2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Eh there are worse things. He can also play strong safety in a pinch. 

That is why he is a good 3rd S.  He would be a below average starter at either position but can play at a starters level if we have an injury.  He has value but with what is going on currently we could save some cash and sign someone for cheaper if he is not willing to restructure.  Save a million on a few different deals and it could make a major difference right now.  Posters were expecting JuJu and Anthony Harris to get $13+ each and they both just signed for $13 combined.  Not saying we should have signed those particular players but this year we have the opportunity to improve at a lot of different positions.  If I asked you at the beginning of the season we could sign  John Brown, including incentives, or Anthony Harris for the same price what would you say if I told you we would pick Brown?  If we did not sign Brown do you think we would be in the running for Golladay?  We cut a back up RB, backup S, and not sign what should be at minimum a #3 WR and be in the running for a potential pro bowl WR in his prime.   Golladay's impact would far outweigh the impact of the others. Golladay is what we expected TW to be.  Golladay Waller and Moreau in the redzone and defense would have to leave focus on the pass game.  Jacobs and Drake would almost never face 8 men in the box.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

That is why he is a good 3rd S.  He would be a below average starter at either position but can play at a starters level if we have an injury.  He has value but with what is going on currently we could save some cash and sign someone for cheaper if he is not willing to restructure.  Save a million on a few different deals and it could make a major difference right now.  Posters were expecting JuJu and Anthony Harris to get $13+ each and they both just signed for $13 combined.  Not saying we should have signed those particular players but this year we have the opportunity to improve at a lot of different positions.  If I asked you at the beginning of the season we could sign  John Brown, including incentives, or Anthony Harris for the same price what would you say if I told you we would pick Brown?  If we did not sign Brown do you think we would be in the running for Golladay?  We cut a back up RB, backup S, and not sign what should be at minimum a #3 WR and be in the running for a potential pro bowl WR in his prime.   Golladay's impact would far outweigh the impact of the others. Golladay is what we expected TW to be.  Golladay Waller and Moreau in the redzone and defense would have to leave focus on the pass game.  Jacobs and Drake would almost never face 8 men in the box.

Are we out of the running for Golliday? Signing Brown is not the reason we would be out of the running for him, it's the cash as they are two very different WR's.  

That being said I really didn't consider Golliday a viable candidate to sign because I figured he would be well out of range we should pay for a WR.  A 2 year 24 million prove it deal would be highway robbery for a healthy KG.  He would take this O to the next level.  Can you imagine Golliday, Ruggs, Smoke, Edwards, Renfrow, Waller, Jacobs and Drake.  If Gruden can't make that O elite then he needs to hit the road.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Richie Grant at 48 would be a little rich for my blood. Much prefer to sign someone so we don’t HAVE to make that pick. But it does seem like something we’d do. No way Grant is BPA at 48. Would love to just be able to take the best defensive player at 48 regardless of position. We could get a legit prospect there like Tufele, Ossai, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

No i get what you're saying, but I don't think they would have signed with us at that price. Because I have a hard time believing we didn't offer desmond king/anthony harris these bargain bin prices.

I also think we can cut the heath $ from a lot of other places. Like Arden Key.

50 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Richie Grant at 48 would be a little rich for my blood. Much prefer to sign someone so we don’t HAVE to make that pick. But it does seem like something we’d do. No way Grant is BPA at 48. Would love to just be able to take the best defensive player at 48 regardless of position. We could get a legit prospect there like Tufele, Ossai, etc. 

Grant is really good. Definitely worth 48, but I would feel bad to pass up on a good DL anywhere.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No i get what you're saying, but I don't think they would have signed with us at that price. Because I have a hard time believing we didn't offer desmond king/anthony harris these bargain bin prices.

I also think we can cut the heath $ from a lot of other places. Like Arden Key.

I was just using those players as examples of how you can cut a million here and there and it builds.  That is also why going after Brown right away is a mistake.  YG was the type of player you go for right away and we got a good deal.  If we waited until next week Brown might have signed with someone else or if he was still there we probably get him for $1.5 + incentives.  Since we have places to cut costs does not mean we should ignore other areas.  What the Patriots did was stupid.  They just came out swing and wasted a lot of money.  BB might still make it work but they put themselves at a disadvantage.  We have also but no where near as bad and we have made some good moves to balance it out.  There are still a few sneaky good opportunities out there and I hope we take advantage of some of them.  I have been to judgmental so far and they have done an above average job.  We really need to address a big red-zone WR (Edwards is long term solution and has done nothing for me to rely on him), 3T, FS, and another solid starting o-linemen.  Hopefully we get 3 of the 4.

• Like 1