2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

19 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders mouth piece Vinny predicts

John Johnson 4 year 51 Million 26 million guaranteed

Dalvin Tomlinson four-year, $50-million deal, with $25 million guaranteed

Melvin Ingram three-year, $25-million deal, with $16 million guaranteed

Mitchell Schwartz two-year, $16 million contract, with $11 million guaranteed

We'll probably end up with Richard Sherman, Melvin Ingram and a couple other washed vets. 

Rams played the least amount of cover 3 from what I read earlier. So it would be a judgment call for Gus. One of the things that you would have to trust him with.

Just hope Gruden allows Gus to pick his own players instead of telling Gus which players he thinks fits. 

I don't buy the "he played for the rams so he can't be good off of them" argument. Joyner was played out of position. Littleton was misused (look at how he played without guenther) and people were expecting him to the be hero that saved our defense when he was never going to be that by himself. Good players are good players. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Rams played the least amount of cover 3 from what I read earlier. So it would be a judgment call for Gus. One of the things that you would have to trust him with.

Just hope Gruden allows Gus to pick his own players instead of telling Gus which players he thinks fits. 

Johnson III was drafted as a FS coming out of Boston College FWIW 

• Like 1

Not saying Bears would do it, but does anyone think #17 overall plus Mariota would get Mack back? They need a QB, we need an edge presence. Gruden rights his wrongs. I’d even consider throwing Crosby in if that meant making the deal. 

Edited by JarrodR86

1 minute ago, JarrodR86 said:

Not saying Bears would do it, but does anyone think #17 overall plus Mariota would get Mack back? 

Doubtful they seem like they'll be finalizing a trade for Russell Wilson sooner rather than later. Most sports books took off Russell Wilson to Chicago prop bets a couple of days ago and the Bears Super Bowl odds have gotten a lot better in the last few days as well. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Doubtful they seem like they'll be finalizing a trade for Russell Wilson sooner rather than later. Most sports books took off Russell Wilson to Chicago prop bets a couple of days ago and the Bears Super Bowl odds have gotten a lot better in the last few days as well. 

They could use #17, #20 and a 2022 first rounder to get #3 to Miami who could trade back to build around Tua if they liked one of the top 2-3 QBs behind Lawrence instead of trading for Russell Wilson.. idk, just food for thought but it would be awesome to get Mack back instead of spending 12-16 mil on a Dupree, Ngakoue, etc. 

1 minute ago, JarrodR86 said:

They could use #17, #20 and a 2022 first rounder to get #3 to Miami who could trade back to build around Tua if they liked one of the top 2-3 QBs behind Lawrence instead of trading for Russell Wilson.. idk, just food for thought but it would be awesome to get Mack back instead of spending 12-16 mil on a Dupree, Ngakoue, etc. 

The Bears have tried to win with middle of the pack QB's and a guy they drafted early in Tribusky. The Bears need to make a splash move at QB that puts them in a position to win now because if they come up short again next season their GM/HC are probably gone. 

There has been a ton of news starting to leak that a Wilson to Chicago trade should be completed sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

it would be awesome to get Mack back instead of spending 12-16 mil on a Dupree, Ngakoue, etc. 

I don't even think we're going to go hard after either one of those guys. I think Melvin Ingram and a pass rusher at #17 is the plan. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't even think we're going to go hard after either one of those guys. I think Melvin Ingram and a pass rusher at #17 is the plan. 

Now that Cable seems to be our top scout do not be surprised if we take a RT or a RG at #17.  

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The market is robust. I would like to see us push hard for Schwartz and resign Good/Incognito. 

Yeah if Schwartz medicals check out good I'd love to add him. I'd also feel comfortable with a stop gap guy like Beachum.