2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

19 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

If they hire Bradley or Richard, Earl Thomas could become an option.

Can we just let this idea sail? His best years are behind him. 32 teams didn't want to deal with him in their locker rooms after one of the most respected locker rooms in the NFL had enough. Players out right couldn't stand him. He punched a teammate and the players wanted him gone. And their were off field concerns as well. 

Really don't care if his former coaches "know him". If the Ravens didn't want the headache in their veteran locker room, I don't want it my young impressionable locker room. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Can we just let this idea sail? His best years are behind him. 32 teams didn't want to deal with him in their locker rooms after one of the most respected locker rooms in the NFL had enough. Players out right couldn't stand him. He punched a teammate and the players wanted him gone. And their were off field concerns as well. 

Really don't care if his former coaches "know him". If the Ravens didn't want the headache in their veteran locker room, I don't want it my young impressionable locker room. 

All of that doesn't mean he won't be an option.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not only is he a cancer no one wants to touch AND he’s getting up there in age (which will effect him tremendously given his size and dependence on speed for his range).... the man’a life is out of control with no signs of ending the spiral.  He’s married to a crazy women who pulls guns on him.  Instead of studying the playbook he’s running Eiffel Towers on girls at AirBnB’s with his BROTHER!   This wasn’t an isolated Incident.  This was a progressive escalation of .... a lot of bad things, lol.  If Thomas was taking the steps to get his life in order a team would have signed him, but no one did so it really seems like it’s continuing.  We don’t need another AB situation, which is what ET would be.

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

All of that doesn't mean he won't be an option.

That's fair. But why the heck would they bother? I'm personally tired of other teams trash having to be the Raiders treasure. And Raider fans wanting that trash because they are so desperate for a winning season. 

When Thomas almost signed in Houston, the locker room fired back at coaches because they didn't want him in it. Think about that. How bad is your name when a team full of players is like hell no don't let that guy in here. 

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That's fair. But why the heck would they bother? I'm personally tired of other teams trash having to be the Raiders treasure. And Raider fans wanting that trash because they are so desperate for a winning season. 

When Thomas almost signed in Houston, the locker room fired back at coaches because they didn't want him in it. Think about that. How bad is your name when a team full of players is like hell no don't let that guy in here. 

How bad is ET’s reputation when players cause an an uproar at the possibility of bringing in a talent like ET?  Especially in Houston when they’ve seen their franchise destroyed by bad moves and stayed silent.

Couple guys who could be in play from the Chargers: 

Melvin Ingram(Edge)- he’s getting up there in age but I could see Bradley bringing him in on a 1-2 year deal to help out the pass rush. I think Chargers let him walk due to cost. Probably would cost 10-12m

Desmond King(Slot/FS)- I always liked King, he has the “range” and can play either position. Chargers traded him because he was due for an extension this offseason. Could be a cheaper/younger Joyner

Denzel Perryman- from the U, is the odd man out with Chargers after they drafted Kenneth Murray. Former high pick, who has been a starter MLB for awhile and still in his prime. Could be a cheap pickup and add talent to our Linebacker unit. Could slide Kwit to SLB and blitz him more and his role is best for 2 down thumper. 

Rayshawn Jenkins- another Free safety option. Bradley coached him up in 2020 to be a solid starter who can play either safety spot. 

Michael Davis- he was the chargers best corner and projects as a solid starting CB2. Could slide Arnette to his “best role” as a nickle back. 

A few interesting guys from the chargers who could help this team. I’m sure Bradley has ties to other old Jag players too. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

FA: Leonard Williams, Ingram, Allen Robinson, D King ,Perryman 

Draft: Barmore, Holland 

let’s go! 

So much money that we don't have.  I would cry tears of joy if we even signed two of those players.  Preferably on defense.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can anyone paint a realistic picture of how much cap space we'll have and who we could potentially afford to sign with that cap space? 

It's so hard to say as we have a lot of money tied up some players but can easily get out of those contracts. Totally depends if we retain the likes of Trent, Gabe, Joyner, etc.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can anyone paint a realistic picture of how much cap space we'll have and who we could potentially afford to sign with that cap space? 

Currently at -17 m:

easy cuts:

Trent Brown- 14m, 0 dead cap 

T Williams - 11.6m, 0 dead 

Joyner- 11.2m, 2.5 dead 

Mariota- 10.7m, 0 dead 

Gabe Jackson- 9.6m, 0 dead 

richie- 6.3m, 0 dead 

J Richard- 3.5 m, 0 dead 

————————-

New cap space: 41m at quick glance.  Starters would be needed at RG, RT, DT x2, FS, SLB, Edge 

Quick math would allow us to spend on 6 new starters in free agency, assuming our first two picks are instant starters. I would go cheap on SLB and really invest in DL. Could also cut Nassib 9.5 m but 5.7 cap hit. He has no dead cap in 2022, but could be gone if we get pressed for cap space. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That is really going to come down to who we cut. cough cough O-line cough.  We have $70.4 million in possible cap cuts in Brown, Incognito, Jackson, Williams, Joyner, Heath, Richard, and Mariota.  Each player has a reason to be let go.  If we cut everyone we would have around $60 million.  We could then sign Hankins ($3-4), Wright ($6-8), Dupree($15-17)/Ingram($11-13), Maye($8), and then resign Good ($6-8).  We would have some holes to fill on the line but I believe we can do it for half of what we have spent and less if we draft on the line.  Resigning Good is key though because that will keep the majority of starting O-line from last year and he would give us flexibility with bringing new players in since he can fill in multiple holes at an above average level.  We would still have $25 million left and could wait to get some bargains after the first week.