2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

22 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Would you rather have NA at 8 or Juju at 12?

Nelson at $8M all day. JuJu is extremely overrated and hasn't been the same player since AB left and he was asked to be a true #1. Carr clearly loves Agholor and he had a very good year for us, no reason to pay JuJu more. 

• Like 1

Apparently Erik Harris posted that he’s moving out of Vegas. I for one would like to say don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. 

Never seen a player get some much praise and he is good talk from Rivers throwing the ball directly at him. 

54 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Apparently Erik Harris posted that he’s moving out of Vegas. I for one would like to say don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. 

Never seen a player get some much praise and he is good talk from Rivers throwing the ball directly at him. 

He was a REALLY REALLY big feel good story that had a big game and then it got out of control.  he was a cfl player that was signed by the saints, got cut in TC, and we picked up.  he was never suppose to be a starter.  due to our inept depth chart he became a starter.  but thats not his fault.  he's been worth his 2.5 and 3.25 salary.  he just should have been cast into a starting role. had he remained a backup S he'd have played much less and never been exposed to the level that happened.

i dont see the reason for hating him.  hes moving because he wont be resigned.  i dont use social media but seems to me he didnt bash us.  i'm very glad were moving on but wont hate on the guy.  he gave his all, had some good moments, and played hard.  casting him into a starting role was the GM, HC, and DC's fault not his.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Since AB left, he has for lack of a better term been a "bum". Not really, but the number dropoff is staggering.

yeah, id also say the offense really jacked up his stats.  AB and Juju's stats were more from play calling and design then route running.

its amazing how many games he was ineffective.  its not like he didnt have catches or gets targets, he did.  they were just those "manufacturered" short passes and he immediately got tackled.

this is why i discard WR screens from stat totals when looking at college prospects.  i dont care if a player got 60 catches with 38 of them being screens.  none of those 38 plays shows me he can get open, even in college.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I never understood the hype either. Around this time last year his hype train reached its peak. He was never more then a 5th S/Special Teamer who is lucky to be in the league type. He was lucky to be in the right place at the right time for a few picks back in 2019 and raider fans went Gaga because we never get interceptions. 😂 

Sign- Booker, Takk, Irving, McMillen back for Cheap 

sign- Leonard Williams, Allen Robinson, cheaper starting RT, Marcus Williams

cut: Richie, Brown, Williams, Joyner, Richard, MM

roll the dice 🎲 and start: Amik(nickel), Simpson(lg), McMillen(SLB)

Draft: DE(round1), DT(round2), BPA(round3)

fill out depth with day 3 picks and UDFa(being aggressive like 2019 not 2020), anda couple vets on a minimum deals (no Nassib deals)

is that too much to ask for???

Edited by Humble_Beast

55 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Sign- Booker, Takk, Irving, McMillen back for Cheap 

sign- Leonard Williams, Allen Robinson, cheaper starting RT, Marcus Williams

cut: Richie, Brown, Williams, Joyner, Richard, MM

roll the dice 🎲 and start: Amik(nickel), Simpson(lg), McMillen(SLB)

Draft: DE(round1), DT(round2), BPA(round3)

fill out depth with day 3 picks and UDFa(being aggressive like 2019 not 2020), anda couple vets on a minimum deals (no Nassib deals)

is that too much to ask for???

3 players that if the make FA will be in high demand and command top free agent contracts. Yes, that's too much to ask for. 

Stop the Madden scenarios. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

3 players that if the make FA will be in high demand and command top free agent contracts. Yes, that's too much to ask for. 

Stop the Madden scenarios. 

Thought the same thing.  I could see us landing Leonard Williams because he's a staunch Raider fan anyway... Probably not at a discount price though.  MAYBE Marcus Williams who, I don't think we need at the price he'll demand.  I see us at the tier two and three bargain level this off season.  

10 minutes ago, Totty said:

Thought the same thing.  I could see us landing Leonard Williams because he's a staunch Raider fan anyway... Probably not at a discount price though.  MAYBE Marcus Williams who, I don't think we need at the price he'll demand.  I see us at the tier two and three bargain level this off season.  

I want a good tier 2 safety and Melvin Ingram.

1 hour ago, Totty said:

I’m not locked in on Marcus Williams, there’s a few free agent safeties on the market. I don’t think he will break the bank, we will see. Last year we signed two sought after free agents in Littleton, and Kwit. Then we went and blew money on Collins(5), Nassib (9), Witten(5).. instead of blowing money on meh guys, go get 3 studs. Quality over quantity... sign a couple guys on cheap deals like we did Booker and Agholor....

Edited by Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m not locked in on Marcus Williams, there’s a few free agent safeties on the market. I don’t think he will break the bank, we will see. Last year we signed two sought after free agents in Littleton, and Kwit. Then we went and blew money on Collins(5), Nassib (9), Witten(5).. instead of blowing money on meh guys, go get 3 studs. Quality over quantity... sign a couple guys on cheap deals like we did Booker and Agholor....

You argument makes no sense. They spent on sought after FAs like Littleton who was a bust signing and had no impact. 

FA is not how you build a team

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You argument makes no sense. They spent on sought after FAs like Littleton who was a bust signing and had no impact. 

FA is not how you build a team

Child please... Littleton was the most sought out free agent LB last offseason. Hindsight shows he had down year in 2020 but he was a hot community last year. Nevada income tax rates should makes us a free agent destination like Florida. Umm duh you don’t build a team through free agency, suppose to move smart. Invest where it matters. Williams a difference maker on the DL. Arob could help Ruggs burst into stardom. Defenses wouldn’t be able to roll coverage to him, and he wouldn’t be seeing CB1. Ruggs and Edwards both on rookie deals for a awhile so our WR position spending could go to ARob...