2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Sherman is starting to make more and more sense to me. If we play a lot of cover 3, we need a leader who can bring accountability and line guys up. Plus get them going in the meeting room. And Sherman has played very well for the 49ers, albeit with a very good pass rush. If the price is right, I'm not opposed to it.

Granted, I'd rather have potentially Casey Hayward or one of the younger dudes, but we need to get a vet in here ASAP.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sherman is starting to make more and more sense to me. If we play a lot of cover 3, we need a leader who can bring accountability and line guys up. Plus get them going in the meeting room. And Sherman has played very well for the 49ers, albeit with a very good pass rush. If the price is right, I'm not opposed to it.

Granted, I'd rather have potentially Casey Hayward or one of the younger dudes, but we need to get a vet in here ASAP.

Yeah my only problem before with Sherman is that he needs a pass rush to be successful but I feel like we’ve upgraded the pass rush enough for him to actually be a positive. I would just rather have the safety situation taken care of

32 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The Patriots are reportedly taking calls on Gilmore...

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Browns signed John Johnson and now Troy Hill. Taking all my favorite players. Smh.

Rich getting richer.  Still crazy how they can afford these players.  I feel like they have so many highly paid players on their team.  Just crazy.

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Hopefully now that we re-upped Riddick we let Richard go. No need to carry 4 RBs on the roster with Ingold. Plus doesn’t Richard make like $3.5M?

He does.  Cut Richard, Mariota, Nassib, 17M in cap.  We can sign a FS and CB today.  We'll see what happens.