2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not buying Hudson was a bad savings move... not one bit.  Just like I called TB was getting cut or traded despite the rumors he’d only be moved if we got a trade offer.

You don’t restructure Littleton+Kwiatkowski to save money this year and push money into next year.... add void years... act pretty reckless with future cap space.... cut both G’s ... and THEN cut Hudson for any reason other then he asked for his release.  I think he realizes the downward trajectory of this franchise and nicely asked to Be Released so he can jump To a contender.  He realized that this team Isn’t trending upwards and we did the respectable thing and granted him the release.

That's a very high possibility

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Why did we wait until training camp to trade Mack? Why did we trade Cooper midseason? Why have we reached with almost all of our 1st round picks? 

Gruden is horrible when it comes to personnel management. 

This is what I mean, it just stinks of an inept front office. Wth is going on ? Hudson asking for his release has to be a huge concern.

We should be progressing forward this offseason with genuine optimism of reaching the playoffs, but with what has happened that is dwindling pretty fast. 

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

This is what I mean, it just stinks of an inept front office. Wth is going on ? Hudson asking for his release has to be a huge concern.

I mean Trent Brown and Antonio Brown were both celebrating publicly when we moved on from them and they were taking major pay cuts and shorter contracts with their new teams.  

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Hudson could have been pissed we cut all the OLINE, I mean he was the leader of the line. those were his guys

Something about this whole story isn't adding up. Interested to see what our beat reporters have to say over the next few days. 

56 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

This is absolutely what I think to. But I don't think people want to believe. Also wonder how carr performs with a whole new oline. He is very big on trust. And he got to learn to trust maybe a whole new right side. 

I’m legit making this up.... again there is no reasonable source of information to support this:

But we saw Nelly blow up on the team for a lack of dedication, professionalism, etc.  Gruden is the head of the team AND organization.

We all know Gruden wears on guys.... he’s like that college coach who comes in and is RAH-RAH  and sells a dream.... but it can wear on some personalities.... some people find him to be not genuine.  Says one thing, does the opposite right after.  Gruden has a shelf life with certain players.... and I suspect a guy like Hudson.... MR. PROFESSIONALISM... THE golden standard for leadership.... might have gotten tired of Gruden and the organization and didn’t think we were doing the things to take the next steps... THAT we preached.

Maybe Hudson just realized this team isn’t ever going to be what it was sold to him as.... maybe he was told “we want you to be part of the return to glory” but then golfing buddies of Gruden are kept on as DC despite being obviously inept, not dedicated, etc  and Gruden wasn’t holding players accountable forever.

I can see Hudson waking up on day 1 of FA and just having an epiphany that it’s time to move on from the clown show.

• Like 1

only free agents I'll spend money on:

RB: N/A

WR: Kenny G, Samuel, JuJu

T: Rick Wagner, Riley Reiff, Dennis Kelly, Germain Ifedi

G: Lane Taylor,  Trai Turner, Kyle Long, Jermaine Eluemunor

Center: David Andrews, Alex Mack, Ethan Pocic, Ted Karras

Edge: Hassan Reddick, Jordan Jenkins, Kyler Fackrell

DT: Sheldon Rankins, Arby Jones, Christian Covington, Derek Wolfe, Jurrell Casey

LB: Kyle Van Noy, Jason Brown, KJ Wright, Alex Anzalone

CB: Xavier Rhodes, WJ3, Adoree Jackson

S: Malik Hooker, Desmond King, Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman, Tashaun Gipson, Jaquiski Tartt, Duron Harmon

rest of free agents I'll try to get value 

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic also mentioned that the Raiders are just hanging onto Jackson as long as possible in hopes that all the other jobs get filled up and Jackson would have to take a pay cut. Just an unreal situation 

I don't understand why they would do this with Gabe and just release Hudson the second he asks for it. There are plenty of Gs available in FA who wouldn't be much of a downgrade if any from Gabe and could be signed for less than his current contract. 

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic also mentioned that the Raiders are just hanging onto Jackson as long as possible in hopes that all the other jobs get filled up and Jackson would have to take a pay cut. Just an unreal situation 

That’s absolutely pathetic if true. Really hope it isn’t.

• Like 1