2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Trey Hendrickson will be a FA after this year and dude is a bad ***. The Saints are expected to be 94 million dollars over the cap so not looking good with him staying. He would be priority number 1 for me if they do stay in a 43

Hendrickson has doubled his sack number from last year. He's playing lights out. But he's also on one of the most talented defenses in the league and play opposite Cam Jordan who takes a lot of attention. Rankins is on that Dline as well and their coverage unit is top shelf. 

He's a one year wonder at this stage. Is he a product of a great defense and could he replicate that success in a place like Las Vegas? My guess would be no

• Like 1

Trey is obviously playing on a talented line, but still wins his match ups and dominates. I get what your saying with him playing on that line makes it easier for him and that may be the case but Marcus Davenport ain’t putting up those numbers. Trey will most likely be to rich for the Raiders, but that man is gonna produce away from the Saints

• Like 1

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Trey is obviously playing on a talented line, but still wins his match ups and dominates. I get what your saying with him playing on that line makes it easier for him and that may be the case but Marcus Davenport ain’t putting up those numbers. Trey will most likely be to rich for the Raiders, but that man is gonna produce away from the Saints

Littleton has me gun shy as he looked like a sure thing to produce away from the Rams

I could see why cause last years FA class was just awful. I think they need to do a better job of getting guys who fit in the system they’re running. Getting 2 MLBs who played in the 34. Wanting to get Chris Harris to play him outside instead of in the slot. Getting Joyner and making him a NCB.

Get guys who fit into the system and leave the guys who you have to change their position alone. 

• Like 1

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/true-sack-rate-tsr-a-film-project-f31

As you can see here, most of Hendrickson's sacks are low quality, cleanup or coverage sacks. Meaning they have at least as much to do with the scheme and his teammates as his own ability. Buyer beware.

Btw, the guy coaching that Saints dline, Ryan Nielsen, should be talked about more as a DC candidate.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 2

Raiders need to be aggressive when free agency starts on the Defensive line. Similar to the 2020 free agency with linebackers. Raiders need to sign 2 impact defensive lineman: ideally an penetration DT, and athletic edge. Also need to sign a good free safety. Marcus Williams is my choice because of the Saints in cap hell. That would allow the Raiders to go BPA in the draft and not reach on needs, like the last two drafts. 

55 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We can speak on players but it will all start with the DC. Hopefully we make the right choice. Raheem Morris would be a big W, but he might be staying in ATL

Atlanta would be dumb to let him go, but I’m sure that when he was first given the interim position, Blank said something along the lines of “if we win out, he’ll be a candidate”. Hardly a ringing endorsement, and they’ve since gone 4-6.

If he’s available, that would be one of the better appointments.

Edited by Nightmare

22 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Raiders need to be aggressive when free agency starts on the Defensive line. Similar to the 2020 free agency with linebackers. Raiders need to sign 2 impact defensive lineman: ideally an penetration DT, and athletic edge. Also need to sign a good free safety. Marcus Williams is my choice because of the Saints in cap hell. That would allow the Raiders to go BPA in the draft and not reach on needs, like the last two drafts. 

Without a doubt the most impactful signing we can make is getting a 3T who can push the pocket and disrupt.  We need this so badly it's not funny and it's shameful that we have not addressed this problem for as long as I can remember. Having an impactful 3T will impact every level of the D and will cause more sacks for our edge rushers.  This needs to be priority number 1 but let's say that LW doesn't hit the FA market, where does that leave us?

Is there anyone else else who is a FA who we can land that will be an impact 3T? 

• Like 1