2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Trevon Moehrig at #17, Richie Grant at #48, or Andre Cisco at #80. 

Best RT available at #17 or trade back, DT Nixon at #48 and Cisco at #80 would be perfect. We also have #79 I think so look for a guy that drops unexpectedly there 👍 one of the DTs or DEs could drop into there I feel. Man, if I was GM'ing we'd have 20 guys on the DL roster 😁😁

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Geezy said:

Hudson was a good trade IMO and we’ve gotten decent value with Mayock In Draft day trades 

I suppose we got ourselves out of a tricky spot that we kinda created, but I wouldn't say we won that trade or anything until we see who we start at OC and how they stack up. A 3rd for an expensive All Pro centre...... He probably still has 2 to 3 years left at a high level, it wasn't terrible for sure but not sure it was a good trade........ Though I will say the compensation was more than I thought we might get 😀

35 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I suppose we got ourselves out of a tricky spot that we kinda created, but I wouldn't say we won that trade or anything until we see who we start at OC and how they stack up. A 3rd for an expensive All Pro centre...... He probably still has 2 to 3 years left at a high level, it wasn't terrible for sure but not sure it was a good trade........ Though I will say the compensation was more than I thought we might get 😀

Yeah, I agree. It was more than we initially thought we'd get. We won't know of any potential negative impact until games start. But the entire ordeal seemed totally unnecessary and looks like we're losing the team. 

If James balls out, we win. If he's capable enough and our additional 3rd nets us a game changer or solid player, we win. 

Or, James could suck and we could trade that 3rd (wtf is it with us and 3rds?) for the rights to Josh Gordon or use it to select Sam Ehlinger to play Slot CB, and I wouldn't be surprised. 

With a 1st, 2nd, and two 3rds, though, we're definitely set up nicely to get some quality talent. 

• Like 1

My ideal scenario at FS and CB is Malik Hooker and Richard Sherman. At CB Casey Hayward is also an intriguing fit. Played under Bradley and used to play a lot of slot CB back in his Packer days. Tre Boston being the consolation prize at FS. Earl Thomas is an absolute wildcard but i don’t see that happening

10 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Yeah but we’re gonna have to eat 4 mil

They were eating 5.75M this season with a release and were saving 3.75M. I think it's better to save more this year and carry the dead money next year when the salary cap should be higher. I'm not even sure that locks him into the 53 though.

13 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

My ideal scenario at FS and CB is Malik Hooker and Richard Sherman. At CB Casey Hayward is also an intriguing fit. Played under Bradley and used to play a lot of slot CB back in his Packer days. Tre Boston being the consolation prize at FS. Earl Thomas is an absolute wildcard but i don’t see that happening

Imo, the most likely options are those who've been cut. So Boston, Hayward, Jackson. We're playing the comp pick game this year.

11 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

What’s the comp pick game? I don’t fully understand how compensatory picks work.

It's a balance between signed FAs and lost FAs for each team. But players who were cut don't count in the formula. So if you sign a player previously cut for 5M and lose one of your own for 5M, you've only lost a player and are eligible for a comp pick. Basically.

John Brown, Quinton Jefferson, Nick Martin were cut. Ngakoue, Drake and Thomas are the only FAs counting in the formula we've signed and we've lost Agholor, Collins, McKinley, Booker, Harris and McMillian. 3 signed, 6 lost. It's not just the number though, contracts are part of the formula too.

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Imo, the most likely options are those who've been cut. So Boston, Hayward, Jackson. We're playing the comp pick game this year.

Tre Boston is who I'd feel most comfortable with if we're going after a FS. He'll only be 29 when the season starts and is familiar with the scheme. He had the best year of his career playing for Bradley in LA with 79 tackles, 5 INT, 8 PD, and an 89.0 coverage grade. 

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Yeah but we’re gonna have to eat 4 mil

Will be interesting to see how the DL rotation plays out as of now we have 11 DL under contract for next season: Ferrell, Crosby, Yannick, Nassib, Key, Hurst, Irving, Hankins, Thomas, Jefferson, and Vickers. 

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

It's a balance between signed FAs and lost FAs for each team. But players who were cut don't count in the formula. So if you sign a player previously cut for 5M and lose one of your own for 5M, you've only lost a player and are eligible for a comp pick. Basically.

John Brown, Quinton Jefferson, Nick Martin were cut. Ngakoue, Drake and Thomas are the only FAs counting in the formula we've signed and we've lost Agholor, Collins, McKinley, Booker, Harris and McMillian. 3 signed, 6 lost. It's not just the number though, contracts are part of the formula too.

I get the game 100% but what are we going for a 5th and 6th round pick?

I wouldn’t let a possible late round comp pick prevent me From getting the FA I want now.