2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Too bad this is one of the weakest safety classes in recent memory.

moehrig is a first round pick and would fit this scheme. Grant would be a great pick in round 2 along with Cisco if you can settle him down. While it doesn't have the top 10 pick there are guys who would excel right away at FS in this scheme

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

lol at Jeff Heath at FS. We're gonna set the record again for most points allowed. 

Heath is a borderline starting safety in Guenther's defense but not a great fit in Bradley's.  He would be a decent backup but not at his current salary.  We are better off going in a different direction.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

moehrig is a first round pick and would fit this scheme. Grant would be a great pick in round 2 along with Cisco if you can settle him down. While it doesn't have the top 10 pick there are guys who would excel right away at FS in this scheme

Moehrig is a projection at single high FS in my opinion. He takes bad angles to the ball, which does not translate well to a high safety spot. Plus, Moehrig would by far be one of the worst choices the team could make at 17 considering what other prospects I anticipate will be available. He is firmly a second rounder to me.

I like Grant and Cisco (I think they're better single high prospects that Moehrig), but I like the edges available in the second round better.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Heath is a borderline starting safety in Guenther's defense but not a great fit in Bradley's.  He would be a decent backup but not at his current salary.  We are better off going in a different direction.

Without watching and analyzing the games myself, I can't take your word for it. I know Heath is very athletic and has played a lot of games in the NFL. Often times what I find after watching the film myself is that players are more than their reputation. I have always gotten the impression that Heath is a better player than Cowboys fans said, and I thought he played pretty well last year all things considered.

Plus, Guenther was known for starting bad players and benching good ones.

Edited by Rich7sena

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

moehrig is not a projection its a know fact that he is a single high FS. You're also trying to tell me Jeff Heath is a single high FS as well. so idk what to tell you bud

How? TCU is not a single high defense. And I said that I wonder if the staff things Heath can play single high. I haven't studied whether he can or not. The one bit of analysis I posted suggests that he can.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

How? TCU is not a single high defense. And I said that I wonder if the staff things Heath can play single high. I haven't studied whether he can or not. The one bit of analysis I posted suggests that he can.

The Cowboys ran a little bit of single high but still...

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The Cowboys ran a little bit of single high but still...

And I'm pretty sure Heath played that role if I remember correctly. No idea if he played it well. Fact is, noone is speaking with authority about Heath's quality of play because few people actually watch film.

I'm a big Gamepass fan, but I haven't invested in it yet this year. 

Edited by Rich7sena