Jump to content

Week 15 - Around the NFL


Recommended Posts

NFL Update@MySportsUpdate

NFL is discussing new TV deals that could exceed $100 billion in total value over 10yrs, per

@AndrewMarchand

. CBS, FOX & NBC would keep their Sunday package. ESPN/ABC keeps MNF. Amazon is emerging as a front runner for TNF. ESPN/ABC would also be added to the Super Bowl rotation.

 

Cap is going to skyrocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

NFL Update@MySportsUpdate

NFL is discussing new TV deals that could exceed $100 billion in total value over 10yrs, per

@AndrewMarchand

. CBS, FOX & NBC would keep their Sunday package. ESPN/ABC keeps MNF. Amazon is emerging as a front runner for TNF. ESPN/ABC would also be added to the Super Bowl rotation.

 

Cap is going to skyrocket.

But covid. Everyone is bankrupt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

But covid. Everyone is bankrupt.

I saw rumors that they were saying 2021 cap might be around $195MM or something like that...so not as low as the projected $175MM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, D82 said:

I saw rumors that they were saying 2021 cap might be around $195MM or something like that...so not as low as the projected $175MM. 

I always thought that the $175 way typical media fearmongering. That was the absolute maximum they could do without player retaliation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chargers win basically locks us into the #4 slot, as long as we don’t go do something stupid like winning another game.

I think it’s a pretty great spot to be in. Right in front of Carolina and Atlanta, who might both want Zach Wilson. Cincy could also potentially trade down, but I’d guess they won’t be keen to trade away from Sewell.

So either we’d either get a big haul of picks in a trade down, or we’d land the best defensive prospect in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Chargers win basically locks us into the #4 slot, as long as we don’t go do something stupid like winning another game.

I think it’s a pretty great spot to be in. Right in front of Carolina and Atlanta, who might both want Zach Wilson. Cincy could also potentially trade down, but I’d guess they won’t be keen to trade away from Sewell.

So either we’d either get a big haul of picks in a trade down, or we’d land the best defensive prospect in the draft.

Right now, the best defensive prospect in the draft wouldn’t traditionally warrant the #4 overall pick based on the position he plays. And seeing that there doesn’t appear to be a stud DT or DE in this draft, a trade down would be ideal if a QB needy team is desperate and willing to trade up for one.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Right now, the best defensive prospect in the draft wouldn’t traditionally warrant the #4 overall pick based on the position he plays. And seeing that there doesn’t appear to be a stud DT or DE in this draft, a trade down would be ideal if a QB needy team is desperate and willing to trade up for one.

 

Agree wholeheartedly.    Hoping someone falls in love with the 3rd qb, whether that's Fields or the BYU QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Right now, the best defensive prospect in the draft wouldn’t traditionally warrant the #4 overall pick based on the position he plays. And seeing that there doesn’t appear to be a stud DT or DE in this draft, a trade down would be ideal if a QB needy team is desperate and willing to trade up for one.

 

No matter how good the defensive prospect, trading down is wise.

But I do think it’s premature to say no defensive player will be worth the pick at #4. Having followed enough drafts, I think there’s a good shot 1 or 2 prospects will emerge from the pack.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

Herbert is a stud. If Chargers can get a few pieces on the o-line and get Derwin back, they will be great.

They need to fire Lynn. He's not going to lead them anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...