2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I see what you’re getting at but Waller is already high volume. He just needs lots of threats around him and one of them to be proven. We also can’t understate chemistry. Carr and Agholor can get even better together while Ruggs comes along, as does Edwards.

Carr Waller nelly and 🤦🏽‍♂️Jj nice lil combo to build around 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If Bradley accepts the job I wonder if he would want to bring in Sherman. He's played really well since coming back from his injury and could be a nice mentor to the young guys. 

Lol the dude that got punked by kc in the sb lol move him to fs and Now we talking tho iirc wasn’t he fs at Stanford 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Not sure what Super Bowl you watched or what definition of punked you go by but he didn't get punked. He got beat deep once by Watkins. That was it one play means he got punked lol 

He’s too slow for cb but I could see him at fs the 

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I see what you’re getting at but Waller is already high volume. He just needs lots of threats around him and one of them to be proven. We also can’t understate chemistry. Carr and Agholor can get even better together while Ruggs comes along, as does Edwards.

This is a response to several recent WR posts:

Chemistry is a major thing especially with Carr.  I’d thus prefer to keep Agholor unless a major talent like Robinson was obtainable.  I think Robinsons talent transcends the chemistry issue.

I think we should just resign Agholor and then draft a WR... someone whose unique to what we have already in skill set and frame..... replaces Zay Jones if he isn’t brought back.

I really value Agholor deep speed AND deep game.... he doesn’t just run fast deep he gets open.... Ruggs hasn’t really shown the open part consistently.  Plus having 2 fast/deep ball WR is needed.  

i feel like I should want Juju because he is talented but my gut says pass.  He’s in between what we all Want and really doesn’t meet any credentials.  He isn’t a deep ball guy nor is he a big physical WR.  He is a big volume catch guy.... but look at his stats he mad a lot of games with no marginal contribution:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitJu00.htm

Week - targets - catches - yds 

Wk5 : 5tgt- 4rec- 28y

wk6: 4 - 2 - 6y

Wk11: 5 - 4 - 19k

wk12: 9 - 8 - 37y

Wk13: 10 - 7 - 28y

wk15: 6 - 3 - 15y

In the regular season he’s had 128 targets for only 831 yds....  so > 6.5 yds per target.

Agholor had 82 Targets for 896 yds and 10.9yds per target.

23 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Chemistry is a major thing especially with Carr.  I’d thus prefer to keep Agholor unless a major talent like Robinson was obtainable.  I think Robinsons talent transcends the chemistry issue.

I think we should just resign Agholor and then draft a WR... someone whose unique to what we have already in skill set and frame..... replaces Zay Jones if he isn’t brought back.

I really value Agholor deep speed AND deep game.... he doesn’t just run fast deep he gets open.... Ruggs hasn’t really shown the open part consistently.  Plus having 2 fast/deep ball WR is needed.  

i feel like I should want Juju because he is talented but my gut says pass.  He’s in between what we all Want and really doesn’t meet any credentials.  He isn’t a deep ball guy nor is he a big physical WR.  He is a big volume catch guy.... but look at his stats he mad a lot of games with no marginal contribution:

In the regular season he’s had 128 targets for only 831 yds....  so > 6.5 yds per target.

Yep Robinson and Golladay are 2 top tier/borderline top tier WRs who you can say are WR1's. Juju is not that. At least Agholor is dangerous down the field with his targets. He's more than good enough because I expect the rookies to take a BIG step forward in year 2 with an offseason with Carr + more time with Gruden's playbook. Ruggs needs to get a little bigger and work on his release game with some WR guru. If he can do that, I still think he can become a dynamic down the field threat.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yep Robinson and Golladay are 2 top tier/borderline top tier WRs who you can say are WR1's. Juju is not that. At least Agholor is dangerous down the field with his targets. He's more than good enough because I expect the rookies to take a BIG step forward in year 2 with an offseason with Carr + more time with Gruden's playbook. Ruggs needs to get a little bigger and work on his release game with some WR guru. If he can do that, I still think he can become a dynamic down the field threat.

Juju is questionable and I value Nellie more, because of his speed and playmaking. I think Juju is more of a WR2, who lacks speed. Juju hasn’t been the same since AB left the Steelers. He’s a risky free agent and probably will get paid due to his name and age. I’ll rather spend on Nellie, he shown he can thrive as our WR1. Arob, and Kenny G would be ideal but Nellie right behind them. ARob would be amazing

37 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think you assessment of Juju is correct although I do think he is physical.  I would prefer Golliday or Robinson any day of the week based on talent but neither will hit the FA market and if they do they will command 20+ which we can not afford on a WR.  

The reason I have brought up Juju is the potential price for a player who has yet to reach his prime.  He has shown he can be a high volume target who can thrive in the RZ (111/1425/7) are great numbers.  Having a prime AB play alongside him certainly boosted his numbers but at 12 million we would not be looking for him to be an elite 1, more as a complimentary piece to the WR puzzle that has plagued us for over a decade.

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Oh I have no doubt Ruggs will come along and be a dynamic WR for us... the question if will be be a 45-55 catch 700-800yd or 70-80 catch 1000+yd WR.  And yes he needs to pack on 5-7 pounds to get up around 193-195 and work on release.  I’m disappointed we didn’t use him more in motion and slot early on to combat the clean release issues.

yes.... Agholors dynamic-ness is more valuable then a ton of 3-6yd screens and slants that get tackled immediately.  Pitt didn’t have a ton of veteran quality WR and still juju didn’t stand out as a top WR1 on that team.  That’s unimpressive IMO.  I really really wonder if JUju can be productive with a lower target number.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think you assessment of Juju is correct although I do think he is physical.  I would prefer Golliday or Robinson any day of the week based on talent but neither will hit the FA market and if they do they will command 20+ which we can not afford on a WR.  

The reason I have brought up Juju is the potential price for a player who has yet to reach his prime.  He has shown he can be a high volume target who can thrive in the RZ (111/1425/7) are great numbers.  Having a prime AB play alongside him certainly boosted his numbers but at 12 million we would not be looking for him to be an elite 1, more as a complimentary piece to the WR puzzle that has plagued us for over a decade.

It’s not he isn’t physical he’s just not super physical.....I will say his run blocking is very good.  Your def right Juju at 12m is a good deal... darn good deal.... I’d just prefer to go another route

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Oh I have no doubt Ruggs will come along and be a dynamic WR for us... the question if will be be a 45-55 catch 700-800yd or 70-80 catch 1000+yd WR.  And yes he needs to pack on 5-7 pounds to get up around 193-195 and work on release.  I’m disappointed we didn’t use him more in motion and slot early on to combat the clean release issues.

yes.... Agholors dynamic-ness is more valuable then a ton of 3-6yd screens and slants that get tackled immediately.  Pitt didn’t have a ton of veteran quality WR and still juju didn’t stand out as a top WR1 on that team.  That’s unimpressive IMO.  I really really wonder if JUju can be productive with a lower target number.

Definitely agree. As long as we can stay explosive down the field, this offense will continue to have big games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

If Bradley accepts the job I wonder if he would want to bring in Sherman. He's played really well since coming back from his injury and could be a nice mentor to the young guys. 

Has signing 30+ year old DB's worked out for us recently? Hard pass on Sherman.