2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

LOL OMG guys we signed 1 guy and now all is right in the world!

Jesus, you sound like the "all we have to do is nuke the roster to free up cap space and trade our next 4 classes for Watson and we'll be CoNtEnDeRs" crowd. 

We signed one guy, who, like him as I do, has 1 double digit sack season and has played exclusively on teams with considerably more talent around him than we offer. 

And we followed that up by arbitrarily canning arguably our best player while keeping Mariota and Nassib on the roster seemingly for the lulz. 

You don't get better by bringing in one talented player and cutting another more talented player needlessly. 

But, hey, defend away Mike. Godspeed. (And I thought the Reggie fanboys were delusional). 🤦🏼‍♂️

LOL I never actually said that I was just mentioning that we just made a good move yesterday.

Now you’re insinuating that I’m actually saying some thing that I’m not. I’ve actually been against the Deshaun Watson plan so that’s made up. 

so you would agree that our main problem is pass rush right? you don’t think it was a good move that we signed a pass rusher that has never had less than 8 sacks in a season(regardless of which team or scheme he played for)? Also can you enlighten me by telling me who were the pass rushers he played next to when he was a rookie on the Jaguars and also when he was on the Vikings? I also think it's important to note that we got him for a better deal than anyone else got a pass rusher for this off-season(Or does that not matter?)

With your comments on Rodney Hudson I don’t necessarily disagree. I think if Cutting him doesn’t save us any why did we do it? But as others have said on the topic center isn’t a highly compensated position in the NFL and we happen to have a back up center that has played good and limited time in Andre James. If we actually saved money I would actually understand this move. If we didn’t that something we need to look at as a bad move.

With the Mariota situation I think it’s pretty obvious we’re trying to trade him and that he’s not gonna be back with us next season whether we trade or cut him so that’s actually a non-issue. But of course we are raider fans so we have to overreact and say that a Player that may have trade value should be cut immediately when salary camp is not necessarily an issue right now for no reason.

With Carl Nassib like I may have said probably 15 times in this forum and one topic or another that one of the primary things that I hold Gruden/Mayock responsible for is paying Carl Nassib 9M who has never had more than six sacks in a season as a third pass rusher. Horrible move and they have to answer for that. But even I think it makes more sense to either a find a trade suitor or or wait till we have dead money and not even be able to use him for depth in case somebody gets hurt.

What you said about getting rid of a talented player versus getting a talented player is generally valid. But then again I already mentioned the Center topic already(so you can refer to that).

But again I don’t get emotional and say that every move is horrible and they need to get fired and start over with somebody else after an 8-8 season. One day into the legal tampering period LOL. And then get mad at someone else who doesn’t get emotional with me.

And just so that this is on record, I never liked him Reggie McKenzie(even the year we went to the playoffs) 

Edited by Jeremy408

18 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

nobody went crazy when the Packers cut their center lol. Packers usually make sound football decisions, they felt paying their playmaking RB was more important than a center who was just paid big by the Chargers. Raider fans are easy to be triggered, and talk trash. why you think so many people won't stop bashing DC. LOL 

The difference is the Packers and the Chargers haven’t only gone to the playoffs once in 20 years.

Obviously that does something to you to where you think that every move your team makes is automatically trash and has no rationality to it. It’s actually understandable. 

15 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The only good thing this team has shown to do is build an offensive line . No reason why they can’t do it again

Why would you if you don’t need to? 

There is no way to dress this up as anything other than a shocker

6 minutes ago, reddevil said:

That is quite a lot though. I would have brought him back, but probably not at over 4 mill and rising

I wanted him back to you to be honest but I think what happened was getting Ngakoue made it unrealistic. He was probably some kind of fallback

everyone was moaning about how we had too much money tied into the ofense, well here you go. After Gabe and Mariota are gone wed have cut more than $60mil in cap on offense. 

Tyrell, Hudson, Gabe, Incognito, Brown, Mariota

I know this forum was built on knee-jerk reactions, but ill wait to see what the outcome is before i make a judgement. 

Sucks losing Gabe and Hudson, the others, meh...

Just now, Geezy said:

everyone was moaning about how we had too much money tied into the ofense, well here you go. After Gabe and Mariota are gone wed have cut more than $60mil in cap on offense. 

Tyrell, Hudson, Gabe, Incognito, Brown, Mariota

I know this forum was built on knee-jerk reactions, but ill wait to see what the outcome is before i make a judgement. 

Sucks losing Gabe and Hudson, the others, meh...

That is something to THINK about right? The Raiders were the most compensated line in the NFL. There is something to that. But again I would like to see

A. How this officially affects the cap 

B. What do they do next