2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Adoree obviously makes sense. So does Casey Hayward... good history with Bradley and a long history of playing in the slot.

Both are cuts who don't count in the comp pick formula (unlike Sherman, who I still wouldn't mind at all).

I'm assuming we're somewhat in on all of them. Just need one of the 3.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm assuming we're somewhat in on all of them. Just need one of the 3.

yep. and then just nab a FS... Boston and Clinton-Dix would be playing the comp pick game, Hooker as the option going the other route. that would adequately address the D. still need a RT...

Edited by Turnobili

Is anyone currently feeling good about this roster? Even adding a vet CB/FS, I can't see how this roster can compete with KC in the division or makes the playoffs. Wasn't 2021 suppose to be playoffs or bust?  

The moves feel erratic and roster feels worse than it was a year ago. The Oline feels unstable. There isn't a guy on it who is a stud. Kolton is solid. Add Yannick was a nice, but there are question marks at every other spot. 

This roster feels built more for the future and 2021 being a "prove it" year for a lot of young players and draft picks.

Really don't see any encouraging signs for this coming season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Is anyone currently feeling good about this roster? Even adding a vet CB/FS, I can't see how this roster can compete with KC in the division or makes the playoffs. Wasn't 2021 suppose to be playoffs or bust?  

The moves feel erratic and roster feels worse than it was a year ago. The Oline feels unstable. There isn't a guy on it who is a stud. Kolton is solid. Add Yannick was a nice, but there are question marks at every other spot. 

This roster feels built more for the future and 2021 being a "prove it" year for a lot of young players and draft picks.

Our 2 main problems from last year were red zone defense and interior pass rush.  Have we done anything to improve there?  There are a lot of other areas to improve but those 2 seem to have the biggest impact on games.  I do not think we have done much of anything at all outside of Drake.

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I feel okay about it rn. I see what they're trying to do. It could boom or bust. 

Edge looks a lot better. LB play was fine last year post guenther. Interior is definitely a question mark. Secondary should potentially benefit from more experience and pass rush, but is also a projection.

On offense, the OL was pretty mediocre though last year, something I pointed out several times. So no need to pay them top 3 $.

WR could be better, worse, or the same depending on the rookies development.

RB should be better.

It really comes down to if we can add good veterans in the secondary and draft sensibly. If we do, we definitely can make the playoffs (barring another Gruden collapse). If we don't , we could be looking at another 5-8 win season.

• Like 2

I for one think the offensive line worries are over blown. Tom Cable has been the only coach aside from the TE coach to actually show he can coach these guys up. Andre James play will determine a lot, but they do have a decent back up plan in Nick Martin behind him who is a proven pass blocking center. Still have Miller, Richie and Good. The RT will very much be a rookie but the Raiders played with Sam Young at RT last season lol can only go up from there. Andre James plays to the level Cable thinks he can then the offensive line will be fine and cost you a faction of what you were paying before. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I feel okay about it rn. I see what they're trying to do. It could boom or bust. 

Edge looks a lot better. LB play was fine last year post guenther. Interior is definitely a question mark. Secondary should potentially benefit from more experience and pass rush, but is also a projection.

On offense, the OL was pretty mediocre though last year, something I pointed out several times. So no need to pay them top 3 $.

WR could be better, worse, or the same depending on the rookies development.

RB should be better.

It really comes down to if we can add good veterans in the secondary and draft sensibly. If we do, we definitely can make the playoffs (barring another Gruden collapse). If we don't , we could be looking at another 5-8 win season.

Comparing rosters (and coaching) to other teams in the AFC, I don't see anyway this roster makes a playoff run.

Yannick is the only A player on defense. It should be better, but still looking bottom third of the league to me.

And while the Oline underwhelmed last season, they were great in pass pro which Carr needs. This unit feels completely unstable. A bunch of bargain bin misfits that are an injury away from total collapse.

I see the defense improving, still bottom third of the league. Offense, I see dropping off considerably to a middle of the pack group. I already hear Gruden blaming a new Oline learning to play together.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Comparing rosters (and coaching) to other teams in the AFC, I don't see anyway this roster makes a playoff run.

Yannick is the only A player on defense. It should be better, but still looking bottom third of the league to me.

And while the Oline underwhelmed last season, they were great in pass pro which Carr needs. This unit feels completely unstable. A bunch of bargain bin misfits that are an injury away from total collapse.

I see the defense improving, still bottom third of the league. Offense, I see dropping off considerably to a middle of the pack group. I already hear Gruden blaming a new Oline learning to play together.

It’s a fair assessment. Like I said, this team is still very much in flux. I don’t know what will happen in the next 2 months, but we have the cap and picks to make something good of it. If we don’t, it’s 100% on the front office.

I’m bummed to lose Rodney though. That one hurts. But he wanted out so what can you do?

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I see the defense improving, still bottom third of the league. 

The defense is a huge question mark because of how much Bradley's scheme relies on a 4 man pass rush. If our DL doesn't take a major step forward we're going to be horrible again.