2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

And at this point, I’m looking for a Round 1 RT, Round 2 FS, Round 3 #79 RB, Round #80 DT, Round 4 DE, Round 5 Center, Round 7 WR. Round 1 and Round 2 are interchangeable in my eyes depending on value but I’m still leaning towards RT round 1 to book end with Miller and add a potential 8-10 year starter. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

those two are interesting... still want FS or CB but those are interesting

JuJu and Golladay? Think about 4 WR sets with one of them and Ruggs, Edwards and Brown. I mean at this point maybe either take a 1-2 year fully guaranteed deal like Yannick did and try to capitalize on the increased cap next year.. 1-2 years at 13-14 mil each with no state tax = 15+ anywhere not named Florida pretty much. We could still sign any available FS/CB combo out there for 16-20 mil combined. 

15 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We need to get the 3T figured out before anything else.  Without a push up the middle it will not matter who we have on the edges.  QBs will just continue to step up in the pocket.

I think we brought in Thomas and Jefferson to battle with Hurst in training camp to have a rotation at 3T. 

5 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

JuJu and Golladay? Think about 4 WR sets with one of them and Ruggs, Edwards and Brown. I mean at this point maybe either take a 1-2 year fully guaranteed deal like Yannick did and try to capitalize on the increased cap next year.. 1-2 years at 13-14 mil each with no state tax = 15+ anywhere not named Florida pretty much. We could still sign any available FS/CB combo out there for 16-20 mil combined. 

This forum's obsession with adding WR's is fascinating. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Lol see. It’s simple. You don’t watch film so you have to resort to calling people that do watch film names like couch GM and dancing around a narrative so you can ignore the fact that you don’t watch film. You left out the contradictory argument this time which actually impressed me.

in the last game he played as a cowboy which is after the PED a suspension he had a sack in that game. Didn’t seem like he needed the juice for that. 

in the fact that you would cite The reality that he came out of retirement after not playing for two years out of shape midseason as a failure to crack the starting lineup effectively creating another narrative the fact that you didn’t watch film on him.

If Irving was on the open market today how much would he command as a free agent?  You clearly think he is on the same level as Rankins based on all of the "film you've watched" so if he was a free agent what do you think he would command?

Also based on all of this time you've spent evaluating film on David Irving lol where do you project him to fit in on this team and give me a stat projection for him on this year.  

15 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

I would still go get a CB/FS on good value. If Kenny G and Juju still out there in a few weeks, like Clowney last year. Maybe I'll try to get on a discount 

27 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

And at this point, I’m looking for a Round 1 RT, Round 2 FS, Round 3 #79 RB, Round #80 DT, Round 4 DE, Round 5 Center, Round 7 WR. Round 1 and Round 2 are interchangeable in my eyes depending on value but I’m still leaning towards RT round 1 to book end with Miller and add a potential 8-10 year starter. 

If a potential number 1 CB is on the board like Horn I would take him over a RT.  Mullin is a number 2 and Arnette is at best a #2.  We need a lockdown #1.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would still go get a CB/FS on good value. If Kenny G and Juju still out there in a few weeks, like Clowney last year. Maybe I'll try to get on a discount 

I agree, but all 3 can be accomplished if the want to is there. 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If a potential number 1 CB is on the board like Horn I would take him over a RT.  Mullin is a number 2 and Arnette is at best a #2.  We need a lockdown #1.

That works too.. Guess it just depends how we finish up free agency, and a solid RT can still be around in 2nd and 3rd rounds, albeit some reasoning why.. But I’m all for CB round 1, FS round 2 and OT round 3 depending on the quality of free agent we sign at those positions.  

• Like 1