2021 Free Agency

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Exactly. He struggled with Wentz and Foles, Balls with DC, then signs with a team with another inaccurate passer. Doesnt make sense to me, if you dont take money into account. Which is what FA is all about to most. 

Yeah Nelly had 363 yards and averaged 9.3 ypc in 2019 for Philly and balled out for us last season. No reason to think that Ruggs can't make a significant leap in year 2. 

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I believe so.

Funny/cool to see Autry, Harris, and even Mario Edwards get paid all in the same week. 

forgot about Edwards, really though him and Mack were gonna be nightmare for OL's. 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ruggs did see the field and didn't really impress. His route running was even called out. 

Nobody is saying don't let Ruggs or Edwards arbitrarily not see the field. But you don't just force them into action and cross your fingers because you had nobody for them to actually compete with. That's how you get stuck with garbage like Abram being an every down player when he doesn't deserve it. 

Eroding depth for the sake of a draft pick is insane.

You clearly get it.  I have been pounding the table for depth over sexy named signings for years.  As you know the "sexy named" players we have signed over the last decade have come her and failed miserably.  One of the main reasons we are so terrible YOY is lack of depth and nearly every key position.  Now we have 3 capable edge rushers so that's a start!

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You clearly get it.  I have been pounding the table for depth over sexy named signings for years.  As you know the "sexy named" players we have signed over the last decade have come her and failed miserably.  One of the main reasons we are so terrible YOY is lack of depth and nearly every key position.  Now we have 3 capable edge rushers so that's a start!

We still need to make sure that the inside pass rush is taken care of otherwise whoever the quarterback is can still step up in the pocket

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We still need to make sure that the inside pass rush is taken care of otherwise whoever the quarterback is can still step up in the pocket

Yeah DT needs to be addressed, I think the only 2 DT's we have under contract right now are Hurst and Irving. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

any word on Tomlinson? Would love to bring him into the mix. 

I'd like Tomlinson as well but he's probably going to be looking for a similar contract to what DJ Reader got last year at 4 yr/$53M. That's pretty rich for a 2 down player that doesn't rush the passer. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah DT needs to be addressed, I think the only 2 DT's we have under contract right now are Hurst and Irving. 

Barmore doesn’t look like such a bad idea now