2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

to be level headed, center isn't a position I would spend 13-15m on. 

I completely agree with this. As a matter of fact I was gonna type it in one of my posts but the thing that would make this a bad move is if we actually don’t save any money because then why not keep him(One of the best centers in the NFL). 

but as far as the position and the compensation, I felt like our entire offensive line was overcompensated and under performed which is actually what played a very key role in why we weren’t as good in the red zone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I completely agree with this. As a matter of fact I was gonna type it in one of my posts but the thing that would make this a bad move is if we actually don’t save any money because then why not keep him(One of the best centers in the NFL). 

but as far as the position and the compensation, I felt like our entire offensive line was overcompensated and under performed which is actually what played a very key role in why we weren’t as good in the red zone.

nobody went crazy when the Packers cut their center lol. Packers usually make sound football decisions, they felt paying their playmaking RB was more important than a center who was just paid big by the Chargers. Raider fans are easy to be triggered, and talk trash. why you think so many people won't stop bashing DC. LOL 

Edited by Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

LOL we just signed one of the best pass rusher's we could've signed for the best value that anybody got for pass rusher. Wait that happened yesterday right? That might've been last year

LOL OMG guys we signed 1 guy and now all is right in the world!

Jesus, you sound like the "all we have to do is nuke the roster to free up cap space and trade our next 4 classes for Watson and we'll be CoNtEnDeRs" crowd. 

We signed one guy, who, like him as I do, has 1 double digit sack season and has played exclusively on teams with considerably more talent around him than we offer. 

And we followed that up by arbitrarily canning arguably our best player while keeping Mariota and Nassib on the roster seemingly for the lulz. 

You don't get better by bringing in one talented player and cutting another more talented player needlessly. 

But, hey, defend away Mike. Godspeed. (And I thought the Reggie fanboys were delusional). 🤦🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Reshuffling the OL to spend it all on defense (I hope) will either be brilliant or tank this team. I figure Mayock knows it's now or never. **** it i guess.

Keep Gabe, bring back Richie and/or Good, sign Long. Then target a RT early in the draft. 

I could see us going after someone like Tevin Jenkins in round 1 and a guy like Josh Meyers in round 2/3 unless we believe in James can be a starting C. 

If we don't get bring back our guards we could target someone like Trey Smith in round 2/3.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Last couple years has not worked. You either die doing the same thing or shake things up and give yourself a chance. I like the giving yourself a chance option. 

Why eat $15M in dead cap to let go of our best OL though? Especially when we just lost both of our starting guards and RT.