2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, reddevil said:

I think people are misreading why some of us are disappointed and why we are concerned about the nature of the Hudson release. It is not solely about the individual players or the moves in isolation.

Is it not at all concerning to you that our most consistent, one of our only truly elite team players, who so happened to be a captain and leader wanted out in the first place? When you read the reports of disquiet behind the scenes and the rumours of dysfunction, lack of plan and direction does it not make you question whether we are likely to see progress and ultimately sustained success? Why is it that we do not have enough fully fledged and embedded starters or hardly any difference makers in the team after such a long time and when we get one, we can’t keep them?

For so many of us, it just feels all too familiar. We’ve seen this before and we know how it goes. 

That's the part I do get. But I just feel like we have to see how it plays out. If it ends up playing out horribly I'll be the first one to say it played out horribly but the reality is free agency starts at 1 PM today meaning the off-season is not over by any stretch of imagination.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Sure. Just temper your expectations. 

Oh of course I'm not expecting them to be pro bowlers. I'm saying we can find guards that are cheaper than the ones we had because guard is an oversaturated position And put up similar production. That's how the NFL works. 

If the team believes in Andre James he doesn't half to be Rodney Hudson to be a starter and be a quality center. And to be clear he doesn't need to be Rodney Hudson for the offense of line to be successful either. Rodney Hudson is the best center in the league but you don't need the best center in the league to be successful.

Edited by Jeremy408

13 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I think people are misreading why some of us are disappointed and why we are concerned about the nature of the Hudson release. It is not solely about the individual players or the moves in isolation.

Is it not at all concerning to you that our most consistent, one of our only truly elite team players, who so happened to be a captain and leader wanted out in the first place? When you read the reports of disquiet behind the scenes and the rumours of dysfunction, lack of plan and direction does it not make you question whether we are likely to see progress and ultimately sustained success? Why is it that we do not have enough fully fledged and embedded starters or hardly any difference makers in the team after such a long time and when we get one, we can’t keep them?

For so many of us, it just feels all too familiar. We’ve seen this before and we know how it goes. 

I'm just enjoying the ride man.  I can't do anything but sit here as a fan and talk football with fellow Raiders fans.  All I can do at the end of the day is hope things turn out well.  I have no control over the franchise.  All I can do is just hope for the best.  So yeah, I won't really concern myself with Hudson.  I'm more concerned with what we're going to do to make the playoffs.  Currently we signed Yannick, Morrow, and a new WR I keep forgetting the name of.  If we sign or draft decent players at C, DT, RT, CB, and FS, I won't be concerned at all.  We'll continue to see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Is our roster better or worse . .  . right now worse. 
is FA over . . nope
have we had the draft . . nope

Still time for us to make improvements. 
2021 playoff chances were going to be 50-50 at best. 

Unfortunately releasing so much of the Oline shows that gruden / mayock /our players, realized we are still a bit away. 
It is smart business to realize you are still far away and make moves with future implications.

See, this the part I have trouble with. We have so little patience with draft picks like Miller and Ferrell but so much patience and optimism with Gruden 2. 

Gruden came back in 2018 and took over a squad 1year removed from going to the playoffs and which had gone 18 - 14 over the previous two seasons. He's inherited a side with a keystone player on offence and defence and proceeded to trade our best player, make numerous dreadful, impulsive trades and made a terrible hand picked hire for DC. He's into his 4th free agency and has had 3 full drafts, in fact more than full as we've had numerous 1sts and yet, here we are with a team that finished 8-8 after going 4-12 and 7-9 and has a new DC and scheme and is retooling yet again. 

Meanwhile, crappy teams like Miami, Washington and Cleveland have somehow managed to turn themselves around and made the playoffs. How can we take so long, they had worse starting squads than us? Heck, at this rate Detroit will make the playoffs before us. I said last year that I expected playoffs to show genuine improvement but now it looks like people are still not expecting playoffs this coming season. And they seem to be OK with that?

When will Gruden be held accountable? He's already had longer than most and underachieved more than most given his resources. No more excuses for me, playoffs or out this year IMO. 

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

See, this the part I have trouble with. We have so little patience with draft picks like Miller and Ferrell but so much patience and optimism with Gruden 2. 

Gruden came back in 2018 and took over a squad 1year removed from going to the playoffs and which had gone 18 - 14 over the previous two seasons. He's inherited a side with a keystone player on offence and defence and proceeded to trade our best player, make numerous dreadful, impulsive trades and made a terrible hand picked hire for DC. He's into his 4th free agency and has had 3 full drafts, in fact more than full as we've had numerous 1sts and yet, here we are with a team that finished 8-8 after going 4-12 and 7-9 and has a new DC and scheme and is retooling yet again. 

Meanwhile, crappy teams like Miami, Washington and Cleveland have somehow managed to turn themselves around and made the playoffs. How can we take so long, they had worse starting squads than us? Heck, at this rate Detroit will make the playoffs before us. I said last year that I expected playoffs to show genuine improvement but now it looks like people are still not expecting playoffs this coming season. And they seem to be OK with that?

When will Gruden be held accountable? He's already had longer than most and underachieved more than most given his resources. No more excuses for me, playoffs or out this year IMO. 

hmm my bad if my post came across as suportive of Gruden lol
Ive been over Gruden since the Mack Trade. 

• Like 1