Jump to content

2021 Free Agency


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I mean Trent Brown and Antonio Brown were both celebrating publicly when we moved on from them and they were taking major pay cuts and shorter contracts with their new teams.  

Antonio is a turd, but yeah. Trent was lazy, but yeah. Both are correct. 

What concerns me more is Agholor reportedly being unhappy enough to ultimately not resign despite the brass talking about it often. Now Hudson reportedly wanted out? 

Whether or not you like TB or AB, both are premier players who clearly didn't want to be here particularly badly. Hudson is yet another. Agholor is pretty good too. 

All of these impact guys seem to not want to be here. Heck, at this point I'm waiting for the "Tyrell Williams faked injury" reports. 

Making things even more concerning, no matter how much cap space we accrue, it's never put to good use. Guys come in for workouts and are routinely allowed to get away. Nobody is clamouring to play for Gruden. Our premier FA signing is a guy on his 4th team only attracted to us by virtue of our new DC who is apparently the only guy in the league that can use him correctly (not to knock Yannick, I hope he does well, but let's be super clear. He wanted to get PAID by Jacksonville, left, and wasn't kept long by Minnesota or Baltimore. And he signed here for considerably less than he was recently looking for. Why? Charity? Or was his market just not as gravy as we want to assume?). 

We aren't attractive to FAs. We draft poorly. Aside from once being name checked (in addition to several other teams) by Russell Wilson (wonder if his feelings have changed now?), we've been linked to virtually nobody else of note. JJSS? I'll believe it when we actually sign him. But I'm still a bit hesitant about him anyway (despite liking him). And now our best guys are leaving or discontent enough to ask for their release amid rumors of lockeroom accountability and morale being lacking. 

3 mediocre seasons into the Gruden 2.0 tenure, and we're increasingly looking like a dumpster fire, not a team on the rise. We've blown draft picks, blown trades, signed stupid contracts, focused on 1 year bandaid fixes left and right, pushed out the good players we had, and looked increasingly worse on the field. 

We have virtually no depth on the O-line. No depth on the D-line. No depth at RB. No depth at WR. No depth at CB. No depth at LB. No depth at S. We came into the offseason with a ton of holes to fill. We've addressed 1 need, while allowing numerous others to walk out the door- to the point we self-created a new need for a Center for "reasons". The top FAs at our positions of need are virtually signed, with a few unlikely to sign with us stragglers left. We're pining over an injury prone G who hasn't played football in well over a year to come out of retirement to magically fill a hole? FFS! Kyle is a Duck. I'd love more Ducks on this team! But are we seriously seeing people on here pining for Kyle F'n Long to come save our O-line? Seriously?

And what of our other positions of need? We have more needs than we have draft picks. And with our inability to attract guys, whether it's management or the unnecessary complexity of our "schemes", we're looking at going into yet another season of playing rotational guys as key starters. It's pathetic. 

At this point, trade Jacobs. RBs are a dime a dozen and he only has a couple of years left before his style catches up to him. Trade Carr. F it, trade Waller too. Collect those high picks so Mayock can do something else stupid with them and maybe get canned for someone with the testicular fortitude to tell Chucky he's just a clueless mark for himself. Trade the damn stadium too. And go get Deshaun Watson or Russell Wilson so we can fail (albeit MAYBE a bit more spectacularly) and people will finally wisen up to the fact that there is absolutely no redeeming Gruden and there is no "vision" to play towards other than getting rid of him. I mean, there isn't a true vision. We've watched the Cleveland Browns go from the basement to legit contenders over the last 3 years. Miami? Washington? San Francisco? Arizona? Buffalo? And here we are, stuck in mediocrity, doing the same ignorant crap that got us here to begin with. 

Up to 5 new starters on O and ideally 5 on D are needed. To be fair, that's assuming Ferrell and Abram and Arnette don't further prove to be utterly replaceable, Littleton actually progresses, Yannick actually works out, and Ruggs and/or Edwards transform into a legitimate #2 at least (which neither really showed the ability to actually do yet). That's a ridiculous amount of "if's". With Abram, Arnette, Ruggs, and Edwards in particular, it's not even about taking the "next" step at this point. They still need to take the first step. Yet we're currently relying on them to all do so? Good grief! 

We went from talking about potentially needing to replace a RT and a G in the draft/FA a week ago to wondering what we're doing at RT, both G positions, and C. We were talking about the prospects of signing 2 or 3 real solid positions on D via FA and reinforcing the D and OL in the draft to searching for starters, inching increasingly closer to settling for more Carl Nassib and Sam Young types to do so with. We're practically incapable of fielding anything more than constant replacement level talent. 

Jesus, no wonder Hudson probably asked for his release. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Gruden gone after this season? Because they are not making the playoffs.

