2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Agholor was a great signing last year as we got him dirt cheap. 

Kwit was a solid enough signing. Not spectacular, not game changing, but solid enough.  

The rest have been replacement level guys, signed because "they fit the (bad) scheme". 

Scheme is great, when you have a good one. We have not. Again, when the "fits" are replacement level, you have a bad scheme. 

So what about fixing Derek carr(Who everybody said we should’ve moved on from)

Or finding Waller and turning them into a top three TE in the entire NFL

Or drafting Kolton Miller when everybody said that was a bad idea and developing him into a left tackle that only gave up one sack last year

Or turning the Raiders into a top 10 offense making it so the only thing we have to focus on is defense this off-season(Which is the first time that’s happened in as long as I can remember.) 

I noticed that none of those things were mentioned

as for what you said about the scheme. The scheme that Gus Bradley created(he was in Seattle before Pete Carroll) Has led to...

1. multiple top-five and top 10 defenses. 

2. Hey Super Bowl victory that shut down the best offenses in the NFL at the time

3. A first round pick to fifth round picks and an undrafted player who came from the Canadian football league to form one of the best defense of backfield of all time

4. Has appeared in three Super Bowls since then with other teams running it(Seattle, Atlanta, San Francisco) 

But I get it when you’re used to losing you develop a mentality that everything that you’re team does is stupid. 

I also get frustrated when the Raiders lose. I just don’t get so emotional that I throw the baby out with the bathwater

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha you crack me up.  I would not mind Green on a 1 year vet minimum.  He is pretty washed up though but would not be a bad 4th option.  I bet we go after Juju now... 

You need vets to teach the young players what it takes to be successful in the NFL and AJ Green is a HOF WR the young guys will listen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Yes I definitely take it. Im more curious of the oline plan than the wr one to be honest.  Maybe they got wink deals with Richie and good already. 

bunch of OGs and OTs available, im sure we can get a couple for cheap, either in FA or draft. Not really worried about OL tbh

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You need vets to teach the young players what it takes to be successful in the NFL and AJ Green is a HOF WR the young guys will listen.

the thing is, the vet has to be willing to let go a little and understand his role. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

So what about fixing Derek carr(Who everybody said we should’ve moved on from)

Or finding Waller and turning them into a top three TE in the entire NFL

Or drafting Kolton Miller when everybody said that was a bad idea and developing him into a left tackle that only gave up one sack last year

Or turning the Raiders into a top 10 offense making it so the only thing we have to focus on is defense this off-season(Which is the first time that’s happened in as long as I can remember.) 

I noticed that none of those things were mentioned

as for what you said about the scheme. The scheme that Gus Bradley created(he was in Seattle before Pete Carroll) Has led to...

1. multiple top-five and top 10 defenses. 

2. Hey Super Bowl victory that shut down the best offenses in the NFL at the time

3. A first round pick to fifth round picks and an undrafted player who came from the Canadian football league to form one of the best defense of backfield of all time

4. Has appeared in three Super Bowls since then with other teams running it(Seattle, Atlanta, San Francisco) 

But I get it when you’re used to losing you develop a mentality that everything that you’re team does is stupid. 

I also get frustrated when the Raiders lose. I just don’t get so emotional that I throw the baby out with the bathwater

Carr was already here, and I have been a vocal supporter of his. 

Waller was overlooked. My bad. 

Miller was drafted. You asked for signings. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Bradley is already paying off, cant tell me he wasnt big in helping us get Ngakoue. 

But hey he doesn’t know what he’s doing. We should’ve got John Johnson play to single high. What are we gonna do now?

Edited by Jeremy408