2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think Waller is a better RZ threat than JuJu and I think the staff has faith that Edwards can be a RZ threat in year two. I also think we solved some of our RZ issues by signing Drake who has been one of the better backs in the RZ in the league over the past two seasons. 

Just because you "think" it doesn't make it a fact.  I'm not debating Waller vs Juju and I agree that Waller is a very good RZ threat, my point is that he is our only proven receiving threat in the RZ which as led us to be unproductive in the RZ.  D coordinators key on Waller and we have no one else who is physical and can win contested balls.  Is that really hard to comprehend?

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Just because you "think" it doesn't make it a fact.  I'm not debating Waller vs Juju and I agree that Waller is a very good RZ threat, my point is that he is our only proven receiving threat in the RZ which as led us to be unproductive in the RZ.  D coordinators key on Waller and we have no one else who is physical and can win contested balls.  Is that really hard to comprehend?

I think a lot of our red zone woes were on Gruden and his questionable personnel and play calling decisions. I think the staff has faith that Edwards can be a RZ threat in year 2. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

C, RG and RT are in flux and if you don't think there will be a falloff then I'm looking for a reason as to why? 

I like Brown but he has injury concerns, is 31 and like I said I believe the best we can hope for is a wash as to NA from last season.  

My point in saying we have regressed is because of the massive holes along the Oline that I don't believe the addition of Drake offsets.  

Also if you don't think the D is a bottom 5 unit, where would you rank them and why?  We have no proven interior pass rush, our secondary is a disaster, LB's average at best.  If we are to get out of the bottom 5 you better be banking on YN having a 15 sack season. 

Only real change is Centre.

Right Tackle we had back ups. Just knowing we need a starting RT is better then having one in theory that's never available as you can look for a new starter instead of having a Sam Young. 

Good is no worse then Gabe Jackson. Richie Incognito is better then both. If he stays healthy gaurd has improved.

Brown coming into the team is better then Nelly was coming in. 

Ruggs and Edwards should have a big improvement coming into year two.

Drake is miles better then Booker.

Witten held us back when he played. 

Yannick is going to be in the top 10 edges im pressure this year.  The rotation will help Crosby out too, having sombody like that on the other side on pass rush downs will also help him clean up. 

We did have no inside pressure but right now we have David Irving that should now actually be healthy, Quainton Jefferson is a average 3Tec who in rotation will do some nice things, Solomon Thomas has real upside if he stays inside and healthy, looking to see what Hurst can do with a real DC and Vickers if he makes the team what he looks next year.  Just need one of them guys to make a big step up, well atleast one of them not be as bad as Pj Hall or M.Collins!  Ferrell is perfect for the base end too, I can see him having a break out year if he stays healthy he actually looekd really good last year, on the tape he looked a lot better then his stats said.

Could easily see a massive improvement with out young DBs in the upcoming season just having this scheme. Predictable for offenses but Dbs won't be as confused and will be allowed to play. Most issues we had with them is they looked confused and was hesitant. Should be fixed.   Abram actually in the right position too could move him from liability to actually playmaker like he's looked like in glances. 

Having Yannick causing pressure and the improved coverage from playing simple will automatically create more coverage and clean up sacks. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

My real question is are we going to address FS in free agency? 

I can't see a real starting FS. Don't think the ever was one and why Jenkins went for so much. 

Think we're trying to get a guy like Boston or Kazee for the cheap. Be a placeholder for a draft guy

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Just so I can save myself some time, what exactly is an excuse subjectiveness or buzz words that I’m using? 

An excuse/ subjectiveness is that it is not personnel its "scheme" or "D coordinator".  I do not care who our D coordinator was last year our personnel was bottom of the league.  Explain to me what studs we had on D last year that are being held back by "scheme" and a "bad D coordinator"?  I am not saying that Gunther is a good coordinator but you're using a low brow excuse for our lack of talent and depth across the whole D.  We have depth pieces as starters across our whole D.  

You bring up injuries as an excuse and injuries are a part of football.  Good teams have quality depth and we have trash. 

