Nolan fired, Tomsula gone as well

Matts4313

I don't like that a change has to be made already, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place, but credit to McCarthy for fixing it now. This is the right thing to do because there are going to be a lot of desirable DCs available this off season. Bradley (most likely), Quinn, Morris, possibly Fangio, etc etc

Shouldn’t have been hired to begin with. Wonder what would have happened with an off season. He and his defense very obviously needed the extra work.

I’ll die on the mountain that they should throw anything and everything to pry Brent Venables away from Clemson. if not him I’m hoping they give Ravens pass game coordinator, Chris Hewitt a look. 

That said, I’m guessing they stay in house and promote Edwards, assuming this is actually true. Of which I’m skeptical.

Edited by WizardHawk

Nolan has been living on his "coached the great Baltimore defense back in the early 2000s" for coming up on 18/19 years now. 

He was never a good defensive coach. This was never going to work here. Cowboys need a real gm who is a real football guy. Mcarthy didn't deserve another HCing job after GB, he really didn't. 

Mike Nolan has never been a good defensive coach. He would have 1-2 really good gameplans a year but would constantly be out coached and never made in game adjustments. The guy used to throw his players under the bus constantly, both publicly and behind closed doors 

"My scheme is really good, the players just need to play better" 

1 hour ago, Northland said:
4 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Well, when you have arguably one of the worst Defenses in history of the NFL, then yes, you need to be fired! There is no if ands or buts about it!! 

Yes it's been a year to forget but who saw a historically bad defense coming?  

Its not any more. It was on pace to start the year, but its not historically bad in any major category now - - that I know of at least.