2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

He got 13M/Y.

I starter typing that as I drove to an appointment for work and got back in the car and finished it and sent it....13m per for 2yr is a very good deal IMO.   He’s gonna want to tear it up and get the big contract at 28yo in 2years.  

At one point he was a 22/23/24 who was getting ready for a 80-100M+ deal .... if he doesn’t get double digit sacks the next 2 years he’ll be 28 and looking for a prove it deal and never see that big pay day.  He’s gonna hopefully be motivated and humbled.

• Like 2

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha you crack me up.  I would not mind Green on a 1 year vet minimum.  He is pretty washed up though but would not be a bad 4th option.  I bet we go after Juju now... 

I wouldn't necessarily mind Green either. But I also could see him not deserving to make the roster while making it and playing considerable snaps. 

It would be Witten all over again, and I don't see that helping our totally unproven WR corps progress. 

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Forget JuJu.  With the money saved on Yannick I go after Golladay.  If we can get him and Yannick for under $30 million I will be happy.  I do not think it will happen because we need some o-linemen also but I have been surprised all day today so far.  I thought Yannick was going to get Barrett money.

Nelson got 13 if I'm Golladay my agent don't take calls that don't start at 17.5

Just now, dante9876 said:

Nelson got 13 if I'm Golladay my agent don't take calls that don't start at 17.5

Yeah, if we were going to go after a productive WR, Nelson should've been locked up. 

Now, I wouldn't have given him 13/yr, but I don't think it would have taken that to keep him off the market in the first place. 

Our options now are overpaying or aiming for someone washed up or totally unproven. 

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If I told you we could get Yannick and Golladay for $30.5 million a year would you say yes?  You never know what he might want.

only have good things to say about Agholor after what he gave us last year... but 12m was simply too steep. time for Ruggs to step into that role.

we still have to fill 3 starting OL spots, nab a FS, DT, and probably a veteran starting corner (hayward, sherman, etc). dont think we could afford to pay a receiver anything near what Nelly just got. a one year prove it deal for a vet like AJ Green? sure.

this is why i've been in favor of a cheaper FS option like Hooker or Boston

Edited by Turnobili

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If I told you we could get Yannick and Golladay for $30.5 million a year would you say yes?  You never know what he might want.

Yes I definitely take it. Im more curious of the oline plan than the wr one to be honest.  Maybe they got wink deals with Richie and good already. 

14 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Forget JuJu.  With the money saved on Yannick I go after Golladay.  If we can get him and Yannick for under $30 million I will be happy.  I do not think it will happen because we need some o-linemen also but I have been surprised all day today so far.  I thought Yannick was going to get Barrett money.

I do like Golliday a lot but if he’s in the 20 million range with his injury history I’ll pass...