2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

he is really good regard guard but right before his retirement they tried to put him at right tackle and between that and injuries he didn’t really work out at that position before retiring.

I think it would be a really good signing because retired players always come cheap and he’s proven to be a pro bowl guard when healthy plus he’s not that old(Richy incognito prove that the guards can play well into their 30s)

seen he was 3 time pro bowler, he would be cheaper and younger Richie. His body probably needed a break, I'm sure he would wear Silver and Black with pride. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have a deep threat in Ruggs but we have no RZ threat outside of Waller. That is a main reason we struggle in the RZ. 

A physical threat who can win contested catches and win in tight coverage.

See here’s the thing: I actually understand that perspective because that was the first thing I thought too. 

but my thing is Bryan Edwards was supposed to be that red zone threat but he got hurt so I’m actually willing to go with the receivers we had last year and just see him develop into that role(For practically free) rather than having to pay some for that role and lose having the complementary deep threat that Agholor  was. 

I think it’s also worth noting do that Nelson Aguilar is better as an outside receiver book and also play the slot where as juju is a good slot but really struggled when was asked to play that outside receiver role more. But one could say that if we signed juju then Brian Edwards can get more work outside. 

I also wanna throw out there that I’m a USC fan and so I like them both lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

See here’s the thing: I actually understand that perspective because that was the first thing I thought too. 

but my thing is Bryan Edwards was supposed to be that red zone threat but he got hurt so I’m actually willing to go with the receivers we had last year and just see him develop into that role(For practically free) rather than having to pay some for that role and lose having the complementary deep threat that Agholor  was. 

I think it’s also worth noting do that Nelson Aguilar is better as an outside receiver book and also play the slot where as juju is a good slot but really struggled when was asked to play that outside receiver role more. But one could say that if we signed juju then Brian Edwards can get more work outside. 

I also wanna throw out there that I’m a USC fan and so I like them both lol

Who knows if Edward’s can fill that role and I do like him as a prospect but we can no longer ignore that we are soft in the Redzone and lack physicality at WR. That to me is obvious abs banking on an unproven 3rd rounder to fill a critical void in this O would be foolish. 

I would hope that Ruggs (12th overall pick) can fill the NA role for almost nothing. Juju fills a critical void in this O and could change the complexity of what we do especially in the RZ. 

Juju is young and fell out of favor in Pit for whatever reason. If we can sign him and use him like I said 12 million will be tremendous value. NA and Ruggs are similar in what they bring to the table and if Ruggs can’t fill his role then Ruggs was massively over drafted. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

46 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who knows if Edward’s can fill that role and I do like him as a prospect but we can no longer ignore that we are soft in the Redzone and lack physicality at WR. That to me is obvious abs banking on an unproven 3rd rounder to fill a critical void in this O would be foolish. 

I would hope that Ruggs (12th overall pick) can fill the NA role for almost nothing. Juju fills a critical void in this O and could change the complexity of what we do especially in the RZ. 

Juju is young and fell out of favor in Pit for whatever reason. If we can sign him and use him like I said 12 million will be tremendous value. NA and Ruggs are similar in what they bring to the table and if Ruggs can’t fill his role then Ruggs was massively over drafted. 

From my perspective, having 2 deep threats make this more dangerous it’s less about ruggs filling for NA they actually play two different roles. NA’s role is complementary ruggs not the same role. 

his role makes it to where you can’t cheat the coverage deep to rugs and then bracket Waller because Agholor is automatically going to get open against inferior coverage and can also win deep. 

I’m not sure I want to sacrifice that for more of a red zone threat. And of course, I understand where the interest comes from in signing him  him. I get the frustration of Asked to getting down the field multiple times and then not finishing in the red zone all season. But the reality is we actually regressed in the red zone last year rather than we are not a good Redzone team. A lot of that has to do with the office of line over performing which made our red zone run game very inefficient. Also foster Moreau didn’t look  like he was all the way back from the ACL tear last year and he was a key to getting in the red zone in 2019. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The key to the red zone is running the ball better. Not being in several obvious 3rd and goals.

That’s key. We were not as good from the line of scrimmage as we had been the year before and committed a lot of penalties that took us out of favorable red zone situations.

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we can't get a premium safety, give me Mike Hilton or Brian Poole. Both great slot players in the short term. Serve a more "direct" role than Hayward/Sherman/or other commonly named vets.

I would imagine we go hard after King for slot.