2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Who are a few of your guys favorite free agent targets? We can post news on guys signing extension in here as well. 

Current Needs:

- DT

- FS 

- LB ( Morrow set to be UFA)

- Nickle? - Joyner might be cut, Amik hasn’t shown anything. 
- Edge Rusher- pass rushers still needed 

- RT? Might move on from Trent, be nice to Atleast sign a steady swing tackle. Sam Young washed 

-LG? Richie might retire? Simpson hasn’t shown much.... 

- Backup QB - MM too much for a backup QB, could sign a cheap vet for a backup role. I do not trust Peterman at all. 

Would Be nice to sign Nellie, Booker, and Hankins before the offseason. 

Sticking to D since I haven't looked hard enough at O:

DT- draft a guy, resign Hankins

FS- draft pick, Justin Simmons/Marcus Williams/Bring Randall back- any of the 3

LB- Depending on who we hire as DC: Shaq Barrett, Markus Golden, Matt Milano, Derek Rivers, Samson Ebukam

Nickel- draft pick, Desmond King, Jason Verrett

Going D heavy in the draft is almost guaranteed. Finding an answer for 3 of the 4 needs would be excellent. As for FA signings, focusing on vets on the D-line and in the secondary are priorities. Resign Hankins and really focus on Simmons or Williams and identifying a nickel would be my first choice. Then, depending on cap and scheme, chase down 1 or 2 of the LBs. Maybe resign Morrow. 

Of the guys listed, if we could land 2 as FAs, our D will have big upgrades. Our blessong and curse, right now, is that there's really nowhere to go but up as far as D talent goes. We can go splash or low key and not go wrong.

Edited by ronjon1990

1 hour ago, RaisinBran said:

What do you guys think of Morrow's future? I think that we could easily sign another FA like Littleton, but I'd prefer us to build the defense's missing pieces through the draft.

Draft is always nice, but we have too many holes to rely on it. We need at least 3 if not 5 starters on D, and depth is a huge issue. Guys need to be able to go day one. We're almost at prime Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay status- great offense, but terrible defense. If we don't turn it around fairly quickly, we're gonna have a closing window situation on offense. Carr, Miller, Waller, Jacobs, etc are all going to have contracts up soon. We have a solid nucleus on that side of the ball, but those don't last forever. Relying too heavily on the draft only pushes expectations another year or two down the line.

Morrow probably gets resigned, but he's far from a guaranteed starter.

Edited by ronjon1990

3 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

What do you guys think of Morrow's future? I think that we could easily sign another FA like Littleton, but I'd prefer us to build the defense's missing pieces through the draft.

If a team offers him good starter money, he likely walks. I see him solely as a WLB and I think that is Littleton best role. Littleton is locked in for 2021 due to contract, but I think he mans Morrow spot next year. If Morrow can be brought back for cheap, maybe have him compete for starting WLB slot with CL. If he beats him out, could cut ties with CL by end of next year. CL could bounce back next year, but hasn’t had a good year 

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

It’s 2021 in 2 weeks, our season is likely over in 3 weeks. 

But without a scheme and a DC, it is kinda pointless to put in every known potential UFAs name...

Even after the DC named and the scheme is guessed we will still have enough time to do so, and even then there will be multiple UFA guys resigned or tagged... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Draft is always nice, but we have too many holes to rely on it. We need at least 3 if not 5 starters on D, and depth is a huge issue. Guys need to be able to go day one. We're almost at prime Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay status- great offense, but terrible defense. If we don't turn it around fairly quickly, we're gonna have a closing window situation on offense. Carr, Miller, Waller, Jacobs, etc are all going to have contracts up soon. We have a solid nucleus on that side of the ball, but those don't last forever. Relying too heavily on the draft only pushes expectations another year or two down the line.

Morrow probably gets resigned, but he's far from a guaranteed starter.

I think only Miller is getting close.  I believe he's on his third year but we have that 5th year option as well.  I believe Waller, Carr, and Jacobs are all good to go until about 2023.  We have 3 more seasons to get the defense on track.  Hopefully it happens.

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is way premature. Let's wait until we know the DC, system and what FA will actually be available on the market?

Regardless of who the DC is next season we need to spend big $ on a FS this offseason, preferably Justin Simmons or Anthony Harris. 

5 hours ago, Rolni said:

But without a scheme and a DC, it is kinda pointless to put in every known potential UFAs name...

Even after the DC named and the scheme is guessed we will still have enough time to do so, and even then there will be multiple UFA guys resigned or tagged... 

How about you skip the post then? I never understood people’s ego of having to project their whiny opinion. If you don’t like the post, just skip it. People come on here to talk Raider football.