2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Williams is going to be way more expensive than that. He was a top 3 IDL this season along with Donald and Chris Jones. Those 2 are making 20M/Y.

I'd say at least 18/Y for Williams.

Is he worth that? He never showed much until this season with the Giants. Would you be getting that player going forward or the guy that played for the Jets?

I have to imagine after trading for him, the Giants will resign him. Their GM loves DLine 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Is he worth that? He never showed much until this season with the Giants. Would you be getting that player going forward or the guy that played for the Jets?

I have to imagine after trading for him, the Giants will resign him. Their GM loves DLine 

I don't know. He played at this level this season though. Amongst DTs, he was 2nd in sacks and 3rd in pressures. If that's the player you're getting, he's well worth it.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:40 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I’ll take Allen Robinson or Kenny for an extra 5-6m then pay big on Agholor...

Basically at present we have 12 million sunk into Agholor and Williams for 48 receptions and 900 yards plus 8 TDs. If Agholor could be signed for around 7 or 8M I'd probably do that unless for the 12M we could get a clear upgrade. Golloday or Robinson would likely cost 50% more so you have to weigh that up with what else you could spend the money on. Personally, I'd really like one of those two but feel the money would be better spent on Agholor plus Defence.

Of course we do have the option to let Agholor walk and hope that Williams if fit can replace that production, maybe with a pay cut?? 

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't know. He played at this level this season though. Amongst DTs, he was 2nd in sacks and 3rd in pressures. If that's the player you're getting, he's well worth it.

Safest bet is to sign him with a ton of incentives.  Each sack gets you 500k/1M type of deal.  It can be worth up to 20M but we better get a dozen sacks to go with it.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Basically at present we have 12 million sunk into Agholor and Williams for 48 receptions and 900 yards plus 8 TDs. If Agholor could be signed for around 7 or 8M I'd probably do that unless for the 12M we could get a clear upgrade. Golloday or Robinson would likely cost 50% more so you have to weigh that up with what else you could spend the money on. Personally, I'd really like one of those two but feel the money would be better spent on Agholor plus Defence.

Of course we do have the option to let Agholor walk and hope that Williams if fit can replace that production, maybe with a pay cut?? 

Wouldn't bet on T. Williams at all.  Agholor just played an entire season for us and clearly had good chemistry with DC.  Keep Agholor IMO is the best bet.  He may be even better next season (Like D. Waller after a full season with DC).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Safest bet is to sign him with a ton of incentives.  Each sack gets you 500k/1M type of deal.  It can be worth up to 20M but we better get a dozen sacks to go with it.

Yeah but he's probably getting a deal from someone where he's getting his money no matter what.

I really don't see the incentive for Williams to sign here. Unless we make him the highest or second highest paid inside dlineman. The top free agents usually want big signing bonuses. For whatever reason we are usually against doing that. I think guys like Williams and Robinson are fairy tales for the Raiders unless they crazy overpay. 

4 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

Starting point: 17.9 mil over the cap per Spotrac

Cuts: 61.6 MIL TOTAL SAVED - Trent(14 mil), Tyrell(11.6 mil), Joyner(8.7mil), Mariota(10.7), Nassib (3.7), Incognito(6.3), Richard(3.5), Heath(3.1)... If a few can be traded for 5-7th round picks, ship em.  

Restructure/Extensions: Carr - 5 year/150 mil, lower ‘21 base to 10 mil, 12 mil cap savings spread out over next 5 years for cap hits of about 32.5 mil in ‘22-‘26 seasons (if doing that correctly)... Gabe Jackson - 4 year/40 mil, lower ‘21 base to 2 mil, 7.6 mil cap savings spread out over next 4 years for cap hits of about 11.9 in ‘22-‘25 seasons.

Start of free agency cap space: 63.6 mil

WR Nelson Agholor - 2 year/15 mil (7.5 mil cap figure per year) as being reported could be done soon

OG Denzelle Good - 2 year/10 mil (5 mil cap figure per year)

FS Justin Simmons - 5 year/75 mil (‘21 12 mil cap figure, 16.25 mil in subsequent seasons)

DT Leonard Williams - 4 year/48 mil (12 mil cap figure per year)

RT Taylor Moton - 5 year/72.5 mil (‘21 12.5 mil cap figure, 15 mil in subsequent seasons)

LB Denzelle Perryman 3 year/18 mil (‘21 4 mil cap figure, 7 mil in subsequent seasons) 

Resign Vic Beasley and Tak McKinley to a vet minimum deals with incentives. 

Resign Raekwon McMillan to vet minimum deal. 

53 mil spent in free agency, 8.6 mil left for Draft class

Don’t know enough about the draft prospects as of yet, but going to say if the off-season played out like this, I would say biggest needs would be DT Round 1 to compete with Hurst for spot next to Leonard Williams, Edge rusher round 2 to compete with Crosby, Ferrell, Beasley and Key, backup QB round 3 that can be groomed, backup RB round 4 to replace Booker, rest of draft could be more Safety and corner depth. Besides that, year 2 and 3 improvements from previous 2 draft classes, improved defense from additions, draftees and coaching and we could be a legit contender. 

I’m not trying to be mean or anything but no way Williams goes for 12m apy. He’s getting bare minimum 18m, possibly 20m.  But I absolutely would love the signings... only one I don’t adore if Perryman.  I’d probably not go above 3.5m for Good, as he’s a career backup.  He’s capable of starting but shouldn’t.  I don’t see him having a huge market.

I’d love to swap TB for Moton, even mentioned it before... but said I don’t think we can afford that.

I could see Mayock be less financially conservative with the cap this year as he knows he’s on the hot seat and the cap will be going up next year.  We did see him go away from the roster bonus instead of a signing bonus and no dead cap after year 1 on the Littleton deal... we’ll initially it didn’t have that but it was quickly restructured.  He restructured Joyner like that too at the end of his first year, before the calendar year ended.

The contract structure was one of the things I liked best about McKenzie, but I’d be willing to move away from that on a few deals if we can get some top FAs.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

David Carr and a few blogs have mentioned that Mack's contract is now tradable. That's what I want now until the Bears say he isn't available.

I'm not giving up crap for Mack.  Not that he isn't talented, but to take a 26M per season contract off their hands is plenty.  I would do a late round pick at most and still feel like at best we are splitting even.  26M during a year when the salary cap just dropped like 20M.  Crazy.

Edit:  I'll trade them Marcus Mariota and T. Brown.  That keeps the cap even and gives them a QB and OT that they can probably use.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I'm not giving up crap for Mack.  Not that he isn't talented, but to take a 26M per season contract off their hands is plenty.  I would do a late round pick at most and still feel like at best we are splitting even.  26M during a year when the salary cap just dropped like 20M.  Crazy.

Edit:  I'll trade them Marcus Mariota and T. Brown.  That keeps the cap even and gives them a QB and OT that they can probably use.

If we traded for him, we don't owe him the signing bonus (which as a signing bonus is already paid). It'd be roughly a 4y at 17apy deal.

• Like 2