2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

22 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Big Cat would be a nice addition. 26 year old, player of immense need and importance and just had  an11.5 sack season. Only thing that worries me is he was showing out during a contract year. 

The big contract year is a valid concern.  obviously there is big Motivation for him to play well and big multi year deal.

but also he’s had pretty steady pressure stats throughout his career.  Moving inside to play 3T AND being moved around the DL (sometimes playing 7Tech) has helped him.  
he’s also just 26.... he came into the league at 21... so it’s not surprising he had some up and downs.... he’s just hitting his prime.  He’s the age of most players who get drafted at 22/23 and are on year 4/5 of their rookie deal.  
https://sisdatahub.com/players/226

id absolutely pay Williams  18-20m annually.  If it a gets above 21m and into Aaron Donald money then I walk away.

williams could give us 50+ interior pressures and 8-12 sacks annually along with good run defense. Not to mention would open up things for Crosby and Ferrell.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The big contract year is a valid concern.  obviously there is big Motivation for him to play well and big multi year deal.

but also he’s had pretty steady pressure stats throughout his career.  Moving inside to play 3T AND being moved around the DL (sometimes playing 7Tech) has helped him.  
he’s also just 26.... he came into the league at 21... so it’s not surprising he had some up and downs.... he’s just hitting his prime.  He’s the age of most players who get drafted at 22/23 and are on year 4/5 of their rookie deal.  
https://sisdatahub.com/players/226

id absolutely pay Williams  18-20m annually.  If it a gets above 21m and into Aaron Donald money then I walk away.

williams could give us 50+ interior pressures and 8-12 sacks annually along with good run defense. Not to mention would open up things for Crosby and Ferrell.

If we can trade trent brown's salary for Leonard Williams, count me in. THAT is a win to me.

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Watching the Rams game, crazy they signed Leonard Floyd for 1y 10m. Imagine signing Nassib over that stud lol... wonder if we could steal him 

How is it crazy when he was a bust with the Bears? He looks good because Donald is the best defender in the league and it's not even close.

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we can trade trent brown's salary for Leonard Williams, count me in. THAT is a win to me.

I understand why we wanted 2 elite OTs back in ‘19.... each team h the division (minus us) had 2 good de/olb pass rushers. 
but Denver is probably losing von Miller and after the injury Chubb Is good but not someone you fear.  SD Is gonna we Ingram   Prolly.  KC’s really only got Clark and he’s only had 6+8 sacks since coming over.

i just don’t think we need a #2 paid RT that ends up preventing us from affording a DT, + FS.

19 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

How is it crazy when he was a bust with the Bears? He looks good because Donald is the best defender in the league and it's not even close.

You TAKE risks on former 1st rounders... they were drafted high for a reason. Act surprised when guys like Nassib flop 

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I understand why we wanted 2 elite OTs back in ‘19.... each team h the division (minus us) had 2 good de/olb pass rushers. 
but Denver is probably losing von Miller and after the injury Chubb Is good but not someone you fear.  SD Is gonna we Ingram   Prolly.  KC’s really only got Clark and he’s only had 6+8 sacks since coming over.

i just don’t think we need a #2 paid RT that ends up preventing us from affording a DT, + FS.

Gabe might get a pass for one more year. Cut the fat with Richie and Brown. Clears 20m in cap space 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

And what did he do with that freak athleticism in Chicago?

NOW you want to overpay him and expect him to do as well with us?

Bears were actually deep at edge, and Floyd had a bit of the injury bug. He’s not someone I’ll throw the bank on but he’s interesting at 10-15m range. Invest in trenches, edge rushers etc....

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Bears were actually deep at edge, and Floyd had a bit of the injury bug. He’s not someone I’ll throw the bank on but he’s interesting at 10-15m range. Invest in trenches, edge rushers etc....

Pass. I'd rather draft a first round edge rusher than expect a band aid to fix our pass rush problems. If we do sign an edge rusher on a budget, I'd rather get Melvin Ingram for less, a guy who has consistently played the run and pass well and can be a band aid for 1-2 seasons while younger players get phased in.

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Pass. I'd rather draft a first round edge rusher than expect a band aid to fix our pass rush problems. If we do sign an edge rusher on a budget, I'd rather get Melvin Ingram for less, a guy who has consistently played the run and pass well and can be a band aid for 1-2 seasons while younger players get phased in.

Right now I want Philips at 17 and a DT in the 2nd for the record.