2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So we didn’t want Ingram the lb cause he was out of shape 🤷🏾‍♂️

Don't worry about Ingram.  He will probably just go out and outproduce every defensive FA we signed this off-season.  Then people will defend this team and say the only reason why he produced is he went to Pittsburgh.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Don't worry about Ingram.  He will probably just go out and outproduce every defensive FA we signed this off-season.  Then people will defend this team and say the only reason why he produced is he went to Pittsburgh.

🎯🎯🎯

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

So you think we should have signed Ingram coming off a 0 sack injury riddled season instead of Ngakoue, interesting. 

21 hours ago, Dessie said:

So you think we should have signed Ingram coming off a 0 sack injury riddled season instead of Ngakoue, interesting. 

Nobody said instead of Ngakoue.  I actually forgot that we signed Ngakoue when I wrote that.  You can have both and he was injured for most of the year in 2020.  Bringing in guys that know the system is only going to help the transition also.  With Ingram able to play SLB in Bradley's system would be a big boost.  The reason why we did not sign him was he was out of shape.  His knee injury probably played a big role in him being out of shape.  

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bad business for ingram to sign when he would be backing up Maxx/Ngakoue. In Pitt he'll probably play most of $ down snaps. Would have been good to add him though. He's still a good player.

Your statement makes sense from his perspective but we were the ones not interested in signing him.  Bad choice from our perspective.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Your statement makes sense from his perspective but we were the ones not interested in signing him.  Bad choice from our perspective.

Apparently he wasn't in shape though. I think our edge rotation is actually pretty good. I'm much more worried about the IDL, where we've NEVER generated pressure, even with Mack. It's super frustrating. Ferrell has some skills and so does Jefferson, but I just wanted more in the offseason.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Apparently he wasn't in shape though. I think our edge rotation is actually pretty good. I'm much more worried about the IDL, where we've NEVER generated pressure, even with Mack. It's super frustrating. Ferrell has some skills and so does Jefferson, but I just wanted more in the offseason.

Ferrell, Abram, and a first for Chandler Jones? 

Doesn't necessarily address the IDL, but we would 100% be pressuring the outside like crazy.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ferrell, Abram, and a first for Chandler Jones? 

Doesn't necessarily address the IDL, but we would 100% be pressuring the outside like crazy.

I wouldn't. Ferrell is a good young ascending player. Abram we'll see but he's shown flashes. Our 1st could be worth a lot (unfortunately). AND we'd have to give him 20+mil immediately, which means we'd have no $ for Crosby.

I'd much rather sell the farm for a Quinnen Williams or Derrick Brown type of player. I know neither team will trade those guys. Just saying.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn't. Ferrell is a good young ascending player. Abram we'll see but he's shown flashes. Our 1st could be worth a lot (unfortunately). AND we'd have to give him 20+mil immediately, which means we'd have no $ for Crosby.

I'd much rather sell the farm for a Quinnen Williams or Derrick Brown type of player. I know neither team will trade those guys. Just saying.

Oh I was being more facetious than anything. 

We all know if Grudock makes a move at all, it'll be for a 35 year old S and a placeholder who wants to be the highest paid holder of balls for .5 seconds in league history lol

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh I was being more facetious than anything. 

We all know if Grudock makes a move at all, it'll be for a 35 year old S and a placeholder who wants to be the highest paid holder of balls for .5 seconds in league history lol

This is why I have zero faith in us rn. Our moves are 95% dumb af. Literally we can have a no brainer decision on our doorstep and grudock is like “naw I know a guy” and pulls out some semi scrubs who hasn’t played in years. Then they get on tv “I know some will question our moves and that’s ok at the end of the day we blah blah bs blah I’m smarter than y’all stupid fans blah blah”. 

then the draft thread gets popping on week 9 🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This is why I have zero faith in us rn. Our moves are 95% dumb af. Literally we can have a no brainer decision on our doorstep and grudock is like “naw I know a guy” and pulls out some semi scrubs who hasn’t played in years. Then they get on tv “I know some will question our moves and that’s ok at the end of the day we blah blah bs blah I’m smarter than y’all stupid fans blah blah”. 

The no brainer move is Atkins or Short IMO.  But I don't know if we'll sign one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly. 

Players who opted out notwithstanding, we have to be leading the league in relying on guys who have hardly played since at least 2019 to take on key roles.

Our lack of experience is jaw dropping. 

Edited by ronjon1990

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We are definitely better at DE than other spots but like I said he could have played the rush SLB role also.  I think Koonce is a good fit there but would have been nice for Ingram to help the young man transition.  I do not see anyone else on the team that fits that role.