2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We could give Drake $11M GTD but couldn’t give Anthony Harris a 1 yr/$5M prove it deal?!?!?!?!?

Crazy.. I doubt it’s a money issue, maybe something on tape they didn’t like, maybe Bradley has a better system fit or they like better options in round 1 or 2. 

could have just cut Nassib and Mariota and had JuJu and Harris for their money. 

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 1

the consensus seems to be that harris excels as a split field safety... i imagine Guenther would have wanted him. bradley's cover 3 uses a lot of single high looks (with abram playing the chancellor role a lot closer to the box). Malik Hooker, Tre Boston, and even Clinton-Dix have more experience in the single-high centerfield role

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

the consensus seems to be that harris excels as a split field safety... i imagine Guenther would have wanted him. bradley's cover 3 uses a lot of single high looks (with abram playing the chancellor role a lot closer to the box). Malik Hooker, Tre Boston, and even Clinton-Dix have more experience in the single-high centerfield role

We might need a young guy with the speed/range to actually play single high.  I agree though Hooker should be the guy. Maybe Boston.

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m Soooooo in at 13M.... fudge it give him 14M if he signs right now!

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm 1000% in.

With JuJu taking $8 and AB signing his tag as quick as possible I think the price for Golladay might end up being in the range.  

On a side note just saw that Anthony Harris signed for $5 million.  Could have had him and King for a combined $8 million.  I hope there is a plan in place because those 2 would have solidified our secondary for next year.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

With JuJu taking $8 and AB signing his tag as quick as possible I think the price for Golladay might end up being in the range.  

On a side note just saw that Anthony Harris signed for $5 million.  Could have had him and King for a combined $8 million.  I hope there is a plan in place because those 2 would have solidified our secondary for next year.

I think it must have been them not wanting to sign. No way we didn't offer something similar.

39 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We might need a young guy with the speed/range to actually play single high.  I agree though Hooker should be the guy. Maybe Boston.

I hope we are going for Hooker now but we would need to have a decent backup.  I still do not know why we are keeping Heath and Richard for next year.  Those two with MM saves over $17 million.  Could probably sign Golladay and Hooker for the amount.

32 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I hope we are going for Hooker now but we would need to have a decent backup.  I still do not know why we are keeping Heath and Richard for next year.  Those two with MM saves over $17 million.  Could probably sign Golladay and Hooker for the amount.

I like Heath as a backup free safety. He made more plays than any of our other safeties combined. But Richard needs to be gone asap.

31 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I like Heath as a backup free safety. He made more plays than any of our other safeties combined. But Richard needs to be gone asap.

I am not against keeping Heath but not at $3 million.  I would give him a 3 yr $5 million dollar extension.  I do not like spending that much on a backup S especially with the money some of these better players are signing for.

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not against keeping Heath but not at $3 million.  I would give him a 3 yr $5 million dollar extension.  I do not like spending that much on a backup S especially with the money some of these better players are signing for.

Eh there are worse things. He can also play strong safety in a pinch.