Jump to content

2021 Free Agency


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd trade 17 rn no questions asked. And more.

Maybe we could work Mariota into the deal to lower the pick and offset some of the salary. Bears are not really in the range for one of the top prospects and FA QBs aren't that inspiring outside Prescott and he's going to want a huge deal probably.

Really unlikely though I guess..........

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jerry said:

Safest bet is to sign him with a ton of incentives.  Each sack gets you 500k/1M type of deal.  It can be worth up to 20M but we better get a dozen sacks to go with it.

Absolutely zero chance LW takes those incentive terms.... in fact if you even said something like that to his agent he’d rightfully immediately hang up on you and block your number.  The top DT in FA... at 26yo..... coming off a 11.5 sack, 30 QB hit-52 pressures, 57 tackle season!

you think we get to dictate the terms of LWs deal and can make it incentive based?  I’m genuinely not trying to be nasty/mean..... but come on! 
 

we’ll have to get into a bidding war..... after we sell LW on why we’re the team with the best future for him.  We better roll out a long, plush red carpet cuz if we don’t he’s moving to the next team.

LW is going to have teams starting the offers at 4y, 72m with 25m SB and 36m (50% guaranteed).  Kenny Clarke’s deal is the starting point.  The only incentives he’s going to take are in addition to the 18-20m apy with 50% guaranteed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jerry There are the kind of incentives you're talking about in the contract Jones signed with KC last season but they're just bonus earnings on top of his base 20M/Y contract. So it's hard to imagine Williams would take anything with a much lower base than Jones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Trojan said:

If we traded for him, we don't owe him the signing bonus (which as a signing bonus is already paid). It'd be roughly a 4y at 17apy deal.

Alright.  Well Maybe just Marcus Mariota for Mack.  Gotta sell them that Chargers game for sure lol.  Maybe a 3rd round or later too.  I'm not giving them the whole barn.  Not with this upcoming salary cap we're about to have this upcoming season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Absolutely zero chance LW takes those incentive terms.... in fact if you even said something like that to his agent he’d rightfully immediately hang up on you and block your number.  The top DT in FA... at 26yo..... coming off a 11.5 sack, 30 QB hit-52 pressures, 57 tackle season!

you think we get to dictate the terms of LWs deal and can make it incentive based?  I’m genuinely not trying to be nasty/mean..... but come on! 
 

we’ll have to get into a bidding war..... after we sell LW on why we’re the team with the best future for him.  We better roll out a long, plush red carpet cuz if we don’t he’s moving to the next team.

LW is going to have teams starting the offers at 4y, 72m with 25m SB and 36m (50% guaranteed).  Kenny Clarke’s deal is the starting point.  The only incentives he’s going to take are in addition to the 18-20m apy with 50% guaranteed.  

I don't take offense to anything.  I enjoy getting into heated/respectful arguments.  I come here to argue with genuine Raiders fans.  I agree with your assessment.  Guy is an animal.  Hopefully Mark Davis and Mike Mayock come out swinging like we did when we signed Trent Brown (while cutting T. Brown to make room for his contract).

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

@Jerry There are the kind of incentives you're talking about in the contract Jones signed with KC last season but they're just bonus earnings on top of his base 20M/Y contract. So it's hard to imagine Williams would take anything with a much lower base than Jones.

I get it.  Guess T. Brown and T. Williams are cap casualties to make room for L. Williams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man it would be awesome to somehow find a way to bring in both Mack and L. Williams this offseason.  Our defense would change over night.  I would definitely throw draft capital, players, cut some players, make the moves necessary to bring them both in.  We would become a playoff contender immediately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Man it would be awesome to somehow find a way to bring in both Mack and L. Williams this offseason.  Our defense would change over night.  I would definitely throw draft capital, players, cut some players, make the moves necessary to bring them both in.  We would become a playoff contender immediately.

Mack is going to be 30 in one month, I'd pass.  He will start to physically decline very shortly and his last 2 years he has averaged 8.75 sacks.  He certainly hasn't lived up to that massive contract and he plays on a D with a lot of talent surrounding him, which he wouldn't have on this trash heap.  He has one or two good seasons left and and at 20 per season I think that money can be better spent elsewhere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Mack is going to be 30 in one month, I'd pass.  He will start to physically decline very shortly and his last 2 years he has averaged 8.75 sacks.  He certainly hasn't lived up to that massive contract and he plays on a D with a lot of talent surrounding him, which he wouldn't have on this trash heap.  He has one or two good seasons left and and at 20 per season I think that money can be better spent elsewhere.

