2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He had good physical tools but not elite, he ran a 4.45 at the combine. That's good but not elite. Thomas and Abram are legit identical from a H/W/S perspective. Abram has really good physical tools, so did Thomas, what set them apart is Thomas instincts and feel for the game. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/348050-2010-nfl-draft-scouting-report-earl-thomas

Again.... I never spoke anything about his height and never said he didn’t have great instincts.  But,  ET had elite speed for a Safety.... ran a 4.37 At his pro day:

http://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=72083&DraftYear=2010

Again.....the sole argument I made was ET has elite range that requires elite speed and agility.  And you believe he’s an average athlete.

If you want to find one BR article (you can find a BR article that said anything and everything they’re not the best scouts and often have some of the least knowledgeable people writing articles) and run with it then go for it.

but throughout college, the draft process, and the NFL ET has had world class range.  He was the Rangy FS that later top draft prospects were compared to. That type of range doesn’t come from just instincts.  You have to be physically able to cover ground and that takes athleticism.  Sure getting a good jump and reading the play and expecting where the balls gonna go absolutely helps..... but his elite speed and agility is essential.  ET has a degree of athleticism that JA doesn’t have.  JA could never come ground like ET could.

Nonetheless.... when people stay steadfast in the belief of false information in the face of the actual evidence proving otherwise..... that’s when it’s time to stop engaging with them..... so I’m done.  If you want to believe ET only had average athleticism then go for it.  If anything I made the mistake with entering this conversation knowing full well how it’d likely play out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Again.... I never spoke anything about his height and never said he didn’t have great instincts.  But,  ET had elite speed for a Safety.... ran a 4.37 At his pro day:

http://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=72083&DraftYear=2010

Again.....the sole argument I made was ET has elite range that requires elite speed and agility.  And you believe he’s an average athlete.

I never said that ET was an average athlete, I said he had very good but not elite physical tools. You're right though Thomas was physically gifted as is Abram. But the reason that Thomas is elite in coverage and Abram is horrible isn't because ET is way more physically gifted, it's because of his mental processing and football IQ. 

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was listening to the Locked on Raiders podcast and he suggested that he'd be okay with paying Nelson Agholor around $13M to stay. There ain't no way in hell I'd pay him that much. 

I'm thinking something closer to 8-9M per season would be reasonable.

Instead of paying Agholor, I’d rather throw #1 money at Allen Robinson. I’m usually against paying WR’s top dollar like Amari Cooper, fringe #1’s who run hot and cold. However, Robinson is a legit #1 WR. Carr’s type of WR too. Mega 3rd down converter and red zone weapon. 

Allen Robinson, Henry Ruggs III, Hunter Renfrow, and Darren Waller is a pretty good weapon core. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Instead of paying Agholor, I’d rather throw #1 money at Allen Robinson. I’m usually against paying WR’s top dollar like Amari Cooper, fringe #1’s who run hot and cold. However, Robinson is a legit #1 WR. Carr’s type of WR too. Mega 3rd down converter and red zone weapon. 

Allen Robinson, Henry Ruggs III, Hunter Renfrow, and Darren Waller is a pretty good weapon core. 

You think Bears franchise? Gruden might do it, we need a red zone guy in his eyes.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

You think Bears franchise? Gruden might do it, we need a red zone guy in his eyes.

Bears franchise? What do you mean? Robinson is a free agent this year. I think he’s a Top 10 WR in the NFL, and pairs well with just about any QB in the league.

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Lol if Robinson goes from Blake Bortles/Nick Foles/Mitch Trubisky to Sam Darnold/Rookie Jets QB/Daniel Jones then he is a utter moron. Going to a team with at least a Middle of the Pack QB at minimum, should be his priority.