2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure what our cap situation is looking like or if we can free up any more space but there are still a few intriguing options on the board: 

Richard Sherman: Stop gap CB that knows the scheme and would provide leadership in the locker room and secondary. 

Casey Heyward: Another stop gap CB that knows the scheme and would provide leadership in the secondary. 

Mitchell Schwartz: One of the best RT's in the league when healthy, dealt with a back injury last season but will reportedly be 100% by training camp. 

KJ Wright: Knows the scheme and has played really well the last two years, would provide some much needed LB depth.

Ricky Wagner: Long time starting RT for the Packers who could be a stop gap OT here.

Alejandro Villanueva: Long time starter in Pittsburgh and former Pro Bowler that could be a stop gap OT. 

I’d add Ingram to the list if we don’t pick up an edge in the draft

Just now, reddevil said:

I’d add Ingram to the list if we don’t pick up an edge in the draft

Ingram would be a solid addition as well but I'm assuming we'll draft a DT and keep Yannick, Crosby, Ferrell, and Nassib as our edge guys. With Thomas and Irving having the ability to play DE as well. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Steven Nelson would be another good pick up but I don't think we can afford to pay him with our current cap situation. 

I've always been a fan of his. Unfortunately, I've also tended to hear less than stellar reviews of him from Chiefs and Steelers fans. Chiefs can suck wind for all I care, but I tend to respect the Steelers brass and fan opinions. 

He'd need to take a prove-it deal for me, and like you pretty much said- that's not likely to happen either way.

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I've always been a fan of his. Unfortunately, I've also tended to hear less than stellar reviews of him from Chiefs and Steelers fans. Chiefs can suck wind for all I care, but I tend to respect the Steelers brass and fan opinions. 

He'd need to take a prove-it deal for me, and like you pretty much said- that's not likely to happen either way.

He wanted an extension from the Steelers so they tried to trade him but couldn't find a trade partner so they cut him. Not a ton of teams with cap space though, so maybe he takes a 1 year deal in hopes of getting a big deal next offseason.

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

With the Raiders players not participating in OTAs..... do the players not get the bonus money and therefore we have more cap space?

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2021/4/15/22386640/raiders-players-boycott-ota-sessions

There was concessions in the 'boycott' for players to still attend workout sessions to get their bonuses. There were like 6 or 7 players who had bonuses tied to ota workouts. They'll still get them.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Looks like most veterans still on the market are waiting until the draft is finished to sign.

With so many teams not having in-person OTAs, it makes sense really. If I knew I wasn't in the bid for one of the primo contracts, I wouldn't be in a huge rush either. 

18 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I didn't even know Alejandro Villanueva was a FA. Thats a big MF. Not sure at this point of his career he could make the switch to RT.

Yeah if we had no Miller id be interested. But not sold on moving him to RT, assuming he wants a pretty hefty contract.