17M per season and yeah, 8.75 sacks isn't enough to warrant that kind of contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love Leonard Williams but as @big_palooka said I'm not sure the Giants let him go after they gave up 2020 draft capital to acquire him and franchise tagged him last offseason to keep him. IIRC, he's eligible for the tag again so if they don't agree to a long term deal can't they just tag him again? I'd also be a little weary of paying him elite DL money because if you do are you getting the guy that had 0.5 sacks in 2019 or the guy that had 11.5 sacks in 2020 during a contract year. 

That's also a reason I'd be weary of signing Nelly to big starting WR money. Cause if you do, you really have to hope he can be consistent, which is something he couldn't do in Philly and the main reason they let him walk in free agency despite lacking weapons in the passing game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other potential FA DL options

Bud Dupree: Coming off of a torn ACL and with the Steelers extending Heyward it's pretty much guaranteed that he'll hit free agency. 

Matt Judon: I've read Baltimore won't be able to afford him so he should hit the FA market. 

Shaq Barrett: After his crazy breakout season he wasn't able to sustain his production so TB may let him test the market.

Jadeveon Clowney: He missed half the season and had 0 sacks in the 8 games he did play so Tennessee will definitely let him test the market. 

Melvin Ingram: With Bosa's extension and his age the Chargers will definitely let him test the market. 

Yannick Ngakoue: The Ravens just paid Humphrey/Stanley and have Jackson's extension on the horizon so he could very well hit the market. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd love Leonard Williams but as @big_palooka said I'm not sure the Giants let him go after they gave up 2020 draft capital to acquire him and franchise tagged him last offseason to keep him. IIRC, he's eligible for the tag again so if they don't agree to a long term deal can't they just tag him again? I'd also be a little weary of paying him elite DL money because if you do are you getting the guy that had 0.5 sacks in 2019 or the guy that had 11.5 sacks in 2020 during a contract year. 

That's also a reason I'd be weary of signing Nelly to big starting WR money. Cause if you do, you really have to hope he can be consistent, which is something he couldn't do in Philly and the main reason they let him walk in free agency despite lacking weapons in the passing game. 

It's very likely they won't let him leave but that'd probably mean they won't re-sign Tomlinson and that's another guy we should target. They don't fill the same role at all but we could use either one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't take offense to anything.  I enjoy getting into heated/respectful arguments.  I come here to argue with genuine Raiders fans.  I agree with your assessment.  Guy is an animal.  Hopefully Mark Davis and Mike Mayock come out swinging like we did when we signed Trent Brown (while cutting T. Brown to make room for his contract).

I get it.  Guess T. Brown and T. Williams are cap casualties to make room for L. Williams.

Thanks.... I just wanted to make sure it was construed that my disagreement with the statement not the person.  I’d absolutely love to Get LW tho.... and hopefully the bidding way doesn’t get too crazy.  I think there’s a good chance we’d be viewed as a good landing spot.  money dominates the consideration but if all things are equal I think we could have an advantage.  He grew up a raiders fan..... wanted badly for us to draft him.....  Great new stadium And facilities, that every player raves about... new DC whose had success and seems to be generally highly regarded by players and The same thing for Marinelli the DL coach.... and overall a playoff caliber team (assuming we make some additions on defense)

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Other potential FA DL options

Bud Dupree: Coming off of a torn ACL and with the Steelers extending Heyward it's pretty much guaranteed that he'll hit free agency. 

Matt Judon: I've read Baltimore won't be able to afford him so he should hit the FA market. 

Shaq Barrett: After his crazy breakout season he wasn't able to sustain his production so TB may let him test the market.

Jadeveon Clowney: He missed half the season and had 0 sacks in the 8 games he did play so Tennessee will definitely let him test the market. 

Melvin Ingram: With Bosa's extension and his age the Chargers will definitely let him test the market. 

Yannick Ngakoue: The Ravens just paid Humphrey/Stanley and have Jackson's extension on the horizon so he could very well hit the market. 

 

Solid list... ideally we can pair one of those edge with Big Kat. Likely only be able to add one of those guys, I’ll shoot 2 of them. Nothing be good things can happen when you invest in the trenches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Solid list... ideally we can pair one of those edge with Big Kat. Likely only be able to add one of those guys, I’ll shoot 2 of them. Nothing be good things can happen when you invest in the trenches.

I think we'd only be able to afford to pay one pass rusher in free agency, either Leonard or one of the guys that I mentioned. I'd be fine with just adding one and then looking to go DL with our first two picks in the draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...