Week 15 GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

If shanny thinks Jimmy is the long term qb, I’m starting to think trade out of the first round pick to two late first round picks if someone has that (I admittedly haven’t looked) and just get two O-lineman. This offense, when healthy, could really be special with an offensive line. 

I remember how I knew that was the right move when we got Davis and Iupati, but also remember how un sexy it wasn’t and feeling a little bored with the picks. 

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly with Brown its not just the injuries. They guy routinely showed up overweight every single year. For a whole career i trust a guy like McG far more than Brown. If you just look at pure skillset i think Browns run blocking was so bad for us that it almost became a bigger liability than McGlinchey's pass blocking(Not just looking at this year which has been really not good). 

But that's a personal issue...I'm talking strictly skillset. Basically, removing the players altogether, do I want an elite pass blocker & poor run blocker, or elite run blocker and poor pass protector. I'll take the former every time in terms of my own preference. After that, it is about the player and that would shade the decision, I agree

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

If shanny thinks Jimmy is the long term qb, I’m starting to think trade out of the first round pick to two late first round picks if someone has that (I admittedly haven’t looked) and just get two O-lineman. This offense, when healthy, could really be special with an offensive line. 

The offensive line class is not good on the outside and McG isn't going anywhere next year. You're not giving him up on the last year of his rookie deal when his upside it pretty high

Just now, Forge said:

But that's a personal issue...I'm talking strictly skillset. Basically, removing the players altogether, do I want an elite pass blocker & poor run blocker, or elite run blocker and poor pass protector. I'll take the former every time in terms of my own preference. After that, it is about the player and that would shade the decision, I agree

Which is what i said. Talking about McGlinchey versus Brown give me McGlinchey. But in a vacuum give me the guy with Browns skillset over McGlincheys.

God did McGlinchey get destroyed on that previous play.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The offensive line class is not good on the outside and McG isn't going anywhere next year. You're not giving him up on the last year of his rookie deal when his upside it pretty high

RG and C need to be addressed at minimum. I’m not giving up on McG at this point but he better eat some cheese burgers this off-season or he’s done. 

Just now, straighthate said:

RG and C need to be addressed at minimum. I’m not giving up on McG at this point but he better eat some cheese burgers this off-season or he’s done. 

If we throw anything at RG, it'll be much later and I dont' think that Shanny is going to value the position enough to draft someone like Wyatt Davis in the first. Also, that McKivitz performance against a tough Washington defense was solid.  I could see us trying at center, but will depend on Richburg and Alex Mack. We have a lot of holes.