Nolan fired, Tomsula gone as well

Matts4313

19 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Need the players for that and so far we don't have many of those, maybe 2-3. 

Then by all means get them! We are projected to have 10 picks. 

If "our guy" isn't there at 10, whoever he is, any objection to trading back 5 spots or so and picking up another 2nd?

Take a DL in the 1st at a mid tier spot.

Two 2nds, you got options. More DL help, LB, DB, OL.

Then you still have multiple picks in the mid rounds for TE, RB, more OL, etc.

I believe we are set at WR. 

Just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

If "our guy" isn't there at 10, whoever he is, any objection to trading back 5 spots or so and picking up another 2nd?

Landing an extra 2nd round pick in this draft is a wise idea. Even if we get our pick of all the defensive players at #10, there are no clear-cut home runs, and there are lots of immediate starters to be had in the 2nd round.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Landing an extra 2nd round pick in this draft is a wise idea. Even if we get our pick of all the defensive players at #10, there are no clear-cut home runs, and there are lots of immediate starters to be had in the 2nd round.

Agreed Next, and I am NOT an advocate of a "wardaddy" or single player having THAT big of an impact on our defense. For a number of reasons such as:

1. If said player goes down, we're screwed.

2. Offenses will key on neutralizing said player, we're screwed.

3. He will eventually command too much money strapping our cap, we're screwed.

No, get me 3 or 4 blue collar, smart, technically sound guys that play within in a system. Looking for size, speed, intelligence, fundamentals.

Give me a DE, DT, LB and S in this draft that fit that description, and of course a DC with an actual system that works, isn't rocket science and is a plug and play system, and we have a real shot.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Dan Quinn has interviewed for DC job. 

At least he’s experienced and we aren’t being forced fed nepotism.

His defense's were kinda hit or miss in Atlanta...not sure he'd be at the top of my list. 

Get the players and the defense will be fine. Don’t get players, and it will struggle. As always.

I am glad they are looking at coordinators like Quinn, who run defenses that fit the good players we already have on our roster (Tank, RG, Diggs). Beyond that, he’s got experience and has had success. I think you’re probably kidding yourself if you think a different hire would lead to a significantly better outcome than what Quinn can do. This would be a fine hire.