their DC

This same team also happens to have a non-mobile qb. Dalton is good. cooper gallup ceedee are good. zeke is ok. their OL is bad. 

So overall I think we matchup very well with the cowboys and I think we will do enough to win. Which I am sure will make @Matts4313 happy!