They are basically back to square one with holes every where, rebuilding again but with less resources than 2018.

Carr is going to regress hard behind an entirely new Oline, we all see that coming right?

What is the plan here? It feels like playoffs or bust and you blow major holes in the trenches... this can't end well right?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Is Gruden gone after this season? Because they are not making the playoffs.

They are basically back to square one with holes every where, rebuilding again but with less resources than 2018.

Carr is going to regress hard behind an entirely new Oline, we all see that coming right?

What is the plan here? It feels like playoffs or bust and you blow major holes in the trenches... this can't end well right?

He has to be doing this on purpose for sending him off to Tampa back in the day. The troll job is just too obvious at this point. There's really no other feasible explanation that doesn't require running in circles to back up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

• The offensive line is a pretty close group, and the team’s lowball offer to guard Denzelle Good also didn’t sit well. Good started 14 games at tackle and guard last season, filling in for all the injured starters, and was so effective that Gruden called him one of the team’s most valuable players. He earned a big raise from his $2 million contract, especially if he is asked to start again next season, but the Raiders didn’t offer one. They came in low, Good’s agent countered way too high, and the Raiders were content to let him test the market and maybe come back on their terms.

This all sounds like a mess that will result in Good not coming back either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I pray to god yes, but that stupid $100M contract is going to set our franchise back a decade unfortunately. 

He can't do this for 10 years. Ego won't allow it. He'll get a 5-6 win record this season and quit. I said he'd be gone in 5 when signed, looking more like 4.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fire Trash GIF

Does anybody want to argue my point now that we could take posters from this board and do better than our team.  Gruden's total control and ego combined with the chip on his shoulder from winning a Super Bowl with Dungy's defense has led to this dumpster fire.  The only way to put it out is for Davis and/or Mayock to grow a pair and put him in his place.  Not likely but it is the best choice.  If Davis puts him on a time out and he quits does he still receive the money.  I would think quitting would qualify as a breach of contract but I do not know much about coaches contracts.  Who am I kidding.  I do not even understand the warranty on my car.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Does anybody want to argue my point now that we could take posters from this board and do better than our team.  Gruden's total control and ego combined with the chip on his shoulder from winning a Super Bowl with Dungy's defense has led to this dumpster fire.  The only way to put it out is for Davis and/or Mayock to grow a pair and put him in his place.  Not likely but it is the best choice.  If Davis puts him on a time out and he quits does he still receive the money.  I would think quitting would qualify as a breach of contract but I do not know much about coaches contracts.  Who am I kidding.  I do not even understand the warranty on my car.

Depends on the wording of the contract in terms of penalties but if he quits he invalidates the contract. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Antonio is a turd, but yeah. Trent was lazy, but yeah. Both are correct. 

What concerns me more is Agholor reportedly being unhappy enough to ultimately not resign despite the brass talking about it often. Now Hudson reportedly wanted out? 

Whether or not you like TB or AB, both are premier players who clearly didn't want to be here particularly badly. Hudson is yet another. Agholor is pretty good too. 

All of these impact guys seem to not want to be here. Heck, at this point I'm waiting for the "Tyrell Williams faked injury" reports. 

Making things even more concerning, no matter how much cap space we accrue, it's never put to good use. Guys come in for workouts and are routinely allowed to get away. Nobody is clamouring to play for Gruden. Our premier FA signing is a guy on his 4th team only attracted to us by virtue of our new DC who is apparently the only guy in the league that can use him correctly (not to knock Yannick, I hope he does well, but let's be super clear. He wanted to get PAID by Jacksonville, left, and wasn't kept long by Minnesota or Baltimore. And he signed here for considerably less than he was recently looking for. Why? Charity? Or was his market just not as gravy as we want to assume?). 

We aren't attractive to FAs. We draft poorly. Aside from once being name checked (in addition to several other teams) by Russell Wilson (wonder if his feelings have changed now?), we've been linked to virtually nobody else of note. JJSS? I'll believe it when we actually sign him. But I'm still a bit hesitant about him anyway (despite liking him). And now our best guys are leaving or discontent enough to ask for their release amid rumors of lockeroom accountability and morale being lacking. 

3 mediocre seasons into the Gruden 2.0 tenure, and we're increasingly looking like a dumpster fire, not a team on the rise. We've blown draft picks, blown trades, signed stupid contracts, focused on 1 year bandaid fixes left and right, pushed out the good players we had, and looked increasingly worse on the field. 

We have virtually no depth on the O-line. No depth on the D-line. No depth at RB. No depth at WR. No depth at CB. No depth at LB. No depth at S. We came into the offseason with a ton of holes to fill. We've addressed 1 need, while allowing numerous others to walk out the door- to the point we self-created a new need for a Center for "reasons". The top FAs at our positions of need are virtually signed, with a few unlikely to sign with us stragglers left. We're pining over an injury prone G who hasn't played football in well over a year to come out of retirement to magically fill a hole? FFS! Kyle is a Duck. I'd love more Ducks on this team! But are we seriously seeing people on here pining for Kyle F'n Long to come save our O-line? Seriously?

