2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Imo, the most likely options are those who've been cut. So Boston, Hayward, Jackson. We're playing the comp pick game this year.

That’s a good point. Boston and Hayward were on my list for a reason, though not that one. Good thinking

The Dolphins just cut 2020 1st round OT Isaiah Wilson after swapping 7th round picks with the Titans to acquire him like a week ago. Apparently he was late for his physical/onboarding process and didn't show up to voluntary workouts that he committed to on Thursday or Friday. 

At 6'6" 350 he has the physical tools Cable likes in a RT. And we've been able to rehab the careers of Nelly, Booker, and Incognito. 

I'd take a swing at him on a minimum deal and try to get his head on straight. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Dolphins just cut 2020 1st round OT Isaiah Wilson after swapping 7th round picks with the Titans to acquire him like a week ago. Apparently he was late for his physical/onboarding process and didn't show up to voluntary workouts that he committed to on Thursday or Friday. 

At 6'6" 350 he has the physical tools Cable likes in a RT. And we've been able to rehab the careers of Nelly, Booker, and Incognito. 

I'd take a swing at him on a minimum deal and try to get his head on straight. 

It doesn’t seem like he wants to play football

12 hours ago, roi34 said:

earl thomas tweeted, what happens in vegas..

then sherman wrote "getting the band back together"

hmmm

Earl and Sherman on cheap deals would be worth it, both are familiar with the scheme, and both played at a high level in 2019. 

59 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I get the game 100% but what are we going for a 5th and 6th round pick?

I wouldn’t let a possible late round comp pick prevent me From getting the FA I want now.

Me neither but, all things being equal, there's a benefit in signing those who were cut. If there's a specific player you just need to sign, you don't care about that. Guys like Boston, Hayward or Jackson aren't lesser options than the other FAs still available imo.

We re-signed Nevin Lawson btw.

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

3 spots left to adress imo.

OT: Dennis Kelly/Ricky Wagner/Cameron Fleming

FS: Malik Hooker/Tre Boston/Xavier Woods/Tashaun Gipson (Earl Thomas?)

CB: A long list...

Isaiah Wilson is back on the market. Just kidding.  That kid is about to go through some serious growing pains if somebody can not get through to him.

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Are we out of the running for Golliday? Signing Brown is not the reason we would be out of the running for him, it's the cash as they are two very different WR's.  

That being said I really didn't consider Golliday a viable candidate to sign because I figured he would be well out of range we should pay for a WR.  A 2 year 24 million prove it deal would be highway robbery for a healthy KG.  He would take this O to the next level.  Can you imagine Golliday, Ruggs, Smoke, Edwards, Renfrow, Waller, Jacobs and Drake.  If Gruden can't make that O elite then he needs to hit the road.  

I do not think we would be out of the running but much more likely to show an active interest if we had not already spent some money on Brown.  I hope they have at least inquired on what he is looking for right now.  Another player i have not heard much on so far is Josh Reynolds.  He would be a nice upside signing if his price was low.  

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Looks like Nevin Lawson is returning. Don’t think he is a bad player but this doesn’t make us any better.

Ngakoue and Drake are the only improvements so far.  Hopefully Jefferson can improve on what Collins did but if he is the same player as last year he will be pointless also.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

USA Today's Mike Jones reports the Rams, Chiefs, Raiders and Cardinals all have interest in free agent Adoree' Jackson.

I would love this move.  Signing him as a number 1 puts Mullin (#2) and Arnette (NB) in their proper position.  

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think we would be out of the running but much more likely to show an active interest if we had not already spent some money on Brown.  I hope they have at least inquired on what he is looking for right now.  Another player i have not heard much on so far is Josh Reynolds.  He would be a nice upside signing if his price was low.  

I read he is looking for 18.5.  Hard pass at that price and zero chance we can afford that.  

Does anyone know how much cap space we have?