You bring up specific personnel problems and dont bring up CB?  Arnette was torched last year, cue the excuses...  Mullin was average at best and the rest of our CB's are garbage. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think a lot of our red zone woes were on Gruden and his questionable personnel and play calling decisions. I think the staff has faith that Edwards can be a RZ threat in year 2. 

Are we rebuilding the O-line and Rbs to be more run focused in the redzone?

A lot of the throwing TDs we had was from rushing looks too 

3 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

I can't see a real starting FS. Don't think the ever was one and why Jenkins went for so much. 

Think we're trying to get a guy like Boston or Kazee for the cheap. Be a placeholder for a draft guy

Tre Boston or Malik Hooker would be ideal. A 4 man safety rotation of Boston/Hooker, Rookie, Abram, and Heath should be decent. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Tre Boston or Malik Hooker would be ideal. A 4 man safety rotation of Boston/Hooker, Rookie, Abram, and Heath should be decent. 

Gruden won't touch Hooker.   Watch the video of him getting drafted and tbf he is right. 

1 minute ago, OnlyGlove said:

Are we rebuilding the O-line and Rbs to be more run focused in the redzone?

I think the offensive line "rebuild" is a little overstated. Hudson is obviously a big loss but we had a rag tag group for most of last season. If Richie can stay healthy he's still one of the better guards in the league and Good played as well, if not better, than Jackson last year. 

If we invest an early pick into a RT he should be better than what we had at RT last season. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The staff also thought that M. Collins would be an impact 3t last year, Nassib would bolster our pass rush, Bowden would be an impact joker when we selected him in the 3rd round, Ruggs would put up stats that would warrant a 12th overall selection, Arnette was game ready at 24 years old, Edwards would do something.... 

Wan't me to keep going on how you're questioning/blaming Gruden in one regard but having faith in him and our staff on the flip side. 

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

An excuse/ subjectiveness is that it is not personnel its "scheme" or "D coordinator".  I do not care who our D coordinator was last year our personnel was bottom of the league.  Explain to me what studs we had on D last year that are being held back by "scheme" and a "bad D coordinator"?  I am not saying that Gunther is a good coordinator but you're using a low brow excuse for our lack of talent and depth across the whole D.  We have depth pieces as starters across our whole D.  

You bring up injuries as an excuse and injuries are a part of football.  Good teams have quality depth and we have trash. 

You bring up specific personnel problems and dont bring up CB?  Arnette was torched last year, cue the excuses...  Mullin was average at best and the rest of our CB's are garbage. 

It’s not subject and miss to say that under Paul gunther our defense was ranked in the bottom 5 in the nfl while Gus Bradley In his worst year with the chargers was 22nd(and that’s if you completely ignore him developing the legion of boom from scratch) 

in order to explain the whole studs thing you would have to know why schemes matter it comes down to watching film and seeing what someone is a good fit for versus but they’re not a good fit for So I’m not actually sure if I can explain this one to you in a way that you would be able to understand it.

yes injuries are part of football so I’m not gonna comment there

While I would like a veteran corner like i’ve mentioned earlier, i’m pretty certain that both Mullen and Arnett are going to have much better seasons under Bradley(provided they don’t get hurt) simply based off of the simplified cover 3 scheme that Gus Bradley deploys that low round draft picks and cast off from other teams have thrived in. But again in order for me to explain that in a way for you to understand further it would require you to watch film and have a good understanding of the differences between schemes.

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The staff also thought that M. Collins would be an impact 3t last year, Nassib would bolster our pass rush, Bowden would be an impact joker when we selected him in the 3rd round, Ruggs would put up stats that would warrant a 12th overall selection, Arnette was game ready at 24 years old, Edwards would do something.... 

Wan't me to keep going on how you're questioning/blaming Gruden in one regard but having faith in him and our staff on the flip side. 

And despite all of that we still went 8-8 and if you change the outcome of 3 plays we likely finish 11-5 and make the playoffs. We were 5-1 in games we allowed less than 30 points and 3-7 in games that we allowed more than 30 points. And the only loss we had when we allowed less than 30 was to Miami after an absolute melt down at the end of the game.