And what of our other positions of need? We have more needs than we have draft picks. And with our inability to attract guys, whether it's management or the unnecessary complexity of our "schemes", we're looking at going into yet another season of playing rotational guys as key starters. It's pathetic. 

At this point, trade Jacobs. RBs are a dime a dozen and he only has a couple of years left before his style catches up to him. Trade Carr. F it, trade Waller too. Collect those high picks so Mayock can do something else stupid with them and maybe get canned for someone with the testicular fortitude to tell Chucky he's just a clueless mark for himself. Trade the damn stadium too. And go get Deshaun Watson or Russell Wilson so we can fail (albeit MAYBE a bit more spectacularly) and people will finally wisen up to the fact that there is absolutely no redeeming Gruden and there is no "vision" to play towards other than getting rid of him. I mean, there isn't a true vision. We've watched the Cleveland Browns go from the basement to legit contenders over the last 3 years. Miami? Washington? San Francisco? Arizona? Buffalo? And here we are, stuck in mediocrity, doing the same ignorant crap that got us here to begin with. 

Up to 5 new starters on O and ideally 5 on D are needed. To be fair, that's assuming Ferrell and Abram and Arnette don't further prove to be utterly replaceable, Littleton actually progresses, Yannick actually works out, and Ruggs and/or Edwards transform into a legitimate #2 at least (which neither really showed the ability to actually do yet). That's a ridiculous amount of "if's". With Abram, Arnette, Ruggs, and Edwards in particular, it's not even about taking the "next" step at this point. They still need to take the first step. Yet we're currently relying on them to all do so? Good grief! 

We went from talking about potentially needing to replace a RT and a G in the draft/FA a week ago to wondering what we're doing at RT, both G positions, and C. We were talking about the prospects of signing 2 or 3 real solid positions on D via FA and reinforcing the D and OL in the draft to searching for starters, inching increasingly closer to settling for more Carl Nassib and Sam Young types to do so with. We're practically incapable of fielding anything more than constant replacement level talent. 

Jesus, no wonder Hudson probably asked for his release. 

LOL this is exactly what I’m talking about. One bad move and everything but the Raiders of done in the last three years have be so terrible. In three years we haven’t done anything right and we are 30th and everything and we’re picking number one overall because of one bad move that happened today

with Nelson Agholor you mean to tell me that a receiver that we signed for 1 million(Who by the way everybody on here was talking trash about around this time last year) has a good season where he has career highs in basically every category(because surprise Gruden is actually a good offensive  mind that knows how to make lemonade with the lemons that he gets) and gets 13 million a year somewhere else. Then we come to the conclusion that the reason why receiver that gets a $12 million raise is disgruntled and that’s why he left lol. Just think about that for a second.

Now you’re saying that Ngakoue was signed by us because our defensive coordinator is the only coach that knows how to use him properly lol(This wasnt mentioned yesterday this was mentioned today because Rodney Hudson got cut). If Gus Bradley is the only person who knows how to use Ngakoue then can you please explain to me 1. why hey he had his best year the year after Gus Bradley got fired and 2. Why has he never had less than eight sacks in a season regardless of where he’s played or who he’s played for(i’m sure you probably didn’t know by what you said earlier that Gus Bradley only had him his rookie year). 

Rodney Hudson got cut so everybody on our team sucks and should be traded I get you on that lol. Rodney Hudson got cut so We are a bottom 10 team picking at 17 I get that lol

Rodney Hudson got cut so now it makes sense that Antonio Brown froze his feet and called Mike Mayock a cracker and it makes sense the Trent Brown came overweight after being paid the highest right tackle in the NFL And played 16 game in two years. Makes sense to me lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drfrey13 said:

Does anybody want to argue my point now that we could take posters from this board and do better than our team.  Gruden's total control and ego combined with the chip on his shoulder from winning a Super Bowl with Dungy's defense has led to this dumpster fire.  The only way to put it out is for Davis and/or Mayock to grow a pair and put him in his place.  Not likely but it is the best choice.  If Davis puts him on a time out and he quits does he still receive the money.  I would think quitting would qualify as a breach of contract but I do not know much about coaches contracts.  Who am I kidding.  I do not even understand the warranty on my car.

Oh I know a few who would. Cue the "Well they're in their position for a reason, because they are experts and you're not" responses. 

If the legal field taught me ANYTHING, it is that nepotism and connections will always (and I do mean EVERY SINGLE TIME) trump actual skill and results. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...