2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yannick > Nelly on a 2 yr/$26M deal. 

Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Sammy Watkins, and John Brown are all viable options at WR.

To be honest who cares what receiver they get. Darren Waller is the number one receiver on the team. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

You have a very short memory. Raiders was a top 7 offense in points and yards,  2 seasons before gruden got here. That wasn't that long ago. I'm not arguing either way on gruden, just had to correct that statement. 

Also....we're looking at replacing our WR1, RB2, and potentially 3/5 of our O-line..

Why do people keep hanging on the offense that "was", when several of them aren't here now and even more won't be within a year or two? 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He took a risk signing for $1.5M with us last season and cashed in big time. He's 28 and it's pretty unlikely he'd get $13M+ APY next season unless he went for like 1,300+ yards. 

Hed wouldve been even better next season with DC imo, cap is going way up next year, hed still be only 29, coming off two big seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

To be honest I’m down to go with AJ Green for cheap and see what Brian Edwards is about. 

I wouldn't mind that either.  I liked him as a prospect but as we all know he is unproven.  We have hung our hats on these types of players before and they disappoint.  I still would like Juju in the 12ish range, I just don't know if thats obtainable now.  I also didn't think YN could be had for 13.  We will see...

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

To be honest who cares what receiver they get. Darren Waller is the number one receiver on the team. 

Yeah and honestly Ruggs should be able to step into the role that Nelly had last season. Hopefully Edwards can be a solid starter as well. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Also....we're looking at replacing our WR1, RB2, and potentially 3/5 of our O-line..

Why do people keep hanging on the offense that "was", when several of them aren't here now and even more won't be within a year or two? 

We have Ruggs and Edwards to replace Agholors production. RBs are a dime a dozen. 2/3 OL didnt play much last year plus theres a surplus of OL available. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Hed wouldve been even better next season with DC imo, cap is going way up next year, hed still be only 29, coming off two big seasons. 

Absolutely no way to guarantee that though. What if he gets hurt? Then he's probably looking at another bargain contract. If he resigned here he'd also have more competition for targets with Ruggs, Edwards, and Moreau getting healthy and having another year in the system under their belt. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Absolutely no way to guarantee that though. What if he gets hurt? Then he's probably looking at another bargain contract. If he resigned here he'd also have more competition for targets with Ruggs, Edwards, and Moreau getting healthy and having another year in the system under their belt. 

true, we will never know. He will make more money next year with the Pats, i just think he had more staying power with the Raiders for another season.

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nelly had 48 catches for 896 yards and 8 TD. Have to hope Ruggs, who can be used in a similar fashion and was just the 12th pick in the draft, can replicate that. 

And how are we losing 3/5 of our OL? Richie and Trent didn't even really play last season.

Just now, Geezy said:

true, we will never know. He will make more money next year with the Pats, i just think he had more staying power with the Raiders for another season.

Just a year ago he was looked at as a bust. The Eagles moved on from him after two straight disappointing seasons when they lacked weapons across the board. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah and honestly Ruggs should be able to step into the role that Nelly had last season. Hopefully Edwards can be a solid starter as well. 

I care because I don't want to take a forward step on D while backtracking on O. 

Ruggs and Edwards didn't prove anything last year. We need at least 1 solid, bonafide WR2 who can act as a proxy WR1. 

If Ruggs and/or Edwards don't take a pretty big leap forward, we will have gone from one of the "deeper" WR units to the shallowest in the league again. 

I mean, I suppose we could let Gruden go willy nilly with a fancy scheme and play exclusively 2 TE sets to max Waller and Moreau. Maybe install some Wing T Wishbone concepts while we're at it. 😉

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

We have Ruggs and Edwards to replace Agholors production. RBs are a dime a dozen. 2/3 OL didnt play much last year plus theres a surplus of OL available. 

That's my point. Citing last year's or previous years' offense is bogus. The personnel will be vastly different, for better or worse. 

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I wouldn't mind that either.  I liked him as a prospect but as we all know he is unproven.  We have hung our hats on these types of players before and they disappoint.  I still would like Juju in the 12ish range, I just don't know if thats obtainable now.  I also didn't think YN could be had for 13.  We will see...

Either way is cool with me.