2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I care because I don't want to take a forward step on D while backtracking on O. 

Ruggs and Edwards didn't prove anything last year. We need at least 1 solid, bonafide WR2 who can act as a proxy WR1. 

If Ruggs and/or Edwards don't take a pretty big leap forward, we will have gone from one of the "deeper" WR units to the shallowest in the league again. 

I mean, I suppose we could let Gruden go willy nilly with a fancy scheme and play exclusively 2 TE sets to max Waller and Moreau. Maybe install some Wing T Wishbone concepts while we're at it. 😉

Ruggs flashed last season but was banged up all year. Edwards was also dealing with injuries throughout the year as well but had his moments. They were both rookies in probably the hardest season for a rookie transitioning to the NFL with no OTA, preseason, and a limited training camp. 

Agholor was viewed as an after thought and a lot of people didn't even think he'd make the team when we signed him last year. 

Good teams are built through the draft, at some point you have to let the guys you spent high picks on actually see the field.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Nelly had 48 catches for 896 yards and 8 TD. Have to hope Ruggs, who can be used in a similar fashion and was just the 12th pick in the draft, can replicate that. 

And how are we losing 3/5 of our OL? Richie and Trent didn't even really play last season.

Because at the end of the day, we will almost assuredly be starting the year off with 3 different OL as starters.

Miller and Hudson will probably be the only 2 guys listed as starters from the initial 2020 depth chart. Good can get a pass since he played so much, but it's still a vastly different situation.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Miller and Hudson will probably be the only 2 guys listed as starters from the initial 2020 depth chart. Good can get a pass since he played so much, but it's still a vastly different situation.

What counts, the initial 2020 depth chart or the guys that actually played? Reports are that 2/3 of Good, Richie, and Gabe will be back. We had a revolving door at RT all season.

41 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Nelson got 13 if I'm Golladay my agent don't take calls that don't start at 17.5

Your absolutely right.... 

however... in general this year I think we’ll see a guy like Agholor get 13m while golliday only gets 18m... we’re going to see deals all over the place.  If I’m a GM I’m keeping 20m+ After the first wave of FA and looking to fill out the roster with a bunch of good players who have a Concern whether it be getting a little older or production dropped or had a non serious injury .... and went into FA thinking they’d get 7-8M but end up taking 3-4M.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Ruggs flashed last season but was banged up all year. Edwards was also dealing with injuries throughout the year as well but had his moments. They were both rookies in probably the hardest season for a rookie transitioning to the NFL with no OTA, preseason, and a limited training camp. 

Agholor was viewed as an after thought and a lot of people didn't even think he'd make the team when we signed him last year. 

Good teams are built through the draft, at some point you have to let the guys you spent high picks on actually see the field.

Ruggs did see the field and didn't really impress. His route running was even called out. 

Nobody is saying don't let Ruggs or Edwards arbitrarily not see the field. But you don't just force them into action and cross your fingers because you had nobody for them to actually compete with. That's how you get stuck with garbage like Abram being an every down player when he doesn't deserve it. 

Eroding depth for the sake of a draft pick is insane.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Just a year ago he was looked at as a bust. The Eagles moved on from him after two straight disappointing seasons when they lacked weapons across the board. 

Exactly. He struggled with Wentz and Foles, Balls with DC, then signs with a team with another inaccurate passer. Doesnt make sense to me, if you dont take money into account. Which is what FA is all about to most. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Exactly!

Just now, NYRaider said:

What counts, the initial 2020 depth chart or the guys that actually played? Reports are that 2/3 of Good, Richie, and Gabe will be back. We had a revolving door at RT all season.

What counts is our O-line was better and more solid in 2019 than 2020. We expected that O-line, didn't get it, and it showed. 

When those 3 are all officially back and starting, then we can cite them. Until then, reports are reports.

But for people to cite our "top tier" O-line while ignoring that we regressed last year and that the lineup has changed is a paper thin argument.

Ritchie didn't play and he's a year older. That's a difference. 

Good started and did fairly well. But he's a 2020 product of filling in, not a member of the previously stellar lineup. That's a difference. 

Jackson may or may not ultimately be back. 

I see a lot of people acting like the 2018/2019 O-line and the 2020 O-line are entirely interchangeable, and they're not. 

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ruggs did see the field and didn't really impress. His route running was even called out. 

Nobody is saying don't let Ruggs or Edwards arbitrarily not see the field. But you don't just force them into action and cross your fingers because you had nobody for them to actually compete with. That's how you get stuck with garbage like Abram being an every down player when he doesn't deserve it. 

Eroding depth for the sake of a draft pick is insane.

Ruggs missed 3 games and got banged up week 1. He had his moments though and you're going to have to count on him to improve. 

You don't draft guys to not play them.